“Comfortable stay.”

Ranked #30 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Nice clean comfortable rooms had multiple rooms some noisy neighbors above at night.
Can be a bit noisy if ur room faces rail line last train late first train 6 am on a sun.
Nice indoor pool jacuzzi , sauna
Easy to walk to mall
Parking expensive at 24 $ self.

• Stayed January 2014
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that overall you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi which were recently renovated. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Good stay with most facilities traveller could want but we felt it was targeted more toward business travellers than vacationers. Staff very helpful and friendly and coped well with busy hotel over New Year period. A little way out from Downtown which is where a lot of tourist attractions are located. To get downtown its either a Marta (tram) ride- not brilliant , poor signing and information and station facilities non existent and trains only run every 20 minute , or a cab ride away. Great for location close to Lennox mall if you like shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We do have a very convenient location for shopping as you noted and the MARTA is an option to many of the Downtown attractions. The next time you visit, our concierge will be happy to provide you with a MARTA guide and additional assistance in reaching your specific destination. I hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really beautiful and the location is awesome. It's right next to some of the best shops and restaurants in Atlanta and right along the Marta line.

The indoor pool is lovely and exercise room sufficient. One complaint was the lack of towels at 9PM. Pool closes at 11PM, so towels should certainly have been available.

The staff was truly superb, especially the lovely lady (sorry I didn't get her name) who was working the concierge lounge on the evening of Jan 2nd). She was helpful and really nice. And, the lobster bisque that evening was some of the best we've ever had. Breakfast here was also great.

Check in was a breeze, and again, the staff seemed genuinely interested in our being there.

As mentioned in many other reviews, parking is costly-$32.00/day. Just know that going in and figure it in to your travel costs.

Two odd things- 1. The concierge level room we were in (2414) had a small refrigerator just sitting on the floor. Odd and ugly for such a nice place I thought. 2. As we left, there were two valets dealing with our car. One fetched the vehicle, the other chatted with us and offered to help with our luggage, but my husband actually loaded it himself ( just because he wanted it a certain way). Anyway, he handed a tip to one of the men, and the two then proceeded to argue within our earshot about whose money it was. Not good, and certainly atypical from the service we had been receiving.

Overall I would highly recommend this property. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta just ten days before, and though also lovely, I think this one is much nicer.

Stayed January 2014
Thanks for your review and nice comments. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel, our staff and amenities. Please know that I have already followed up on your concerns regarding the refrigerator and with our valet staff. I do hope you will plan to visit us again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead for a business trip and was so happy to be around such friendly people! I parked in the garage and before I could make it to the desk, 4 employees offered to help me with luggage! Denise & Anita checked me in and they were great, I felt like I was part of the JW Marriott family. My room was beautiful and perfectly cleaned. I loved the convenience of being at the mall, especially close to the holidays. I very much enjoyed the staff in the bar where I had dinner, the funny ladies at Starbucks and the professional staff at the front door. Thanks for making my stay so memorable. I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: This hotel has PURE Allergy Friendly rooms for a great night's sleep-they work great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for sharing your comments. I will be certain to share your review with our staff and especially with Denise and Anita. A part of our JW Marriott Atlanta mission statement is that we impart a since of harmony and beautifully deliver lasting memories for our guests. I am happy we delivered!
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Welcoming and professional service at the front desk. We were given an upgrade to a larger room as a courtesy, just because it was available. The room was large, lovely amenities and most importantly fabulous bed and bedding. Beautiful view, felt welcome and appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your post and for the “top notch” comments. I am delighted to learn you had an enjoyable visit. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations in hopes they will return for future visits. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family has had a on and off holiday tradition over the years to make a trip to Atlanta, stay in the JW Marriott Hotel at Lenox Mall or the Grand Hyatt at Phipps Plaza, and shop/eat/sightsee in Atlanta. This was my fifth visit to this property. I hold gold status with Marriott and have either been gold or silver for the previous 20 years. I paid the advance registration price on the Marriott website and then called to request room preferences for the multiple rooms that I had reserved. The agent told me that she could not request adjoining rooms or bed preferences, that basically I had to wait until I showed up at the property. I called her attention to the fact that I had not reserved a room at a Marriott for the previous six months because of similar intransigence of the reservation and desk staff at a resort hotel on Kauai, and that I had planned to drop Marriott from my preferences in favor of Hyatt as they appear to honor status and requests without argument. After I completed this conversation, I received an email stating that my preferences were reserved and when I arrived at the property I had been upgraded to Concierge level. So why did I have to go through all of this when the end result was simply to honor my request? Bill Marriott would do well to ask his reservations people not to fight with his best customers when requests are not outrageous. Nevertheless, the hotel was wonderful as usual. The breakfast on the Concierge level was one of the best I have encountered, the location was perfect for holiday activities, fitness center was superb, and the desk staff were fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for making the JW Marriott Atlanta a part of your holiday tradition and for your loyalty. I am sorry that you had difficulty making your room requests. While we can’t always promise that connecting rooms will be available at the time of your check in (based on the number of connecting rooms we have available and on the timing of guests checking out of these particular rooms) it should never be a struggle for you to make your request. I am truly apologetic for your frustration and you can be certain that I have followed up with the reservation team. I am glad that we were able to turn your first impression around by providing you and your family a pleasant stay. I hope you will continue to make the JW Marriott Atlanta a part of your holiday celebration for years to come.
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Let me first start by saying we are Marriott gold reward members and this was our first stay at this hotel and i wish i could have rated our stay higher, but we barely slept at night from all the noise in the hallway. We stayed in room1100 from Dec. 27th to Dec.29th and we didn't sleep well at night because of all the noise in the hallway. I told my husband we were placed in a bad room because there is no way we should have heard every thing going on in the hallway, especially at night. Getting rest for me and my family was very important to me since we had been traveling on the road for nearly 7 days straight. Perhaps the front door to the suite wasn't sound proof--- I really don't know, but my family and I ended up paying over $300 plus dollars for two nights of restless noisy sleep. I really can't say right now that in the future we will patronize the hotel again, but if the hotel wishes to contact us and rectify our bad experience we might be willing. The hotel is beautiful, but being beautiful did not give us the rest we so badly needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mike_Giamundo, Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott gold reward member. My name is Ebrahima Mbye, Director of Operations at the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead. I would like to apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your recent visit. I am in hopeful we will have the opportunity to speak directly with you. I have left a couple of messages for you at the phone number that was attached to your reservation and have left my direct number with you as well. Please feel free to call me at your earliest convenience. You can also call to hotel directly at 404-262-3344 and ask for me by name. You can be certain that a restful night’s sleep for our guests is our number one priority. I have followed up with our security team to make sure they are completing extra rounds on guest room floors as necessary to ensure we identify noise concerns. Thank you for letting us know and I look forward to speaking with you.