“Multiple Stays - Always Good!”

Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Multiple Stays - Always Good!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a picky traveler and I have enjoyed my stay at this location each time (3 total so far). The central location is great for anyone looking to do some of the most popular things in ATL (aquarium, coca-cola, etc). The staff is always nice and accommodating. The views are the best! I love just staring out of the windows!! I do not know what the rooms were like before the renovations but I can say that the renovated rooms are great. They are a bit on the small side (especially the bathroom) but not too small.

I enjoyed Sundial and the jazz band that was playing. I think the breakfast buffet is overpriced, especially with 20% automatically added for gratuity. Parking is pricey but that is to be expected in ATL. I will say the first time we stayed, they did not tell us to take our radar detector down and they removed it themselves. By doing this, they broke the clip that held it there. The clip is the approximate price of 1 night's valet so they just took that charge off the room. I was happy with that compensation.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a central location, friendly staff and beautiful views.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better!
Green Features: I like the Make a Green Choice program which allows you to opt out of housekeeping service in return for $5 F&B credit or 500 SPG points for each night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'wanderlustjourney',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate hearing such positive feedback from our guests. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your guestroom, and hearing the Mose Davis Trio jazz band at the Sun Dial Bar. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Ron Tarson
The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the end if April for a conference that was in the hotel. There were a couple of conferences on at the same time but I still managed to have the awesome pool to myself each night. There is a Starbucks in the lobby - 5th floor - and if you opt not to have your bed linens changed (can choose each night) then you get a $5 voucher which you can use at Starbucks. The hotel is across the street from the MARTA train stop. Any train you take from the airport will take you through the correct station "peach tree plaza centre". The hotel lives up to the westin standard - comfy, clean, etc

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a in town getaway, and it was an awesome stay! We had a rough start with trying to find parking, as well as our bathroom not being as clean as it should have been. However, when the issue was addressed, everything was taken care of right away, and handled very professionally as it should have been, so that was a huge plus! The hotel itself is spacious and very classy and updated. Having the Sundial inside the hotel was also awesome! We did not eat there, but it was a great place to have cocktails and enjoy the even more beautiful view of Atlanta! This hotel is in the perfect location to tons of eateries, bars, and lounges. The room itself was very nice, clean, spacious, and comfortable! My only complaint would be the room service prices. We had two "average" breakfasts and the total came out to be $60 with room service fee, delivery fee, and $24 a pop for the food! Luckily it was free for us, but if we had to pay for it, I would have been highly disgusted! Overall good experience!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on a higher floor and facing Centinnial Olympic Park. If you are up high and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Peoria
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin for a conference. Great location - and I was dying to try aunt PittyPat's across the street. Room view for the 42nd floor is wonderful. The room was nicely appointed and the amenities of the hotel were on par for a Westin. With the hotel being round, the rooms are pie shaped which makes the bathroom exceptionally tiny. It is almost claustrophobic. Housekeeping was fantastic. Good for business but not sure I would stay here for a vacation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ames31
Europe
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located to convention center, centennial park and other attractions.

Rooms, lobby and restaurant (breakfast) are very average. My highlight was the enormously friendly and helpful reception staff.

Rooftop restaurant offers great view, overpriced food (although meat was good) and arrogant staff.

It is an ok place to stay for business, nothing less - nothing more.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matyas L
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Good Afternoon 'MatyasL',

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm disappointed to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly Front Desk associates. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope you will give us another opportunity, in the near future, to give you a warm Westin welcome back.

Warmest Regards,

Ron Tarson, General Manager
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at Westin Peachtree Plaza this weekend for MagCon. The hotel is beautiful! The building is round and has 72 floors of floor to ceiling window views. If you go up top to the Sundial restaurant, there is an observation deck where you have 360 degrees of unobstructed views of Atlanta and beyond. The room we stayed in was on the 53rd floor and we faced south east, amazing view! We could see Stone Mountain! The staff is very professional and accommodating-
The phone didn't work in our room and they sent someone up right away-
The only downside is they charge you for EVERYTHING! Wifi-$15/24hours. Bottles of water $4. Room service was super pricey- $18 for an average burger and they tack on fees and gratuity. I will be glad to get back to the bubble of PTC. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for views-
Careful, make sure you read the signs or you may end up on the wrong elevator!
Be sure to bring $$$$

Room Tip: 5313 has great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the Westin to hit the Sweetwater 420 Fest over the weekend. Casey reached out to me before my stay to ensure everything would be ok. I requested an upgrade as a Gold member if available and they certainly came through! We got a HUGE full 2 bedroom suite complete with separate living room, dining area, and wet bar. It was fantastic and definitely exceeded my expectations. Carly at the front desk was excellent as well and very helpful at check-in.

Kudos to Casey, Carly, and the entire staff for creating a memorable experience for us!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple