“Convenient but lacking in service”

Ranked #39 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel room was large and ready for my morning arrival. But after that I did not feel the room was properly cleaned. The condiments I used were not replaced, and the garbage that was not placed in the can was not thrown out. And I was a little taken aback by the offer to give me 500 pts if I chose not to have the room cleaned. The elevator was slow and the Wi-Fi was poor. I felt like they wanted to do as little for you as possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Good Afternoon 'Liz S',

I sincerely apologize that your guestroom was not serviced properly and that you experienced a delay in internet and elevator service during your recent stay with us. Should you feel that the compensation offered was not satisfactory, please feel free to contact me directly at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest convenience. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I apologize that you did not feel that way after you left us.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to make this right for you.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stay here twice a year for the gift show, it's never our favorite but convenient location to the show. This trip, service was poor.

I hate to be picky, but there were no hand towels or washcloths so we had to call down for it. Thirty min later, we had to call again to ask where they were. Finally got them.

Then wanted to rent a movie, but the movie continuously skipped thru scenes.

Tonight, we wanted to call room service & had a hard time getting someone to answer the phone. Geez.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bkdj96

Hello 'bkdj96',

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us, including the delay in service from Service Express and the quality of your in-room movie. I'd like to discuss your review a little further, so please feel free to contact me directly at westinpeachgm.com. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The Westin is my new fave for my Atlanta visits! The room was large, bed very comfortable, staff friendly, helpful and expedient. My only issue would be the ice machine across from my room...very noisy at times. I slept like a baby though & enjoyed my 3 night stay.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank savannahbestmom
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello 'savannahbestmom',

I'm so excited to hear that we are your new favorite place to stay when visiting Atlanta! It's always great to see such positive feedback on how our guests enjoyed their Heavenly Bed and our attentive associates. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to giving you a warm welcome back on your next stay.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was here for 3 nights for a work conference that was being held in the hotel. It's not a bad property, but you can tell that it's been there for a while.

Plusses - views (I was on the 61st floor), cleanliness of room, decor of room, staff friendliness, well-equipped fitness center, really good food. Location and attractions & restaurants around it are quite good.

Minuses - the rooms are small (no other word for it), including the bathroom (even a very narrow door to the bathroom, and I'm not even a very big person). Navigating the lobby and elevator system can be a bit confusing until you grasp the layout of things.

I've never stayed in ATL prior so I've nothing else to compare it to, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I needed to come to downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GrammarFreak

Good Afternoon 'Grammar Freak',

I'm delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio and that you enjoyed our friendly associates, great views, and convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We checked in on July the 3rd and it was very crowded. The staff were very friendly and on point with all the multitudes of guests. The location was great walking distance to a lot of attractions. We were on the 43rd floor and oh what a view especially at night. The room was very nice the bed was so comfortable and the rain head shower was great. Only thing I would say I did not really like was the price to park per day but the valet drivers were nice and helpful. Nice property!!

Room Tip: room 4320 amazing view of Atlanta
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Misty B

Hello 'Misty B',

Thank you for choosing to celebrate 4th of July weekend with us! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, great views, and the Heavenly Bed & Bath in your guestroom. We truly love hearing about our guests' positive experiences on TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel is very well located in downtown with easy access to MARTA, many nearby restaurants and the Peachtree center mall. I got a 30th floor room and the view was amazing. Not bad for the price paid. Did not like the $32 parking though. Enjoyed my stay there overall.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ivster

Hello 'ivster',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient hotel and great views during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed on the 33rd floor in March. The hotel has a great view of Atlanta. The room was very nice, modern and well appointed with a comfortable bed. It was clean and hospitable. The bathroom was large, modern, and well appointed, but lacked a bathtub. The room had a safe. The negatives are the location, the parking garage, and the slow check in. Even with GPS, I drove past it twice, what with a corner location and one way streets in Atlanta. Check in was very slow. It seems like the more upscale the hotel, the slower the check in. The valet parking was full, which turned out to be a blessing because on check out day, there was a very long and slow moving line at valet parking. The parking garage is scary. There is no elevator that we could find, so unless you drop off your luggage at check-in, you have to negotiate very narrow stairs with your luggage. The stairs are wide enough for one person. The garage looks very old and dated, as though no upkeep has been done in about 30 years. Also, there is no dedicated pedestrian walk way from self parking to the hotel entrance. One has to dodge cars coming and going. We will stay here again, skip the valet parking, and be wary of the garage.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank drj999999

Good Afternoon 'drj999999',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and your guestroom during your last stay with us. However, I do apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in and that you found our parking facility to be unsatisfactory. You'll be happy to know that since your last stay, we have refreshed our self-parking garage with newly painted walls and parking spaces and a guided walkway from the parking garage to the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Westin Peachtee Plaza