“Great Location with excellant employees!”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Great Location with excellant employees!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed in room 6717 for 5 nights. The room was clean and comfortable. Our view was also amazing. Here are my thoughts. Room 5 Stars, Elevator wait time 5 stars. Room lighting, 4 stars. Bathroom was the standard bathroom, but the shower had a very nice hook up with 2 different shower heads. Bed, very comfortable. Check in was good, but they need a system to know which line to stand in. I did not use there internet as I have my own device. Bell service, very good. Overall would be 4.5 stars. Would definitely stay at the Westin Peachtree again.

Room Tip: High floor was an awesome view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Funonewi
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Good Morning 'Funonewi',

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and your Heavenly Bed during your recent stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Korean first
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2014

While I am not a fan of Atlanta in general, it has one redeeming quality. The PeachTree Plaza is easily among the most beautiful hotels I've visited. The staff is courteous and professional. The view from each room and especially the Sun Dial lounge is stunning. I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor, 'Kate E'. We truly enjoy when our guests share their experience while staying with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates and great views. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Have been coming to the Apparel Market now for over 24 years. Stayed at the Westin for years when Macys Department store was connected. Although you can't find anything as close and convenient to the Market, we have typically we have stayed at neighboring hotels as this one seemed to be on the decline a few years back. We had heard there were improvements to the place, but never took the chance to change back. However while attending the recent Apparel Market, we were bumped from our other downtown hotel and landed at the Westin. Much to our pleasure, the hotel has done a 180° change and we were very pleased with the level of service and comfort. Rooms have been refurbished and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were a little smaller than our taste but not a deal breaker for future trips.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris J
Hello 'Downtown27577',

I'm so delighted to hear that you got an opportunity to experience our transformation and that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tifton, GA
Reviewed 10 August 2014

After staying away for years, this was my second stay within a few months and I am completely satisfied, yet again.
I have no idea who(all) made the critical changes but they were miracle workers. A few years ago I got trapped in the Westin Peachtree during "freaknik" which virtually brought downtown to a stand-still. There are still numerous apparel and mdse. mart showrooms empty and vacant because of the disastrous financial impact caused by a few hundred wild idiots and an incompetent city government. And the Westin was also part of the chaos. The elevators would leave you waiting for ten minutes at a time, the rooms were often uncleaned, valet parking would steal anything of concealable value left in cars and the desk staff didn't seem to care -- even to the point of telling you so.
Well, FF> to 2014: what a difference! The Westin Peach is an absolute pleasure. Polite, competent staff, squeaky clean rooms, prompt elevator response time, a great Starbucks in the Lobby, and I wasn't missing a thing in my car when I checked out of valet parking. If you, too, we're a victim of a past, terrible stay, give the new management a try when you're in downtown Atlanta. I think you'll be delightfully surprised.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels and on the west side. From these rooms you'll overlook Centen...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello 'lever8651',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our attentive associates, great views, Starbucks Coffee Bar, and your Valet experience during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I know some people have complained about this Westin and while it is not the newest in the chain, it certainly does show itself to be worthy. I love the pool on the 11th floor. The views of Atlanta. The wonderful Westin beds. The positive energy of the staff. One little peeve I have but it is one that I keep encountering in high end hotels...the fee for WiFi. People. This is the 21st century and WiFi is free in almost any shlock motel. At this point it should be as standard as hot water in the shower. Keeping that aside, I would recommend this for anyone visitin downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views but longer wait times for elevators. Take your pick :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello 'June W',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, our indoor pool, and great views during your recent stay with us. You also mentioned the cost for WIFI and I do hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary WIFI access we offer in the Lobby on the 5th floor. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two night to do some sight seeing. I stayed here 7 years ago and it was great. I can honestly say I was not disappointed My room was a little too clean, the duvet smelled like bleach and it was quite strong. I called the front desk and they changed my room immediately. I never had any problems again. The room was clean and neat. The view was amazing ( 60th floor). We ordered room service and it was timely and very good. I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. The location is great, we walked everywhere and it was very centrally located to visit the downtown sites. I highly recommend Teds Montana grill just a few blocks away, great food and milkshakes!

Stayed July 2014
Hello 'luckygirl8596',

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly value your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom view, In-Room Dining experience, and our convenient location during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

One of the most beautiful and unique properties I have ever set foot in.
The staff were attentive and friendly. Our room was on the 55th floor. Yes, you read that right. 55th.
There is an observation deck on the 72nd floor above the restaurant. It is free for hotel guests. ( note: if you pick your kids up from camp in TN and your kids are wearing their best neon playclothes, the staff may assume you are not actually staying on the property, and might want to charge you to see the observation deck). The view from our room was nothing short of spectacular. We only stayed one night, but I would have gladly stayed two or three just to hang out and immerse myself in the ATL scene. I would drive the 8 hours to stay here again. That says a lot!
The kids loved Hard Rock Cafe across the street.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Susan A
Greetings 'Susan A',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views, the Sun Dial Restaurant, and our convenient location during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.