“Great View and Location”

The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Ranked #40 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I took my mother in law here for a weekend getaway before her knee surgery. She has difficulty getting around and this hotel was perfectly located for seeing the attractions of downtown Atlanta. Plenty to see and do in walking (or wheelchair) distance.

The best feature of the rooms is the floor to ceiling windows which offer amazing views of the city. The hotel is quite eye catching as well, the cylindrical shape is pretty against the city backdrop. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the staff we dealt with all very nice, especially at check-in.

Only drawback was the expense of using the hotel parking. $32 a night is very steep when you are already paying high prices for the room! They gauge you on the parking, but even the self-parking and other parking garages around Atlanta are a bit pricey, so probably no good alternatives.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stated here several times back in the 1990s. Remodeled and looking like a new lady. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The staff was attentive and personable. I always look forward to returning.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels I have ever been to. THe views of Atlanta are amazingand the rooms are chic. The glass lift is like fairground ride and the revolving restaurant says dont drink..

Outcome Glad i have been

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at Westin Peachtree for a quick weekend trip to Atlanta with the express purpose of visiting the aquarium. Despite being mildly afraid of heights, I agreed to a room on the 41st floor. Views of the city were nice, but I'll admit floor the ceiling windows scare the heck out of me, so I did not spend a lot of time loitering at the window. I did enjoy opening the curtails when we went to bed to soak in the evening view.

The bed was comfortable. Our room overall was average. The appeal and cost ratio seems to be determined more by view and location. Very close to Olympic park and aquarium. We walked to both, the kids rolled.

The Westin has valet parking and we used it, which as these things go is a little pricey, but again par for the course. There are some public garages nearby, but I'm on vacation.

We did not use the facilities (bar, gym, pool) so I cannot comment on them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for a week on a work related trip and it was a very nice experience. It rained a lot while I was there and we worked odd hours so we ended up spending a lot of time in the hotel room, lobby bar, and at the Sundial bar. Great views from the Sundial, both day and night, and the food is very good, too! Staff very accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've stayed at the hotel twice, for 2 nights in Dec 2013, and for 1 night in April 2014. Let's start with the good - the rooms were great. And that's very important. The front desk are very nice - you usually have to line up to talk to them though.
The bad - it's a huge hotel and the hotel is super busy, which I guess comes with being downtown. There are always some conferences people staying there so it's a bit like a zoo. I personally don't like huge super crowded hotels, but I wonder if there's an alternative when staying downtown (I stayed at the Hilton once and it was not good). Certain elevators go only to certain areas, etc. The typical stuff. The parking situation is irritating - you valet for convenience but then you have to line up at the counter downstairs before you can get the car.
Bottom line - if you keep your expectations in check when it comes to staying downtown at a large hotel, then you should be fine, because the rooms are very nice.

Room Tip: They have 3 fitness rooms, in which the exercise machines are INSIDE the room. If you manage to snag...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ido K
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I will return soon!!! The room was very nice. It was clean and the view was awesome! It was for my husband and I Anniversary. Plenty of places to eat and a lot of things to do. The Sundial on top of the building was Great! Over all I'll recommend this room to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014