“Outstanding stay”

Ranked #39 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
San Diego, California
“Outstanding stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a great stay, I love the floor-to-ceiling glass. The rooftop rotating bar/restaurant was quite enjoyable as well - much better quality that I had expected. I made use of the New Balance lending gear (running shoes) - the Freedom Parkway trail isn't too far from the hotel. I hope to stay again.

Room Tip: High floor is best, of course!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMWestinPeach, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'SAN1K',

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that enjoyed our great views, the Sun Dial Restaurant, and that you were able to maintain your fitness routine by taking advantage of our New Balance Gear Lending program. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We had several opportunities for their customer service to step in and make our stay amazing. Unfortunately they need to work on their customer service. We did send an email to corporate at SPG and have been reassured they will use our experience as a tracking moment.

• Stayed May 2014
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor, 'PeaceMother'. I'm disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us but I do hope you will give us another opportunity to do so in the near future.

Should you want to elaborate on the details of your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at WestinPeachGM@westin.com at your earliest convenience.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at The Westin Peachtree Plaza on a Friday night for one night. Check in was fast and very friendly. The elevators at 9pm were extremely slow, we waited roughly 10 minutes to get an elevator to our room on the 64th floor. The room was great, not too big but nice for 2 adults. We checked out at 9am on Saturday and there were roughly 5 people waiting on their cars from the valet. We paid the $32 parking fee (crazy high) with the window at 9:05am. We sat down in our car at 9:30...25 minutes of waiting on our car while there were 5 other employees standing around talking while 2 or 3 older valet's went to get cars. One customer out there was so irate I thought he was going to knock the valet out. Experience was great but I would like a self park option in the future...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello 'Graceology',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall but I do apologize for the delay in elevator and Valet service you experienced during your stay. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stopped in Atlanta to fly home after visiting family. Decided to stay here as it was located near the train and everything we wanted to see. I will say, the location is great. Neighborhood is nice. I can't really say much negative about the rooms or the staff. The valet was nice and prompt. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The quirks. Internet is 14.99 a night. Really? For the price of the room, you would think they would include this in with it. Seems to be a "because they can" charge.

Forget about cell reception when you get to the higher floors. We were on the 53rd floor and in very few spots did we actually get reception. Even standing next to the windows did not get us decent reception.

Power outlets are lacking. There were no easily accessible outlets on the one side of our room where the beds are. One would have thought that people would charge their phone and use it as an alarm clock, setting it on the nightstand. instead, you have to string the cables across the room to charge your phone or laptop if you want to charge and use the device.

The rooms were quiet. we had two screaming kids at times and you couldn't hear them in the hallways. never heard anyone around us.

The sundial has a killer view of the city. We were extremely disappointed though, as they had 8 beers on tap. 7 of them were not available as they were sold out. I could see one or two, but when you only have 1 beer on tap out of 8, that's pretty bad. Instead of eating at the restaurant (we saw the prices and decided against that quickly), we went a half block down the street to a steakhouse, which was awesome and located next to the metro stop.

Elevators are very quick. You just need to look and see what elevators go to what floors..

Overall, you get an awesome view of Atlanta at night, and a quiet room. Would I go back, yes.

Room Tip: Higher floors don't get cell reception! Great view of Atlanta
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jmueller_13
Madison
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with immaculate facilities and great revolving bar on the 72nd floor. I attended a conference there and stayed there for 2 days.

I would have given them all 5s except for a little "hospitality" incident in which I was locked out of my room due to my credit card having been declined. Apparently my charge from out-of-state on a large bar tab (I hosted) tripped a fraud alert and my bank had the wrong number to verify. I was locked out when I went to the gym at 6 AM and then told by a young lady at front desk that I needed to work the issue out before being let back in. After some negotiations she let me be escorted up by security so I could get access to shower and clothes. Of course all was fixed as soon as the bank opened and I could call. However, given that I was staying in a high end hotel for a conference and using a Corporate Debit Card, I believe I could have been treated less like a common criminal. The young service folks were nice a respectful but their understanding of the processes left them no room for less heavy-handed treatment.

Again, great hotel but that little incident obviously discolored my experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Seattle
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When in Atlanta for conferences I normally stay at the Omni right next to the convention center. This time it was sold out but the Peachtree turned out to be a great substitute, same high standard and getting upgraded to a suite on 66th floor only made it better. Also, the location is actually better than the Omni in many ways, closer to restaurants and bars etc. Next time I'm in Atlanta I have two great hotels to choose from, Omni isn't guaranteed my business.

• Stayed March 2014
Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Except for a very loud wedding going on downstairs, this was a very nice hotel. The rooms were modern and clean, and all was well. We'd certainly stay again the next time that we are in the area. It is a bit pricey for what you get, but you've got to be careful when traveling and we usually trust the Westin brand

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family