“GIRLS WEEKEND”

Ranked #40 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“GIRLS WEEKEND”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Myself, cousin, and one of her roommates stayed here the weekend of Mar 7-9,2014. We had a BLAST the view was AWESOME and the service was pleasant. The restaurant at the top of the hotel is the HIGHLIGHT of everything not too mention the weather was great. I highly recommend this hotel and will be returning again. Just park across the street for $10 oppose to $32 for parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, 'Alisia B'. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you had a great "girls weekend" with us and that you got an opportunity to experience the great views at the Sun Dial Restaurant. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful. I can't wait to come back to Atlanta and stay here again. Make sure you go to their Sun Dial Restaurant for your meals or drinks. The view at night from the restaurant or bar is beautiful. (Take your camera as you'll want to take pictures) The food is very good. Staff acknowledged me whenever they were in my vicinity. The location in downtown had restaurants within walking distance. The bed was fabulous with lots of pillows and a comforter that you wish you could affford at home. The internet was responsive. The desk offered plenty of space to work. I loved staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a view of downtown.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello 'redd9063',

It's always great to hear such positive feedback from our guests about their experience with us. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed dining at the Sun Dial Restaurant, sleeping in your Heavenly bed, and our convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your much appreciated feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bangkok
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I usually stay with Marriott
Property because of the point ,
Come to Atlanta for covering for a week ,company book westin for us because this hotel have the most
avaliblty during that week,this is a very big hotel I think feature more than 1000 room ,check in are very slow because only 3 front desk available one is for spg member the rest for nonmal guest ,it take more than an hour for us to finish check in ,during the wait I said a spg member complain to a front desk Clark about the wait time ,as a Marriott elite it never took me more than 5 minute to check in.

Finally got in to my room , the view of the room is very good and feature with a 46 LED TV ,bed are so comfortable I think it almost the best hotel bed I ever experience .

The worst thing of this hotel is there parking ,it very expensive and there is no daily rate ,you have to pay again after you get out
,however the worst thing is not about the price ,is the size !! Honestly the first time I drove in the parking lot I though I'm in Tokyo , space are so pack and drive way only enough for one way plus everyone including me driving a full size rental truck not a yaris ,I can't get out from drive side door
After I park so I have to climb out from Tailgate.

Iin the next morning find 2 deep scratch on drive door,report to duty manager and he refuse to do anything
Not even help us to call police. So I have to spend the hold morning to deal with this issue

If u just need a place to stay for business trip,this place is good , comfort room and lot of restaurant around ,and it almost the city center but if you have a car or for vacation please find somewhere else,this is not the place for you ,you will treet by lot of rude and not helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings 'Patrw'an,

I apologize for the delay you experienced while checking in and that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. Please know that we strive to provide attentive service and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, so I'm disappointed to hear that you did not experience that. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

..made easy with Westin Peachtree. I spent 5 full days there while completing a training program just a few blocks away. I could see from the hotel lobby that many other companies were hosting events within the hotel. I saw a high school reunion, internship conference, medical professionals conference, etc. If in Atlanta, this is a solid stay.

Pros:
Great views
A lot of rooms
Good location
Full size gym
Starbucks in building
Normal level of cleanliness

Cons:
Sun Dial Restaurant - you are paying for the view, not the food.
Confusing elevator configuration. (Lobby = 5, Exit = 6, Gym = 9 + flight of stairs?)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon 'Kevin J',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Starbucks Coffee Bar, great views, and convenient location during your recent business trip with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful, very nice place, but the parking is ridiculous $22 a day max & ur charged each time you leave out was not the best, valet just seemed to bust, the room was clean & the bedding was fabulous with a good thread count, this hotel is in a great location because we were able to walk to Phillips for a hawks game, Like most large business hotels, be prepared to dine out alot because there were was not a fridge in the room & to request one it would cost ya. other than that if you are prepared to walk and hang out downtown then this place is it. The view & room alone would make me go back.

Room Tip: The best views are the ones facing centennial, the higher the better I like the opting out of house...
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello 'Stacy O',

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and had your Heavenly Bed during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for a Dave Matthews Band concert, and everything was absolutely perfect! They were so nice and able to accomidate our early check-in (which is not always easy for a hotel to do) and they gave us a higher floor like requested. I spoke to about 4 different front desk agents during our stay and every single one of them were professional, personable, and provided excellent service. We had the pleasure of eating at The Sundial on Sunday and it was great!!! (my only advice is to not go hungover so you can actually eat all of the food). We vallet parked so that we could have in and out access for the garage, and I felt it was a reasonable price considering it was downtown atlanta, and every one of the bellman provided excellent, timely service when we needed our car. The hotel is at an AMAZING location, and the rooms are outstanding. I loved every minute of it, and look forward to staying here again any time I have the chance to visit Atlanta.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view no matter what floor, but we did enjoy being on a higher level. J...
Green Features: You can opt for Make a Green Choice which enables you to forego housekeeping and gain points for Starwood and saves on water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, 'krissy k'. We truly appreciate hearing such positive feedback from our guests. I'm so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Best Regards,

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

When we drove to the address listed on the reservation, we found no assistance. We had to get out of the car on a busy street to go inside to find no staff. We were able to read about a motor entrance and proceeded to it. The bellhops were accommodating. In the hotel the registration was smooth even though only one of the three rooms were ready. We waited an additional 2 hours and still we had to a long discussion to get the other 2 rooms. Considering that we were part of a block of several rooms AND a call had been made at 10:30 am to assure that the rooms were available, this was quite frustrating. While waiting we tried, unsuccessfully to find a restaurant and there was no one to ask. We have stayed at hotels around the world and never experienced this lack of available staff. Overall Westin hotels have been satisfactory, but I would advise against staying at this one in Atlanta, at least until they get new management.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alassio1
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'Alassio1',

I apologize for the delay you experienced during check-in and for the lack of assistance from our associates. Please know that we strive to provide attentive and prompt service to all of our guests and I am disappointed to hear that you left us without having your expectations exceeded.

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to give you a true Westin welcome in the near future.

Warmest Regards,