“Wonderful Stay”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #28 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Decided to try this hotel based on the reviews and wasn't dissappointed. It was worth the extra ten dollars a day to use the valet service. Somewhat confusing to park otherwise. Staff was wonderful. Ordered room service the first night (meat and cheese platter) and it was delivered quickly and was delishious. Will stay here again. Easy access to the mall and MARTA

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My first visit to this hotel and I would go back in a minute. First, you can take the MARTA from the airport and it will drop you off directly across the street. It's only $2.50 and a pleasant ride. Save your money for the attached shopping mall! I was greeted upon check in by a friendly staff and the process took less than 5 minutes. There are employees everywhere. It's virtually impossible to get lost. I had one problem with loud people outside my door at 3:30 am. I called the front desk and security was on the floor in less than 3 minutes. They quieted the group then left a nice note under my door with the loss prevention officer's name and the assurance there would be extra rounds made on my floor. The note also gave me a free Starbuck's beverage from the lobby café for my inconvenience. If I travel to the Buckhead area again, I will definitely stay t the JW again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Come on back! I am delighted to learn of your wonderful visit to the hotel and that our staff was always available for your needs. I am sorry to learn of the noise issues you experienced from the hallway but glad it quieted down. We will see you soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

From the moment we arrived at the property, we knew we would like it here.

We had adjoining rooms on the concierge level and couldn't have asked for a better view.

From the front desk, to breakfast (free buffet with our package) to the $25 gift card (each night also free with package) to free valet parking (also free with package) to discount on shopping at Lennox Mall - it was if you were paying us to stay there! By the way - Dee in the restaurant THANK YOU for making my mom feel so welcome. Sorry we didn't get to come back the next morning.

While there, my mom got sick at the braves game and we had to come back to the hotel early. The valet agents and i believe the manager were outside and help me get her out of the taxi and into her wheelchair.

The next morning when we left at 6 am to drive home, everyone (bellman to front desk to valet) were super friendly.

Thanks again for a wonderful hotel. I can't wait until my next visit to the area. I would recommend this JW Marriott. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get upgraded to the club level city view. Amazing views - night and day!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SlimInNC

Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments regarding your weekend visit to the hotel. We do have a wonderful weekend shopping package! I am so happy you were able to enjoy the beautiful Atlanta skyline view from your room. We hope you will take advantage of our shopping package again and will see you soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The big Lenox Mall is literally attached to the hotel. If you want to come shop for the top designers this is the mall. The hotel itself is top shelf. The entire staff has been great! The rooms are big and clean. Very comfortable bedding.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of downtown Atlanta it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

We are so fortunate to be attached to Lenox Square Mall which is one of the premier Malls in the Southeast. Glad you enjoyed our staff and the guest room as much as you did the shopping! Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead deserves its outstanding reviews and rating. After my last JW Marriott experience (not exactly positive), I'm glad this hotel changed my opinion back to positive. Very beautiful hotel - terrific customer services, great accommodations, great meeting rooms.

I would definitely stay here again - just wish it were a tad bit closer to some of the things to do in Atlanta.

Room Tip: I always request an upper floor and away from an elevator. I had a nice view of the Atlanta skyline...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here with some customers.. its in the heart of the city.. near a Mall so finding the parking garage was a challenge but somewhat easy after that. Great restaurants nearby.. easy walk to Houstons and Tavern down the street. It is the place to hang out in Hot-lanta. We took a limo bus down to the Masters.. took 2.5 hours but its The MASTERS!!
Service was outstanding.. everyone was exceptionally nice except the hotel bartender just seemed upset about something.. not one smile EVER!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My two daughters and I, all of whom live in various cities, met in Atlanta for our second annual mother- daughter weekend at the JW Marriott. We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff is exceptionally well-trained and friendly. The particular weekend we were there, the hotel had a wonderful display of paintings and a couple of small sculptures that were going to be auctioned by Christie's- Picassos, Pisarro, Hopper, Henry Moore, etc. A special treat. We had a room on the 14th floor with a nice view and despite its location near the elevator, we experienced no noise problems. A weekend of shopping is very convenient from this hotel which is attached to the Lenox Square Mall, with the upscale Phipps Plaza just across the highway. The hotel features an excellent fresh breakfast buffet with delicious fruit, smoked salmon, and eggs, waffles, and of letters cooked to order. Additionally, the hotel shuttle will carry diners to nearby restaurants. We intend to rendezvous at this hotel again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family