“Fantastic and wonderful stay!”

The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta. When the staff found out that it was my wife's birthday weekend, they went above and beyond and really made a great weekend even better.

Casey Ladner, one of their Experience Specialist's, in particular, stood out as someone who really cares about his guests.

The Westin rocked it for us!

Room Tip: Join the SPG program -- it's free!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,650)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Westin Peachtree has incredible views from its top floors (especially the SPG Preferred floors). The rooms ending with 11-14 look east/south towards the Hilton, Deloitte Tower, and Turner Field and the lower numbers face downtown towards the Aquarium and Coke Museum. Floor to ceiling windows provide spectacular views... I wonder why they don't set up the sitting chairs and table facing out the window?

The cleaning service at this hotel was not worth the views though. We did not agree to the $5 food voucher in exchange for no new towels or bed making services. The entire weekend, even after multiple requests we did not receive room services and were told by the front desk that they had a "higher number of guests than usual" and were straining under the amount. I have no problem reusing towels and support such "green" measures but not making the bed? The icing on the cake was when they did come to empty the trash they spilled half of it and did not pick it up after themselves. At 0900 on departure day we still had a "do not disturb" sign on our door but were woken by the cleaning service who snorted and walked off without saying anything to me when I opened the door. Check out wasn't until 12!

The air conditioners in the room are incredibly loud and caused us to wake up multiple times throughout the night.

The hotel was packed. Due to its tall but narrow size there are actually a number of "narrow" aspects to this hotel from its doors to its rooms to its hallways. The rooms, particularly the bathrooms - are very small when compared to the Hilton (similar price/status of hotel). There are not enough elevators for the size of this hotel and it didn't seem like they had a service elevator - if they did i'm not sure it was used as the staff were constantly in the elevators causing longer waits.

Coming back late on Saturday night we found beer bottles and trash inside the foyer entrance to the lobby!

The parking garage was also full every day causing the valet line to take forever - we ended up parking down the street instead of at the hotel. Do not advertise parking available if full!

On the plus side, the concierge was very helpful in finding a great restaurant at short notice able to accommodate 10 individuals for which I am grateful as our original plans fell through.

All in all though, I was pretty disappointed with the Westin Peachtree and will likely go back to staying at a Hilton brand location in Atlanta from now on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel H
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good Afternoon 'Daniel H',

First, I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us, including your guestroom not being serviced in a timely manner, the excessive A/C unit noise, and delay in service at Valet. Please know that we continuously strive to provide prompt service and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, and I apologize that you did not experience that. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and helpful Concierge.

I'd like an opportunity to make this right for you, so please feel free to contact me directly at WestinPeachGM@westin.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Warmest Regards,

Ron Tarson
The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Reviewed 26 May 2014

the accommodations - outstanding; check-in staff - polite; management - take notes: on the particular weekend I stayed there for a me-cation management had a difficult time managing rude and boisterous guests. Security spent half the night clearing unsupervised little girls off unauthorized floors who were running around playing tag and hide-and-go-seek from floor to floor, and there were the drunken bridal parties being loud and outrageous in the elevators and lobbies, not to mention the "clean-up on aisle 7". Ugh, I chose the WRONG weekend to stay for a relaxing me-time getaway. (AND I was on the preferred floor) I commend them for trying to get things under control around 10 pm to midnight, but it was too little too late. Guests were complaining from everywhere. I still had to make a call at 3 am. Let me be clear, it WAS NOT the prom kids. They stayed in their assigned area and were perfectly poised. Truly, it was the overwhelming group of pre-teen girls who were apparently there for some YouTube sensation I've never heard of. I rarely saw a chaperone. Here's a suggestion Westin - establish a policy of party or peace and strategically place your guests with similar intentions for the stay. While I was surrounded by a spectacular view of the Atlanta skyline, comfortable and clean accommodations, the constant disturbances were a significant inconvenience and aggravation which made the stay not worth the money or time. If I were scheduled to be there more than 2 days, I would have checked out and found another hotel. Please find a preventive solution to the chaos I and other guests experienced on the weekend of April 25-26. It was overwhelmingly unbearable and made the stay miserable.

Room Tip: Request to be furthest from the elevators so that you have less noise echoing into your room. Also...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Recently a group I am involved in hosted a conference here. As the Chair of the Board of Officers I was provided with the Presidential Suite. While I have been lucky enough to get upgrades before from various hotels, nothing prepared me for this unbelievable two story room on the top of the hotel.

Everything about the room, and the service that went with it, was outstanding. I would especially like to thank Javier Zayas for his extra efforts to make my stay unforgettable.

While I will never be able to afford a Presidential Suite, I would return to this hotel anytime.

The only small complaint I have relates to the Sun Dial bar. I went up for a quick salad and drink one evening. It was not busy but I found the service (just getting someone to talk to me) was extremely poor. The chicken caesar salad was the smallest head of romaine I have ever seen with a few morsels of chicken. Not what I expected for the price charged.

So, while the hotel and room service was outstanding, the bar needs some serious work.

Room Tip: If you can afford it... ask for the Presidential Suite!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel has a great atmosphere, in he heart of the city, wonderful city views, and a nice feel in the lobby area. The room is where it disappoints. Aside from the great views of the city from the higher floors, the room feels cramped, the bathroom is similar to the size of a cruise bathroom, and you hear everything going on in the rooms nearby and especially the hallway. We were awoken throughout the night and early in the morning to people talking and laughing and even the room service people knocking on other doors. If the views are all you are looking for, this is your hotel...for the money, I would look at other options in Atlanta.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed for 4 nights this past week for a business conference. This is a huge hotel in the heart of Atlanta. The location is awesome! I had a room on the 46th floor so the view was spectacular.
When I first arrived it was obvious the vacuuming was not very thorough as there was scraps on the floor near the door. I had also noticed what looked like some "toothpaste drool" dripping down the front of the bathroom sink vanity. I did not touch it and neither did anyone else the whole week. As part of their green initiative the Westin offers a $5 card if you would rather not need your sheets changed. I did this the first night and received the coupon under my door. I did have the expectation that housekeeping would have come in and made the bed and replenished the coffee, they did not. For some reason the second time I did it they did.

I did need to plug in the bed and lamp between the beds - when I did this I noticed that the vacuuming had not been very thorough anywhere, especially between the window and bed. I did call and ask to have a microwave brought up to reheat my lunch one of the days... I waited 55 minutes but I had to return to my session so I ended up canceling the order.

The workout room is wonderful and the pool with the retractable roof is really nice. Great lounge chairs to sit it when you need to unwind in the warmth. The elevators are hard to deal with as you can only get to certain floors from certain elevators I was close to having it down by the time I left. Meeting rooms were a little cold but that is not unusual, I think it is to keep you awake when the speakers are boring.

Despite the housekeeping issues I would recommend the hotel as it is a cool place for its location, status in the city, and overall coolness.

Room Tip: Starbucks closes at 6pm so get something if you need it early. They do have apples and oranges in t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Beautiful hotel with stunning views. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows. I was on an upper floor and never closed the curtains. Beautiful at night with city lights. There is a restaurant at the top of the hotel but one floor up from that is a bar that revolves. Grab a seat, order a drink and take in the city view. The hotel is in a great location also. The Marta transportation system takes you from the airport to within about 4 blocks of the hotel. The Westin is located within walking distance of attractions and numerous places to eat and shop. The Coca Cola Museum and The Aquarium are only 3 or 4 blocks away. The hotel has a nice bar/lounge area, a Starbucks and a small restaurant. When I stayed there they also had a Green Program. For every day that you didn't have the maid come in to make your bed or change towels you got a $5 voucher to use at the restaurant or shop. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Also I was a solo traveler and didn't have any problems sitting in the hotel lounge or walking in the neighborhood by myself. I would go back to Atlanta just to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor so you have a view of the city
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo