“Great Find at a Great Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles

JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #34 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pineville, NC
“Great Find at a Great Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

My husband, 11 month old and I stayed at the JW Marriot in Buckhead this past weekend only because it accepted our bid on Priceline ($95). We were very pleased and surprised with the quality of the hotel and its service. Upon our arrival the staff was there to help us with everything we needed and were quick to learn our names.

Our room was not anything spectacular, however, it was VERY clean and the furnishings were in excellent condition. I am very particular about cleanliness of hotels and this one truly passed the test.

The hotel is in a great location for shoppers as it connects to the mall, however, it is a slight walk to the other hotels in Buckhead. We did the walk with no problems, though.

I highly recommend this hotel, it was especially family-friendly and the concierge was very happy to lead us to great restaurants that would welcome our son, but not to lose the quality of food. A great experience!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Ashley520

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2009

We had a Great Time at the JW MARRIOTT !!!
The Staff is Very Friendly, and Helpful !!!
Great Amenities!! Great Location!! Great Food!! Great Prices!!
Very Clean!!
Will Definately be coming back !!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel while attending the Gift Mart in Atlanta. The front desk staff was very friendly, our corner room was very spacious AND clean, the bathroom was huge with a separate bath tub and shower stall, and the shuttle for the mart stopped in front of this hotel. We were very pleased with our stay here except for the fact that we were told that all three members of our party got free breakfast in the restaurant every morning of our stay (we signed up for the breakfast package). Upon reviewing my bill before check-out, they had charged me for part of the first morning's breakfast and all of the second morning's. I phoned the front desk, spoke to a manager and was told that breakfast was only for TWO people in the party. She adjusted the second day's bill, but I told her that she needs to make sure her front desk staff is aware of that rule because I asked specifically if it included all THREE of us and was told "yes". Beware of the breakfast package, but all other things considered (with the most important being the cleanliness of the entire property), we will definitely return for a stay here when our travels return us to the Atlanta area!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

We reserved the JW Marriott b/c we were told my the receptionist/reservation staff that we would be able to see the Lenox fireworks from our room! Sounded great! We had small children and the fireworks hurt their ears. Got to JW after check-in time. Room not available, waited an hour and finally asked for a different room with same view. that is when we were told no room at JW could see the Lenox fireworks. Tried to take the kids to the indoor pools but it was so hot and packed!!! Paid $20 to park in hotel parking lot, when we found out we could have parked at Lenox mall for 1/2 the price JW charged. Internet cost around $10 for 24 hours. Room was ok, nothing great.
Right before fireworks started we walked to a near by parking deck and sat on a blanket! Fireworks were AMAZING! if you are even in ATL on the 4th they are a must see!
FYI- We have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton buckhead on the 4th of July in a room that has a wonderful view of the fireworks. (just equest an end room with lenox view) Next year (and from then on) we will spend the extra $40 or so dollars to stay at the Ritz Carlton. Rooms at Ritz are larger, nicer and the view is amazing!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GAgymmom
Chi-Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

My stay included four days over the July 4th holiday and I was very pleased with the JW. I must admit the Price was Right since I used Reward points. The room was excellent and the staff very friendly. The self-parking was $20/day but I accepted this as a convenience item and a car safety benefit.

The room (on 20th floor) was spacious, well-appointed and had a large, wonderful marble bathroom. My only comment would be the standard TV (but, who cares). There was the standard internet access charge (but, I carry my own "air-card"). Also, I had a great view overlooking Buckhead. Given the location, I was able to easily walk to Lenox Mall and all the Buckhead attractions/nightlife.

Also, I thought the hotel was quite safe and secure. The whole environment is definitely up-scale. However, I easily found the very affordable neighborhood restaurants and “hot spots” within walking distance.

Problem now is that I need to quickly earn more Reward points, so I can head back to the JW and Buckhead!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

The JW is in a perfect location in Buckhead. I stayed here with family during the Fourth of July weekend for the Peachtree Road Race and Lenox fireworks. The hotel is adjacent to Lenox mall and the Lenox MARTA station, making it very accessible and convenient. The hotel staff was able to quickly accommodate our every request, including getting both of our rooms on the same floor. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we had an excellent view of the downtown Atlanta skyline. My only complaint was that we had trouble getting into our rooms with the key-cards. They seemed to be hit or miss, both for getting into the rooms and using in the elevator for access to the concierge level. We had the front desk re-activate them several times, but continued to have difficulty our entire stay. I was also surprised to find a regular television. Most upscale Marriott properties have converted to LCD's with plug and play technology and this JW seems a little behind the times.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

My family and I recently stayed at the JW Marriott (June 5 - 7) and we throughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was courteous and professional. The rooms were quite comfortable and clean. The breakfast bar in the restaurant is absolutely fabulous. I'm really not a morning food person, but it was so good that we ate their both mornings. I would recommend staying at this location if you want cleanliness and comfort.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family