“Huge fan of this hotel”

Ranked #46 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Huge fan of this hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you're familiar with the Westin brand, this property is top notch. The hotel has quite a few floors and a fantastic revolving restaurant on top. I highly recommend staying here and asking for a higher room. The room I stayed in (and I believe they all do) had floor to ceiling windows, so my view of Olympic Park, the Ferris Wheel and Aquarium were fantastic.
There's also a Starbucks in the lobby for your morning pick me up.

1 Thank MrTG
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Good Morning 'MrTG',

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and the Sun Dial Restaurant during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Korean first
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for our ASOA/NAOT meeting. I was blown away from the minute I opened my door to my room. The curtains were open and the view out the floor to ceiling windows was nothing short of breathtaking! The staff was very attentive to the needs of their guests. Case in point.While I was on the elevator going up to my room on the 66 floor, a security officer asked me how I was enjoying my stay.I told him that I was struggling with sleeping at night due to the hardness of the mattress. He told me that they were known for their Heavenly mattresses and he would see what he could do.Now, in all fairness, I am used to sleeping on a very fluffy soft mattress at home so this is not unusual for me when I travel. The next day I had a message on my phone from the security officer. H e wanted to see if I had slept better that night as he had housekeeping come in and add padding to my bed. WOW! I had slept better. More importantly, I was amazed that he followed through on my complaint. There were 3 conventions going on at the hotel while we were there and he still made sure I was taken care of. That is exceptional service!
The location of the Westin is perfectly located for walking down to Centennial Park, The Coca Cola Museum or the Aquarium. There were lots of great restaurants in the area within walking distance, but if you are staying at the hotel, DO NOT miss lunch or dinner on the 77th floor at the Sundial Restaurant. The food and presentation was fantastic! The views were breathtaking and the restaurant rotates during your meal so the view is constantly changing. The glass elevator ride up to the restaurant is impressive as well.
I would highly recommend staying at The Westin to heighten your experience of your visit to Atlanta. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: For the best views, stay in floor 50 and above. The pool is fantastic with a retractable roof.
Green Features: I loved that the hotel is green. They offer the opportunity to get a 5.00 voucher every day that you don't have maid service. You hang the card on your door before 2:00am and in the morning when you awake there will be a voucher under your door to use at Starbucks or the restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here during last May's Momocon. Fancyyyy. Haha. I'm not used to staying in hotels like this, but so many amenities. However, despite already paying a lot, you're still nickel-and-dimed for things like bottled water, extra toiletries, WiFi. Nonetheless, once you get used to your surroundings, this hotel is prime. Rooms with a sky view are ideal--it's so amazing to gaze out of the window being several stories high. I felt safe in the area--there were cameras & men in suits everywhere. It's conveniently located within walking distance of so many shops, restaurants, the mall, the convention center, etc. There's literally nothing to complain about in this hotel other than paying 4$ for a bottle of water. But what do you expect from a luxurious hotel? I'd highly recommend staying here, especially if you can find a great rate via a travel booking website. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sky view, always !! :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello 'herbravado',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views and convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Coppell
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Almost finished with week long stay for Ann's conference. The hotel is up to par for downtown highrise. I can see where things like concierge and parking and getting something printed from a laptop can break down real fast. I had to ask for shower drain to be unplugged, but they did it right away. We plan to have a Sun Dial experience, so we will see how that goes. I also do not understand why a pricey hotel cannot have free wifi.

Green Features: I like the idea of the Green. We agree to taking care of our own towels and bedding, saves environment from phosphates, save them money, and we get a $5 credit each day to use in hotel; Ann get's Starbucks coffee
Hello 'gregorio1955',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Make a Green Choice program during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Was there on business and was pleasantly surprised. nice rooms, close to restaurants, excellent service and decor. front desk was very nice. only thing i would say is they could use another starbucks in the lobby. line is very long in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello 'Angel R',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your guestroom, and our friendly associates during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Miamisburg
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very nice and large hotel. The common areas had nice seating with televisions.
The sundail was a nice place to unwind after a long day of traveling. Although we always seemed to luck up with valet, I did notice some frustration with other customers. The bathroom is a little on the small side, but was still okay. We never ate in the hotel because there were plenty of places around to eat, although not so much shopping. I would have to agree with other reviews, customer service is not a strong suit for this hotel (except valet). I never felt like they had enough employees.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pbqhop
Good Afternoon 'pbqhop',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear that your encounters with our associates did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable lobby seating, and visiting the Sun Dial Restaurant during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We reserved a room for one night because we had a dinner reservation at Sun Dial Restaurant. I was a bit nervous about this hotel's valet parking after I read some of the reviews. I was surprised that the valet parking service has not improved. We had to wait almost an hour for valet parking. Once we finally arrived to the lobby to check in, there was a long line! Our room was OK. A bit outdated and on the small side but it was clean. We went to the bar to have some night cap drinks and we could not order drinks from the table. My husband had to go to the bar counter to order drinks and the bartender looked at my husband and went back to clean a glass. We decided to walk to another hotel where we knew had an excellent service at its bar. (Omni) We tried to check out using the TV in our room but it was not working. I normally do not give such a BAD rating for a hotel but I have to give this a one star rating (my first!) for this hotel. The price for the room was overpriced for poor service and a bland room. The only pros of this hotel are the location as it is close to most attractions and the room view of Atlanta was great.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high level to have a great view of Atlanta
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachfreak01
Hello 'beachfreak01',

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us, including the delay in and lack of service at Valet, the Front Desk and Bar 210. Please know that providing prompt and personal service to all of our guests is very important to us and I'm so disappointed to hear that you left us not feeling that way.

I'd like to get a few more details regarding your stay, so please contact me directly at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make this right for you.