“Beautiful but Noisey!”

Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Tennessee
“Beautiful but Noisey!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a great hotel for a quick getaway. The rooms are spacious, with windows that flow from the ceiling to the floor. And the beds are heavenly! You must visit the Sundial bar. Getting there is an adventure in itself! The room slowly spins, giving you a panaramic view of the city. The location is minutes away from all downtown attractions. Entertainment, shopping and resturants are all walking distance. Customer service was ok. Not the friendliest of staff, but very accomendating. The elevators are like a maze. It takes a minute to figure out which one to take to get to your room. But it's all apart of the Westin experience. Here is my only negative; if you're a light sleeper, you won't get much rest. The rooms aren't sound proof. You hear everything from the hallways, elevators, ice machines, and the rooms next door. And this seems to be the place where all the ballers and partiers stay. So expect to get awakened at 3 or 4 in the morning, by the drunken crowds, going to their rooms. Bring your earplugs!

Room Tip: Asked for a room away from the elevator and the ice machines. There seems to be less traffic on the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gatormarie1
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Good Morning 'Gatormarie1',

I sincerely apologize for the excessive noise you experienced near your guestroom during your recent stay with us. Please know that we strive to provide a comfortable and restful stay for all of our guests and I apologize that you did not experience that. On a positive note, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed sleeping in your Heavenly Bed and visit to the Sun Dial Bar & Lounge. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
Scotland
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Phenomenal views from my room on some ludicrously high numbered floor, which did make the room very special. However, if you're staying, get a room away from the ice machine - it sounds like an attack of some robotic being every 15 minutes - very loud and disturbing.
Breakfast was fine - a good range of fresh fruit and cooked offerings.
Some of the staff do seem to have delusions of grandeur though. For example I decided not to venture to the restaurant at the top of the hotel purely down to the haughty and somewhat sneering attitude of the functionary at the lobby entrance. Other staff though were great and welcoming, so the normal mix of good and poor I suppose...

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello 'Two Carpets',

I'm happy to hear to that you enjoyed our great views during your recent stay with us. However, I do apologize that your stay wasn't as restful as it should have been due to the excessive noise you experienced from the ice machine. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Bern
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta. I had read reviews on this site and was a little leery of the elevators and service. Fortunately, we had nothing but a wonderful visit. The elevators were absolutely fine. And it was very busy with shoppers from AmericasMart. Just beware that not all the elevators serve all the floors. Just read the signs. Took me a few moments to realize that you have to use your room key card to get the elevator to go to your floor - haha!

The room (16th floor) was very clean and though fairly small it was very comfortable for the two of us. Adequate electrical outlets - but I did have to pull the mattress out a bit to get my charger in to the outlet behind the bed. I like to keep my phone by the bed

The walls are thin and noise would have bothered us except we always use a white noise machine when traveling.

Other reviews say the internet costs $15 but when I went to sign up for it there were two options, Standard and Premium. Standard was free (charged $14.95 but then credited $14.95 for a grand total of $0 charged). I didn't check Premium. The standard speed was just fine for our use. Perhaps it was free because we joined SPG?

The shower was nice - enjoyed the rain head. Some nice amenities in the bathroom - I liked the close-up mirror provided.

We did not eat at The Cafe. But we did eat at the Sun Dial for lunch. (Dinner was a bit pricey for our pocketbook). It was delicious and the view spectacular. I am afraid of heights but the elevator ride up and down was really not too bad. My son had the Hand Cut Pasta dish which he loved. I had the fried chicken over mac & cheese with green beans. Now that doesn't sound gourmet but the way it was cooked was def high class! I've never had mac & cheese like this - long macaroni noodles and homemade sauce. The green beans were delicious and the chicken cooked and seasoned perfectly. The waiter was very nice and attentive. He was soft-spoken though and I had a little trouble hearing him! Service was fairly slow but I almost think that is on purpose as it takes an hour for the restaurant to make the full rotation and it took us about an hour to finish our meal. Very enjoyable and not to be missed if you can make it.

We had to wait in the lobby for our room to be ready on the first day. The lobby is huge and very comfortable. It has pretty wooden screened partitions around sofas and chairs so you can have a sense of privacy even though it's wide open. Internet is free for an hour in the lobby.

We parked in the $22/day parking and did not move the car. The valet was very nice explaining it to us - which I was surprised at. I thought he would push us to use the valet service. But he didn't. We did have to lug our suitcases down 2 flights of stairs which was a bit of a pain. Going back to the car we just walked up the ramps that cars use which was fine. Might be a bit dicey if cars are going up and down. It is VERY narrow.

Overall, a great experience and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, 'WingsNC'. We truly value your feedback. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Heavenly Bath and dining at the Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar, & View during your recent stay with us. It's always great to hear when our guests leave us with their expectations exceeded. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Clover, SC
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We came in for a conference, and stayed three nights. Excellent location and great views. Nice having a Starbucks in the lobby. I saw one review that complained about them giving you points for not using maid service. All hotels that I've stayed at in the past 10 years are trying this Green initiative, so it's weird that they would complain about this (Guess they don't travel). At least they are giving you something for it...most places don't. They gave us $10 in Starbucks credit...what exactly can you complain about since it's optional anyway. Also, make sure to take advantage of the ride to the top of the building for the viewing deck. I suggest making one day ride and one night ride. It's free if you are staying here and so worth the ride up to the top. Beautiful views. Beds are super comfortable and the rooms were typical downtown big city size (smaller but not NYC size by any stretch). I would stay here again if we ever have a need.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Petey05
Hello 'Petey05',

I'm so delighted to hear you enjoyed our newly expanded Starbucks Coffee Bar, our convenient location, and that you were able to take advantage of our Make a Green Choice program during your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to exceeding your expectations in the near future.

princeton
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great service Very comfortable rooms with enough light and and desk space to work
Staff is very helpful and friendly
Lots of seating area in lobby to relax or hold impromptu meeting
Breakfast was excellent whether it be buffet or ordered off menu

Room Tip: Ask for high room and see the sights of Atlanta from your room
1 Thank luvtotravelPrinceton
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello 'luvtotravelPrinceton',

It's always great to hear such positive feedback from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, your comfortable guestroom, and thoughtfully appointed lobby. As you mentioned, our new design is great for relaxing and impromptu meetings. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit with us.

Warmest Regards,

Arlington Heights
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel room was large and ready for my morning arrival. But after that I did not feel the room was properly cleaned. The condiments I used were not replaced, and the garbage that was not placed in the can was not thrown out. And I was a little taken aback by the offer to give me 500 pts if I chose not to have the room cleaned. The elevator was slow and the Wi-Fi was poor. I felt like they wanted to do as little for you as possible.

Good Afternoon 'Liz S',

I sincerely apologize that your guestroom was not serviced properly and that you experienced a delay in internet and elevator service during your recent stay with us. Should you feel that the compensation offered was not satisfactory, please feel free to contact me directly at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest convenience. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I apologize that you did not feel that way after you left us.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to make this right for you.

Auburn
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stay here twice a year for the gift show, it's never our favorite but convenient location to the show. This trip, service was poor.

I hate to be picky, but there were no hand towels or washcloths so we had to call down for it. Thirty min later, we had to call again to ask where they were. Finally got them.

Then wanted to rent a movie, but the movie continuously skipped thru scenes.

Tonight, we wanted to call room service & had a hard time getting someone to answer the phone. Geez.

1 Thank bkdj96
Hello 'bkdj96',

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us, including the delay in service from Service Express and the quality of your in-room movie. I'd like to discuss your review a little further, so please feel free to contact me directly at westinpeachgm.com. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.