“Great location for a meeting.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Ranked #46 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Dallas, Texas
“Great location for a meeting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is a bit confusing when you arrive by taxi you are in an underground garage and have to navigate escalators to the main lobby, wouldn't have been a big deal but I was travelling alone with way too much luggage as usual!

The front desk staff was amazing! They were extremely helpful, upbeat and fun. After my excellent service at check-in I would pop by and ask if I had any questions about anything else in the hotel or the area and they were great - definitely a 5 star experience there.

My room was on the 54th floor facing Peachtree - great view just by being up so far and it was nice to fling open the drapes and just have that open air feeling. There's a weird little quirk to the building that gave the illusion that my room was looking right into another but it was blacked out and private. Overall, the room was good. The bathroom was definitely smaller than what I normally see when I travel but I was prepared for it after reading others reviews.

The elevator situation was challenging and confusing, I could tell that people were getting irritated about it and it was inconvenient at times but I tried to just have fun with it. Each elevator has designated floors that it stops on and you have to insert your key to choose a floor. Some stop at just lower floors, some at just upper floors, some at meeting floors and some at all floors. Since I was attending a business meeting at the hotel I had to use them a lot so it got to be a bit of a pain to have to insert your room key every time but I found that if I just kept a sense of humor about it everybody else was having the same issues so it was good "elevator conversation".

The location for this hotel is perfect - well within walking distance to several choices for dinner, drinks and shopping. I love being able to walk off those long days in meetings and I found a lot of good choices and felt safe as long as I was back to the hotel before dark. It is a typical downtown atmosphere and I had been told by friends that I should be cautious about walking downtown very late but I never felt unsafe.

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank baleezmom
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hello 'baleezmom',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, great views, and our convenient location during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Korean first
caribbean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband recently had a reservation a this hotel and something came up and we had to cancel the reservation, we had chosen a flexible rate and I call the same day of arrival to cancel, after a talk with a very rude person that refused to accept my explanations and informed me there was going to be a charge at our credit card for one night, I even offered to send proof that we had to change his ticket to fly out to Miami the same day, she did not care , I told her she had been very rude and that hotels nowadays needed to be more flexible with business travelers because things like this happens all the time.I wrote to management and a very kind lady , named Casey from the Executive Office contacted me after reading my email complaining about the rude attitude and unprofessional behavior of this person, and Mrs Casey kindly apologize for the incident and informed me they were not going to charge my husband's credit card,people like that make the difference because at the end there are many five stars hotels to choose from but what makes a traveler choose one over another is precisely the way is treated by the staff, thanks to Casey for her response and attention to this matter, and I truly hope something is done with the person that took my original phone call, as she is not fitted to work with customers, we had stayed in the past in this hotel always having amazing experiences and is too bad a rude employee throws away the image and reputation of a hotel so prestigious like this one , regards

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank rosannar
Good Morning 'rosannar',

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. First, I'd like to apologize for the unacceptable encounter you had with the initial Reservations Agent, but I'm happy to hear that our attentive associate, Casey, was able to personally take care of your situation. Hopefully, you'll be able to come visit us soon and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed on a high floor at the Westin overlooking the west side, which had a nice view. The elevators, for staying on such a high floor, were very quick. I was very pleased with that. The rooms were fine, and the bed was pretty comfortable. Checking in and out is strange as you don't know exactly what line to stand in or which hotel employee you should be using to check in, but the employees are friendly enough.

However, parking was another story. We parked our car in the garage connected to the hotel. Upon checking out and getting ready to drive hundreds of miles home, we discovered that our back window was smashed in and a couple thousand dollars worth of clothes and other items, which were not at all in plain view, were stolen from the vehicle. It made for a nightmare ending to the vacation and a very long day.

We were unaware that the attached garage was not owned by the hotel. We were also unaware that break-ins are very common in this garage and that there are no security cameras in there. The hotel does not warn guests that it does not own the garage or that whoever owns the garage provides absolutely no security whatsoever. When told about our situation, several employees were clearly frustrated and questioned why they haven't yet fixed the security issue do to the many break-ins.

We were charged $22 to park each day in a garage with no security. To make matters worse, we paid for our parking before we got to the car, and were unable to drive it out in the allotted 15 minutes, meaning we then got hit with an additional $18 charge while attempting to leave the garage.

The employees were sympathetic to our situation, but only a couple really stepped up to help. They did manage to board up the back of the car with cardboard and it held really well for our whole trip home, as well as swept up and vacuumed out the broken glass. For that, we were grateful.

The garage is also weird because you cannot enter the hotel from any level of the garage and there is no elevator. If you park on the 6th floor, you have to walk with your luggage all the way down to the bottom floor and then go into the hotel. I suppose that makes sense now that we know the hotel does not own the garage. It would have been nice if that had been made clear at some point. It's just shocking that a quality hotel that boasts it is the largest in the Western Hemisphere has such a crappy parking situation. It's also absurd that the hotel charges guests $15 a day for wifi.

The sundial restaurant and bar are really cool, as is the elevator that gets you there, but the prices were a bit absurd and the variety of food wasn't great. The breakfast buffet was probably the best food the hotel had to offer for the value, but even that was $22 a person.

I was pretty impressed with the fitness center. Offering workout towels was great, and the variety of machines and the availability of free weights was pleasantly surprising.

In general, this hotel is centrally located to a few of the bigger attractions, but we were stunned at dead the area was. People were few and far between, and there weren't many cars either, even at rush hour. It's a pretty strange city from that standpoint. I expected a lot more given all the tall buildings.

Whatever you do, make sure you valet park. DO NOT PARK IN THE PARKING GARAGE.

Room Tip: The higher the better. If you like looking at Centennial Park, CNN, Aquarium, or Georgia Dome, west...
Green Features: I liked them, but didn't realize you could get a $5 Starbucks card for turning down maid service. We turned down our maid service and didn't receive anything.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank charmcity1231
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Good Afternoon 'charmcity1231',

I sincerely apologize for the parking situation you experienced during your last stay with us and any inconvenience it may have caused you. I understand that our parking facility management did assist you with this unfortunate situation but should you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at westinpeachgm@westin.com at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the westin Peachtree plaza June 3 memorial Day weekend and had issues with the sundial dinning room and the valet parking I would like to thank trip advisor for being here and thank the management of westin Peachtree for making it right

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello 'John V',

I'm happy to hear that we were able to turn any inconveniences you experienced into a positive experience during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed in room 6717 for 5 nights. The room was clean and comfortable. Our view was also amazing. Here are my thoughts. Room 5 Stars, Elevator wait time 5 stars. Room lighting, 4 stars. Bathroom was the standard bathroom, but the shower had a very nice hook up with 2 different shower heads. Bed, very comfortable. Check in was good, but they need a system to know which line to stand in. I did not use there internet as I have my own device. Bell service, very good. Overall would be 4.5 stars. Would definitely stay at the Westin Peachtree again.

Room Tip: High floor was an awesome view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Funonewi
Good Morning 'Funonewi',

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and your Heavenly Bed during your recent stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

While I am not a fan of Atlanta in general, it has one redeeming quality. The PeachTree Plaza is easily among the most beautiful hotels I've visited. The staff is courteous and professional. The view from each room and especially the Sun Dial lounge is stunning. I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor, 'Kate E'. We truly enjoy when our guests share their experience while staying with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates and great views. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Have been coming to the Apparel Market now for over 24 years. Stayed at the Westin for years when Macys Department store was connected. Although you can't find anything as close and convenient to the Market, we have typically we have stayed at neighboring hotels as this one seemed to be on the decline a few years back. We had heard there were improvements to the place, but never took the chance to change back. However while attending the recent Apparel Market, we were bumped from our other downtown hotel and landed at the Westin. Much to our pleasure, the hotel has done a 180° change and we were very pleased with the level of service and comfort. Rooms have been refurbished and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were a little smaller than our taste but not a deal breaker for future trips.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris J
Hello 'Downtown27577',

I'm so delighted to hear that you got an opportunity to experience our transformation and that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.