“Not for a light sleeper”

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #31 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A very nice hotel with very friendly staff. Room was a great size. It is also attached to Lenox Square Mall (which was the main reason I chose the hotel).

If you're a light sleeper, this is not for you. I heard everything out in the hallway and heard the guest next door snoring.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Let me just start by saying that my experiences for the last 3months have been the best that I have had anywhere in Atlanta. I actually bragged so much that I have convinced all of my coworkers to follow me each consequent visit. It starts with John the bellman. You and your guests are so very fortunate to have the pleasure of his service. Always above and beyond! May I move on to Jaye at the front desk? Simply fantastic! So very accommodating. Maria the club attendant made each morning a beautiful one and Hanna made each evening complete. Emma with housekeeping was so pleasant. I could use every positive adjective and there still wouldn't be enough words to describe the service received each and every time I stay. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: Top floor only!!! Worth every penny. Get city view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacey B
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful staff and I would like to thank you for sharing your exceptional comments. I will be certain to share your review and "kudos" with each of the associates you have mentioned as well as our entire team. We strive to provide exceptional experiences and they are truly inspired by such positive recognition. We look forward to your future visits (and your co-workers)!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Came up from Florida to see a concert in Atlanta. Knew we'd want to do some shopping during the down time
This hotel exceeded expectations. For $149/night (yes, taxes & parking brought it up to $200) it was hard to beat. EVERYONE around greeted us with a cheery Hello, asked if there was anything they could do for us, and generally treated us like guests at hotels from a MUCH higher price point.
The room was standard upscale. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to fault either. Connected to Lenox Mall, it served THAT function perfectly.
The bar was well-stocked, with (surprisingly) tasty pre-concert bar fare.
We are Marriott Rewards members, so enjoyed the Club Lounge (free breakfast, afternoon wine & beer) and in-room internet access without charge.
Probably the best Marriot experience we've had, short of the Renaissance Arc d'Triomphe.

Would stay again...in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

wonderful hotel. Would book this hotel again. The staff is helpfull and courteous. The rooms are clean, elegant, and modern. Great room service. Great lounge and breakfast. Wonderful neighborhood and close to 2 very nice malls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Got a reasonable price of $149 for two nights, but be prepared for a bunch of additional taxes that takes the room above $170. We were charged for parking when we parked at the mall, we were charged $12+ a day for Internet, and we were charged for a call we didn't make. Be sure and check your bill before you leave!! Internet is free in the lobby, so as long as you don't mind sleeping in the lobby you're good to go.
Everything in the room costs money, so don't assume that bottle of water is free. For some reason I couldn't get our room to cool off, even though I had the A/C set to 67. The $149 rooms are small, and the beds are doubles (not Queens), so be prepared if you have to double up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a one night stop in Atlanta and the JW Marriott was the perfect spot for a great spot for an awesome night's sleep. Check-in was quick and I was given an awesome corner room with a great view of the city. Room service was awesome and on time for breakfast and was able to get to the airport for my flight the next morning feeling great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean room, comfy bed and an outstanding staff. Best customer service we've had in a long time. I think someone asked if we needed anything every time we turned around. We did the weekend breakfast/park package and it was a great deal. We will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple