“Ready for a refresh”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Buffalo, New York
“Ready for a refresh”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Easy walking distance to the convention center although we have definitely used the tradeshow provided greyhound shuttle service.

The hotel itself seems overwhelmed. There are a ton of elevators but only some rooms can actually use all of them, others are serviced only by some. This means in the morning you end up stopping at every floor.

The room itself is clean and adequately sized for one person. The bathroom is very small and getting out of the shower requires a bit of maneuver so you don't bump into the toilet. One guy I'm traveling with actually considered asking for a handicap accessible room so he would have more space to get in and out of the bathroom.

I give it an 'ok' overall.

• Stayed May 2014
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello 'MrsMcG726',

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate our guests sharing their recent experiences with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, however, I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Korean first
AR, USA
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice Place and location. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Having to use the room key card in the elevator was a little awkward though. Overall, I highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hillcresthog
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor, 'hillcresthog'. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your Heavenly Bed, and our friendly associates during your last experience with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I spent two weekend nights here while in town for a concert at the Tabernacle. We avoided valet parking and used a much cheaper pay deck 2 blocks away on Cone St..The valet attendant still let us unload first which I thought was nice. Check in was easy (as well as check out). The rooms are nice with outstanding views on higher floors. The bed was comfortable. The common complaint for this location is door noise and thin walls. While I do agree I can't say that it was any worse than other places I have stayed. If you are going to be super sensitive to it then you should probably stay at a B&B. The rate for the room is competitive but you do get charged from the mini snack bar, etc. No complimentary waters here. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bones42
Hello 'CallieS968',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views and your Heavenly Bed during your last stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a picky traveler and I have enjoyed my stay at this location each time (3 total so far). The central location is great for anyone looking to do some of the most popular things in ATL (aquarium, coca-cola, etc). The staff is always nice and accommodating. The views are the best! I love just staring out of the windows!! I do not know what the rooms were like before the renovations but I can say that the renovated rooms are great. They are a bit on the small side (especially the bathroom) but not too small.

I enjoyed Sundial and the jazz band that was playing. I think the breakfast buffet is overpriced, especially with 20% automatically added for gratuity. Parking is pricey but that is to be expected in ATL. I will say the first time we stayed, they did not tell us to take our radar detector down and they removed it themselves. By doing this, they broke the clip that held it there. The clip is the approximate price of 1 night's valet so they just took that charge off the room. I was happy with that compensation.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a central location, friendly staff and beautiful views.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better!
Green Features: I like the Make a Green Choice program which allows you to opt out of housekeeping service in return for $5 F&B credit or 500 SPG points for each night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon 'wanderlustjourney',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate hearing such positive feedback from our guests. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your guestroom, and hearing the Mose Davis Trio jazz band at the Sun Dial Bar. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the end if April for a conference that was in the hotel. There were a couple of conferences on at the same time but I still managed to have the awesome pool to myself each night. There is a Starbucks in the lobby - 5th floor - and if you opt not to have your bed linens changed (can choose each night) then you get a $5 voucher which you can use at Starbucks. The hotel is across the street from the MARTA train stop. Any train you take from the airport will take you through the correct station "peach tree plaza centre". The hotel lives up to the westin standard - comfy, clean, etc

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a in town getaway, and it was an awesome stay! We had a rough start with trying to find parking, as well as our bathroom not being as clean as it should have been. However, when the issue was addressed, everything was taken care of right away, and handled very professionally as it should have been, so that was a huge plus! The hotel itself is spacious and very classy and updated. Having the Sundial inside the hotel was also awesome! We did not eat there, but it was a great place to have cocktails and enjoy the even more beautiful view of Atlanta! This hotel is in the perfect location to tons of eateries, bars, and lounges. The room itself was very nice, clean, spacious, and comfortable! My only complaint would be the room service prices. We had two "average" breakfasts and the total came out to be $60 with room service fee, delivery fee, and $24 a pop for the food! Luckily it was free for us, but if we had to pay for it, I would have been highly disgusted! Overall good experience!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on a higher floor and facing Centinnial Olympic Park. If you are up high and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Peoria
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin for a conference. Great location - and I was dying to try aunt PittyPat's across the street. Room view for the 42nd floor is wonderful. The room was nicely appointed and the amenities of the hotel were on par for a Westin. With the hotel being round, the rooms are pie shaped which makes the bathroom exceptionally tiny. It is almost claustrophobic. Housekeeping was fantastic. Good for business but not sure I would stay here for a vacation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business