“Customer Service & Housekeeping Let's This Gem Down!”

Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
London, United Kingdom
“Customer Service & Housekeeping Let's This Gem Down!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have not been impressed with the customer service operatives on the front desk and housekeeping at this hotel. I stayed here for a Birthday weekend June 12 - 16

The Bad:

To start with they don't provide slippers, bathrobe or top up your toiletries. Lets not even speak about dusting...non existence!!

Woe be tide you if you should ask for any basics, replenishments or extras. I was greeted with a grunt and a look that could freeze ice.

Here's The Good:

The beds are very comfortable and the shower passes the "Ronseal Test".

I will say that the view from the top is awesome.(I stayed in room 5303) I was given a room on the 53rd floor even though I had booked an executive room on floors 57 - 65. This was denied to me on check in even though I had an email from ebookers stating otherwise.
Can you "Adam & Eve It" they charge to provide a fridge in your room. Talk about milking the customer for every bit of service.

The Great:

Location wise this hotel is great and within walking distance of local attractions like the Centennial Park, World Of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium, The Underground, Philips Arena etc....

Loads of eateries within walking distances too. They also have a Bucks on site....lovely friendly staff. There is a 24 hour Gym on the 9th floor which provides free fruit although not staff

Final Verdict:

I will not be booking into this hotel again because there are just somethings that make up the experience that I find essential when you book into a hotel. It's all part of the experience.

Room Tip: Try and opt for rooms on the higher floors if you can. The views are awesome!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Terri L
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'Terri L',

I'm disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. Please know that it is our standard to have a Heavenly robe placed on the back side of each guestroom bathroom door, so I do apologize if you did not have that. I am, however, delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is the last place you would want to stay if your looking for a good nights rest.This us definitely no place for children.The halls and elevators are full if thugs and people smoking weed That is all you smell. Was kept up all night due to the partying and dope smoking. Chicken wing bones were left laying in the hall way all day long. You would be better off @ a motel 6. So if you are thinking @staying @ the Westin peach tree plaza bring a bullet proof vest and respirators for you and your family.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank shiftwork
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Afternoon 'shiftwork',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback in truly important to us. I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience and any inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. Please know that these were isolated incidents and not acceptable behavior from any of our guests. I apologize that these issues were not addressed promptly and that we did not exceed your expectations. Your safety and well being is very important to us and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that to you.

I'd like to discuss your experience further, so please contact me at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make this right for you.

Hampton, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel has been completely renovated. The rooms are large and the bed is extremely comfortable. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, which we love. A short 5-10 minute walk to aquarium and World of Coke. Hard Rock Cafe right across the street. The staff is extremely friendly...my check out extended one hour when requested. Thank you especially to Bentley for his help. Fitness room & pool very nice. The Sundial restaurant and look out is at the top of this hotel. You can take a glass elevator up and then see the city 360 degrees from 80 some floors high. We did this at night, so the lights were beautiful. My only complaint would be that we often had to wait awhile for an elevator, and the elevator system was a little complicated, having to switch to go to the fitness center. Overall though an excellent hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello 'Tricia0813',

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks Coffee Bar, our convenient location, and our friendly associates, especially Bentley, during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your much appreciated feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Husband surprised me for our anniversary with a stay at the Westin. I have lived in Atlanta for over 20 years and never had been to the Westin. It was a pleasant surprise. The room was nice and overlooked the city. Comfortable beds. Had dinner at the restaurant which was good. Our waitress was the best and I believe her name was Ann. I would recommend the Westin for a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello 'Deborahhanna',

Thank you so much for sharing your special anniversary experience on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed dining at the Sun Dial Restaurant and great views of the city from your guestroom. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to helping you celebrate your next anniversary.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff was super nice, and friendly. I ordered room services a couple of nights and although pricy, the food was good. Make sure you take your own toiletries bc theirs are not great, they could be better.

I was there for a week on a conference, it located near shops and eateries. modern style building, clean for the most part.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good Afternoon 'FFXTravelers',

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your In-Room Dining experience and had great encounters with our friendly associates during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Myself, cousin, and one of her roommates stayed here the weekend of Mar 7-9,2014. We had a BLAST the view was AWESOME and the service was pleasant. The restaurant at the top of the hotel is the HIGHLIGHT of everything not too mention the weather was great. I highly recommend this hotel and will be returning again. Just park across the street for $10 oppose to $32 for parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, 'Alisia B'. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you had a great "girls weekend" with us and that you got an opportunity to experience the great views at the Sun Dial Restaurant. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful. I can't wait to come back to Atlanta and stay here again. Make sure you go to their Sun Dial Restaurant for your meals or drinks. The view at night from the restaurant or bar is beautiful. (Take your camera as you'll want to take pictures) The food is very good. Staff acknowledged me whenever they were in my vicinity. The location in downtown had restaurants within walking distance. The bed was fabulous with lots of pillows and a comforter that you wish you could affford at home. The internet was responsive. The desk offered plenty of space to work. I loved staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a view of downtown.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello 'redd9063',

It's always great to hear such positive feedback from our guests about their experience with us. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed dining at the Sun Dial Restaurant, sleeping in your Heavenly bed, and our convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your much appreciated feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!