“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A quick trip to Atlanta and I wanted a place where i could shop and close to downtown. Hotel was not as nice as other JW, but it's ajdacent to mall, close to restaurants. The hotel is a bit smaller than I was epecting, but it's clean, staff is efficient, very polite. Rooms were decent, clean and very comfortable. We ate at the Nox Cafe for breakfast, nothing to write about, same american buffet, I was expecting more southern cooking. The menu was not any better. Parking was $34 to vallet and $25 to self park!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a thoroughly wonderful time at JW Marriott! Everything was in excellent order and the service was over and above the best!! Bruce, John, Felix, Richard & Michael were all excellent!!! The location is perfect for shopping and seeing a bit of Atlanta! We will surely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I am so pleased that you and your family had such a wonderful time. Our associates take great pride in providing exceptional service and pleasant memories. Bruce, John, Felix, Richard and Michael will be delighted to learn that you enjoyed their service. I am proud to have these fine associates on our team. Glad to hear you will return.
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

They speed up check-in, room is nice, everything works. I have stayed here a number of times and think it's great for business travel. You can self park, I like that. Good dining options nearby. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night. The property was immaculately clean. Staff was polite and wanted to help. The indoor pool area was clean and relaxing.. It was a perfect stay with the exception of the rock hard mattress. By far, the firmest mattress I have ever slept on. Very uncomfortable. ( I know this in personal preference) i was really surprised by this, considering how lovely everything else was. A pricey place but great for a romantic get-a-way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your recent visit. I am glad to learn you enjoyed our staff and facilities and found that our associates were always willing to assist. I hope you will be back to visit us soon. We do have some great weekend packages that you might enjoy.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in October 2013 for business. It was a comfortable stay, good location, and friendly staff. Since I was there for two weeks, many of the staff recognized me and were able to greet me by name. Typical JW Marriott hotel, not luxury, but very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Jose is hands down the best bartender I've ever dealt with. He enjoys his job and actually took the time to tell us the history and production processes of the scotches he had on reserve. If every bartender took as much interest in their jobs as he does bars in general would be a much more educational experience and not just somewhere to go get a drink. Thanks Jose!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 773phillipt
Thank you for sharing your kudos regarding Jose. I will be certain to share your comments, not only with Jose, but with our entire team. They are so inspired when receiving nice compliments. I am now also inspired to learn about the history and production process of our scotches! Please visit again.
St. Louis
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We travel to Atlanta at least three times a year. We were very excited about staying at the JW Marriott. In hindsight, I feel like I could have gone to the Marriott down the street and got the same level of luxury. I had the idea that this hotel would be a step above the usual Marriott in terms of amenities, elegance and service. Boy was I disappointed.

First, the lobby areas are very nice and welcoming. The doormen and front desk staff were very courteous and kind. Check in was a breeze. I didn't have to wait in line and the representative was extremely friendly.

The room was meh. While clean, I never really got a good feeling about it. Actually, we found a hair on the towel and ended up buying our own towels and some bleach-based cleaning supplies.

We had breakfast in the hotel...It was good. The server and the cook were EXTREMELY nice. We enjoyed their service. The food was typical hotel breakfast with cooked to order eggs and waffles.

The location was good. The hotel adjoins to Lenox Mall. There is a very nice Houston's across the street. So, we were not short on dining options.

Will I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am so disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues during your stay. You can be certain that I have addressed your comments with the appropriate leaders. We take great pride in offering our guests a clean and comfortable environment as well as outstanding service. I am happy you had a pleasant experience on our arrival with our doormen and front desk staff and found check in a breeze. I'm also happy you enjoyed your service and our staff during breakfast. I do hope you will consider visiting again.