“Still the Best”

Ranked #40 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Hoover, Alabama
“Still the Best”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I know I've reviewed this property before, but I really, really love staying here. With the completed renovation, it's even better than before. All the public spaces got a facelift that maintained the character of the property, but made it look even better. New carpet, wall treatments, furniture...the works. Even Starbucks in the lobby got redone and is now bigger...YAY! This trip, our room on the 48th floor faced north, (thanks to the reception host who accommodated my request) and the view is spectacular...day or night. We ended our days at the Merchandise Market sitting in front of the floor to ceiling wall to wall window for hours just talking and enjoying the view. The renovation of the rooms is a success too, although I did miss the small sofas they used to have. Bathrooms are small, but removing the tub and replacing it with a standup shower with rainhead plus handheld was genius. Love the lighted mirror too. This is my favorite property.

Room Tip: Since one wall is totally glass, I'd avoid the east side unless you want to be awake at sunrise...
1 Thank xsdv8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staff: The staff was very helpful and accommodating. This included contact with Desk clerks, bar and lounge staff, housekeeping, and maintenance. In making a request or asking for assistance I received great service.

Room: The room was very clean. I had a room directly across from an ice maker. From 9am until 9pm the ice maker sounded like a 737 taxiing. However, after 9am it didn't make a sound again until 9am. The noise from the closing of unit doors is no worse than any other hotel I have been in, and is better than a number of them. The views are spectacular.

Fitness center and Pool: Both are great and clean. Plenty of well maintained workout equipment and spacious. The pool is neat.

General: Overall the hotel does not feel tired or rundown, as many convention hotels do. It felt and looked clean, well maintained, and they are remodeling.

Room Tip: Any room above 40 has a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott E
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been to this property in the past but this is the first time I've seen it since they have finished with the renovations. The property looks amazing! Everything is brand new, from the check-in desk to the rooms. The look is modern but still cozy. When we arrived there was a line for check in from a sudden rush and within seconds there were more employees arriving to assist. Erica Lumpkin checked us in and she was fantastic! She was quick but still personable. She seemed genuinely interested in our plans (we were staying for a girls night) and made recommendations for the restaurant we had booked later in the evening. This stay was just what we were looking for in the evening and the Westin helped to make everything flawless.

Room Tip: High floors have amazing views!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ATL-AKF
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had a weeks stay here during a conference and found it to be a very nice hotel. The staff was very helpful and courteous and someone was always available no matter what time of the day. The room was very nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel has several amenities from an in house Starbucks to fine dining as well as a store to pick up sundry items. I had only two issues that I encountered one being the iron was broken but they did replace it quickly the other was that the tub drained slowly leaving me standing in ankle deep water during my shower. I'm sure they would have taken care of it but I kept forgetting to tell them.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Honestly - I loved this place. This hotel here gets all of the fundamentals right: The place is clean, spacious, conveniently located in the city, and their people (FD staff and bar/lounge crew especially) were top notch. Kristen, especially, in the hotel's, 71st floor Sun Dial lounge, was super sweet and super cute, and was quite knowledgeable about the bar's alcoholics selection despite being a youthful 21 years old.

The concierge was very helpful - giving me directions to the FedExOffice one night I had to do some work. (The hotel's business center had been reduced a couple of stand alone computers in their lobby, while the new office space was being completed). Although the directions from the Concierge referred to the copy and print shop as the now defunct "FedEx Kinkos" - I was still able to find my way.

Finally, the gym was great and open 24-hours. I love that I was able to workout so late one night of my stay. One muscle-bound guy from the cleaning crew even joined me in lifting weights.. that was a little weird seeing the uys work out in full uniform, but I guess that's one of perks of the job.

Overall - I loved my stay and would highly recommend this place... and look forward to coming back.

1 Thank jacobandjune
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

So, I work for a Westin competitor in the hotel business... so getting to stay at the "enemy" for once was interesting to say the least,

Honestly - I loved this place. The people here get all of the fundamentals right: The place is clean, spacious, conveniently located in the city, and their people (FD staff and bar/lounge crew especially) were top notch. Kristen, especially, in the hotel's, 71st floor Sun Dial lounge, was super sweet and super cute, and was quite knowledgeable about the bar's alcoholics selection despite being a youthful 21 years old.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

At 72 stories high you will get a great view of downtown ATL. I also loved the elevator ride because you get to view the city while climbing up to the 72 floor. They have a bar and restaurant as well.

1 Thank Ahmed E