“Nice, with a few quirks”

The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice, with a few quirks”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped in Atlanta to fly home after visiting family. Decided to stay here as it was located near the train and everything we wanted to see. I will say, the location is great. Neighborhood is nice. I can't really say much negative about the rooms or the staff. The valet was nice and prompt. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The quirks. Internet is 14.99 a night. Really? For the price of the room, you would think they would include this in with it. Seems to be a "because they can" charge.

Forget about cell reception when you get to the higher floors. We were on the 53rd floor and in very few spots did we actually get reception. Even standing next to the windows did not get us decent reception.

Power outlets are lacking. There were no easily accessible outlets on the one side of our room where the beds are. One would have thought that people would charge their phone and use it as an alarm clock, setting it on the nightstand. instead, you have to string the cables across the room to charge your phone or laptop if you want to charge and use the device.

The rooms were quiet. we had two screaming kids at times and you couldn't hear them in the hallways. never heard anyone around us.

The sundial has a killer view of the city. We were extremely disappointed though, as they had 8 beers on tap. 7 of them were not available as they were sold out. I could see one or two, but when you only have 1 beer on tap out of 8, that's pretty bad. Instead of eating at the restaurant (we saw the prices and decided against that quickly), we went a half block down the street to a steakhouse, which was awesome and located next to the metro stop.

Elevators are very quick. You just need to look and see what elevators go to what floors..

Overall, you get an awesome view of Atlanta at night, and a quiet room. Would I go back, yes.

Room Tip: Higher floors don't get cell reception! Great view of Atlanta
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jmueller_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
Madison
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with immaculate facilities and great revolving bar on the 72nd floor. I attended a conference there and stayed there for 2 days.

I would have given them all 5s except for a little "hospitality" incident in which I was locked out of my room due to my credit card having been declined. Apparently my charge from out-of-state on a large bar tab (I hosted) tripped a fraud alert and my bank had the wrong number to verify. I was locked out when I went to the gym at 6 AM and then told by a young lady at front desk that I needed to work the issue out before being let back in. After some negotiations she let me be escorted up by security so I could get access to shower and clothes. Of course all was fixed as soon as the bank opened and I could call. However, given that I was staying in a high end hotel for a conference and using a Corporate Debit Card, I believe I could have been treated less like a common criminal. The young service folks were nice a respectful but their understanding of the processes left them no room for less heavy-handed treatment.

Again, great hotel but that little incident obviously discolored my experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Seattle
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When in Atlanta for conferences I normally stay at the Omni right next to the convention center. This time it was sold out but the Peachtree turned out to be a great substitute, same high standard and getting upgraded to a suite on 66th floor only made it better. Also, the location is actually better than the Omni in many ways, closer to restaurants and bars etc. Next time I'm in Atlanta I have two great hotels to choose from, Omni isn't guaranteed my business.

• Stayed March 2014
Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Except for a very loud wedding going on downstairs, this was a very nice hotel. The rooms were modern and clean, and all was well. We'd certainly stay again the next time that we are in the area. It is a bit pricey for what you get, but you've got to be careful when traveling and we usually trust the Westin brand

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I as well as our 2 children (ages 3 and 10 months) decided to take an overnight trip to Atlanta and happened to find a decent deal at The Westin. After booking, I noticed that there was no self parking on site and if I wanted to use valet the cost was $32.
Upon arrival, our first thought was that the hotel wasn't located in a good spot. I know that downtown Atlanta is congested, but this hotel was at a stoplight and on a corner. If we had of wanted to use valet that would have been almost impossible because of the location and logistics it took to get into their drop off area. We had to walk a block and a 1/2 to self park for $22.

Once in our room and settled we called for a crib and was told that it would be about a 30 minute wait because the front desk was busy. 45 minutes later we call back to be told that housekeeping did not have any cribs available. It would have been nice to have known that information during the 1st phone call. The room was decent, beds were a little hard, but overall ok. The next morning while taking a shower, I look up to find a dirty wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain rod. There was also body hair in the corner of the tub and on the walls. There is no excuse for that.
I was looking for a good hotel in a rather popular area and I'm not sure I got what I paid for. At $122 a night + $22 parking, I shouldn't feel like I stayed in a roadside motel.

• Stayed May 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in the Westin for 5 nights, on my way back my flight was cancelled so I returned for another night.

In my registration form I asked for a high-floor, and indeed I got one...
I had a pleasant surprise to get the 60th floor (yes...) and the views are remarkable.
One important tip I discovered that at this height T-mobile has no coverage and this will also
drain your phone's battery. Luckily I had complimentary WiFi which kept me connected to
civilization. So when asking for a high floor keep this in mind if relevant (and this is no complaint
just a tip).

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Other than the fact that the power sockets
attached to the desktop were broken, everything was just as I needed it. There are several
services I did not use (Gym, etc) but got very positive feedbacks on from my colleagues.

In the mornings I took the buffet breakfast, which is a bit pricey (~25 USD tax included). I really
missed fresh vegetables there. As another tip consider crossing the street to the near by mall
(next to CVS) where you van have a proper breakfast (with vegetables) for much less.

Additionally, in the last extra night I had, I managed to get almost 40% off since I checked Expedia for the rates and asked for it when I called from the airport. So as a last tip, double
check before you book.

The area itself is midtown, and has some nice places around. You also have a close by subway
station (MARTA), which made commute very comfortable.

All in all I enjoyed my staying and will definitely consider coming back.

Room Tip: See above on high floor and phone coverage. If you don't care anything from floor 40 and up is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff was not attentive... They had only 2 check in clerks open on Memorial Day weekend and the valet was the worst experience ever, it totally put a damper on our whole trip. They did not have room for us in the valet parking our first night so we had to park down the street and walk (scary!). The second night we thought we'd try again and waited 30 minutes before an attendant would help us. Yet they STILL charged us for 2 nights of parking. I have left several messages with the accounting department and cannot get a call back. I also wish there was something in the room recommending restaurants and attractions nearby. We won't be staying here again, it was just too chaotic.

Room Tip: Staying in a high floors seems awesome... and you do get a great view... BUT its totally not worth t...
Green Features: If you decline housekeeping you get a $5 gift card to use at the hotel's cafes - including the full service starbucks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angie H
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'Angie H',

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with Valet and that you were billed incorrectly. Please know that we strive to provide prompt and attentive service to all of our guests and I apologize that you did not experience that. I'd like to follow up with you regarding your incorrect billing to see if that was taken care of for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly at WestinPeachGM@westin.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest Regards,