“Fantastic Hotel. Wife loved the shopping package!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #34 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Fantastic Hotel. Wife loved the shopping package!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Took my bride on a trip to Atlanta to do some shopping and sightseeing!! (and managed to squeeze in a round of golf) The shopping package at the JW Marrriott in Buckhead was everything they claimed and more. Having lived in Dallas for along time, my wife enjoys shopping at finer malls and we don't have them in Little Rock. The hotel is attached to Lenox Square Mall so you walk right out the door into the mall. With all the top department stores and boutiques, she was in heaven. We never had to leave the hotel and never got the car out of valet until we were ready to leave Atlanta. I have gotten "packages" before at other hotels and most of the time find they are not quite what they are all built up to be. Not the case here!!! For example, we had breakfast in our room both days and it cost us less than $15 because the package allows that. They just give you a $38 credit toward your breakfast if you order room service. The hotel has been redone and the decor and atmosphere is fantastic. I can't say enough about how wonderful the service was and what a great experience this turned out to be. Check out the "Legendary Shopping Package" and be ready to be very pleased. Your significant other will thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view of the city!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Cohutta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Buckhead on Saturday March 1, 2014. Everything was perfect from check in to check out. I was greeting by valet and directed inside the hotel. The lady at the front desk greeted me with a warm smile. The room was perfect. I had a terrace in the sky with a great view. I had dinner in the lobby lounge. The food and service were superb. The next morning I enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. Sadly, it became time to leave. I look forward to my next visit to Atlanta.

Room Tip: High floors are always best.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniel P
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at this property many times and always treated with a friendly staff and nice room. Location is great for Buckhead with plenty of great restaurants and shopping near by. If you are going downtown or to a sporting event the Marta is across the street.

Our room was upgraded with our status to a nice suite with an incredible view of downtown. We will surely return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your repeat visits. We certainly appreciate the loyalty. I am so happy to learn our staff was able to provide excellent service while our location put you steps from the area’s best dining and shopping. Thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I did a weekend stay cation for our anniversary this weekend. I booked through Priceline since i was able to get a much better price. When my husband called to request a King size bed we were asked to pay an additional $30 to make sure that a king room would be available. When we arrived the front desk staff was really nice and polite and helpful while answering questions, Our room was on the 22 floor of the hotel and the view was nice. The room was large and had a sitting area, that was nice. We had 3 hours until our dinner reservation so we decided to watch a movie. The PPV Chanel wasn't working , after about 15 minutes of the screen saying one moment please we called the front desk.The channel had to be reset and by that time we didn't have time to watch a full movie, When showering i noticed that the water wasn't draining well and i was standing in standing water, that was really gross to me. The bed was really hard but everyone likes different things, In the morning we were woken up around 8am by loud talking and coughing ( so much for sleeping in )we went to have breakfast on the 25th floor and the view was amazing . The lounge needed more attention since they were out of a lot of things (it was 9:30 am) and you had to ask for things like bread....
We went back to the room after breakfast . Our check out time was 1pm. while i dozed off at 11:45 the housekeeping knocked on the door and woke me up. I was really upset about that since i didn't sleep well at night at all.
If it wasnt for the staff my stay would of been even worst

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Atlanta for your "Staycation" and for sharing your comments. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced during your visit. Please rest assured that I have personally followed up on your concerns and would like to thank you for letting us know. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and I am sincerely sorry that we did not deliver. The service you received is not a standard for the JW Marriott Atlanta and I do hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence. I do hope you will visit us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

It was an amazing hotel, just beautiful. The staff was very friendly and the bar service was fast and speedy. Love their new wine machine. Aerator and tap for the wine. Brings out the best flavour. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice comments about the staff and attentive service in the Nox Creek Lounge. I will be certain to share your post with them. I am delighted to learn you will be returning for futue visits.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

At full price it's a 3 for a regular person. I have a REALLY cheap corporate rate and got some nice freebies since I'm platinum so I'll give it a 4 for my experience.

The room was very clean, the TV worked nicely, there were feather pillows, and there was a channel guide. So, I would stay here again. For a tourist it's attached to the Lenox Square Mall and right across the street from Marta which is awesome. I have Platinum Status so I got to go to the concierge lounge which is really nice here compared to some other properties. The paid internet at $16.95/day is faster than my internet at home. The gym was really nice but I had to switch treadmills since one is off a little. The daytime front desk person was crazy friendly. The night time didn't seem as friendly but really was super helpful in securing me a dental kit from who knows where since the shop was out of toothpaste. The six elevators are pretty speedy for any size property especially one this big.

The entrance and signage was a bit difficult for a self-parking person unfamiliar with the area. The lobby was nice but the layout was atypical. The double bed is small. They are not for sharing. If I had to share the double bed with my wife I wouldn't have slept. Your kids can share it. On the 22nd floor my Verizon work phone had trouble keeping calls after 2pm. A LOT of dropped calls. My Tmobile personal phone didn't at night but did during the day. The water pressure is low up here, too. There is light that shines in around the door. There is also poor sound-proofing for the door to the hall. The walls were great, though.

I guess some people really like Buckhead. Maybe walking from the self-park up that flight of stairs made me miss something. It's not worth $389 + tax, parking, and internet to me which was the rack rate. The Marriott across the street with the Shula's in it is pretty comparable and usually priced lower for both parking and room rates.

I would stay here again but not at rack rate.

Room Tip: Lower floor may help with cell phone signal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UofLtraveler
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and patronage. I am delighted you found our front office staff to be "crazy friendly" and helpful. We strive to ensure our guests have a positive experience at the JW Marriott Atlanta so I will be sure to share your comments. I wanted to let you know that I have personally followed up with our team to ensure we have check the treadmills. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to your future visits. Let us know on your arrival and we will be happy to show you how to access the elevators from the self-parking garage. Hope to see you again soon.
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Buckhead (the area where this Marriott is located) is a prime place to be. Especially if you'd like to enjoy the day & night life! Emphasis on nightlife. I think this area is much like alas Vegas! In that many establishments don't close until the wee hours of the night. People are everywhere, food vendors alongside the streets, and plenty of adult entertainment. I wouldn't suggest this for a family however. Only because there is a large volume of college aged people who want to seriously party. I would highly recommend for a "fun adult visit", but definitely not for underage kids. Tons to do and see.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from rooms near the elevators. People who have been drinking will thunder by and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business