“Buckhead!”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #28 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Last spring break, Atlanta was my plan B (Another amazing solo trip) but at the end, I didn't regret choosing it, and especially this hotel! It is right next to the Lenox mall (I think that was the name) and to all the nice restaurants of the area. The rooms were humongous, and I also liked their bar, which was very comfy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Spring Break is just around the corner and I hope you will plan to visit us again to take advantage of shopping at Lenox Square Mall and dining at all the fabulous restaurants in the area.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Hands down ; staff here did an excellent job accommodating our business meeting from start to finish. Hotel audio team could have been a bit more polished but this is an outsourced company. Hotel room was spacious and bathrooms are huge. Good location next to mall.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Atlanta for your meeting. I am delighted to learn our staff did an excellent job in assisting you to have a productive meeting. I also appreciate the additional feedback. I hope you will plan your next meeting with us.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The location is great for restaurants and walking distance to the mall. I would highlight the valet service and the un attentiveness of the valet staff which after double reminders made me wait for more than 20 minutes during peak rush hour.

The service from a top notch hotel like JW is what sets it apart and I think it should be improved. I am surely returning back, 200 % for the location and ease of access into both sides of city......

The room walls are super thin and you could hear your neighbor at 3:00 am in night walking and talking.................

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid comments. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your travel needs. I am sorry you found our valet service to inattentive. You can be certain that I have already followed up with our valet parking team regarding your concerns. I am pleased to know that you plan on returning. Don’t hesitate to let us know during your future visits if there is ever anything we can assist you with to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have stayed here several times. It is a very nice hotel with excellent amenities and really nice rooms. The lobby and the bar are very comfortable and inviting. You can walk to the mall. It is a distance from downtown though. Lots of good restaurants near. Staff is very friendly and concierge will draw or print out a map to get you anywhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your loyalty and nice comments regarding our hotel! It is great to learn our staff and concierge was helpful and friendly! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed two nights. Had a large corner room with two double beds; it was one of the most spacious rooms ever. Beds were comfortable. Noise from hallways was significant. We shared a "landing" with another room and when they came in at 4:30, you could hear every word of their conversation. Food in bar lounge was above-average with an interesting menu. There's a Starbucks located in lobby (one server there was pretty rude though). Attached self-service garage was convenient with plenty of spaces. Fitness room was typical for a hotel, nothing special. Pool and sauna looked nice and clean. The hotel is attached to the upscale Lenox Square mall which was a plus for my retail-obsessed teenage daughter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid comments. I am glad you enjoyed your spacious corner room and comfortable bed. You can be certain that I have already followed up on your noise and service concerns with our team. I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and will plan to bring your daughter back for future shopping trips.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The location is great for restaurants and walking distance to the mall. I would pass on the breakfast buffet, it was pricy $20+, unless you are planning on eating more than yogurt, fruit, and an egg. The hotel bar is OK.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thanks for your post and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel and hope you will plan to visit again. We do have ala carte menus available for breakfast with some lighter options as an alternative to the full breakfast buffet. Be sure to ask your server for a menu. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Nice clean comfortable rooms had multiple rooms some noisy neighbors above at night.
Can be a bit noisy if ur room faces rail line last train late first train 6 am on a sun.
Nice indoor pool jacuzzi , sauna
Easy to walk to mall
Parking expensive at 24 $ self.

• Stayed: January 2014
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that overall you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi which were recently renovated. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future!