“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Wow, best beds I have ever had at a hotel. My wife and I had king pillow tops each in our suite and had the most amazing nights sleep, which was just what the doctor ordered after a long few days travel from Australia. The staff were very helpful and polite and the location is very central. The only thing stopping me giving this hotel a 5/5 was the quality of the meals in the hotel were not that great.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for posting a review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful night’s sleep. We receive great feedback from guests on our W Pillow Top Beds. They are available at our online store if you would like to experience the same comfort at home! Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I am currently staying at the hotel on a 3 night stay. I was reffered to the hotel by my sister-in-law. Upon arrival I was promptly greeted and tended to. After arriving I could not find my state issued identification. When walking in the lobby from, Carly D. at the front desk recognized me from my ID that she had found (I had appearantly lost in the hotel). Carly had already placed it under my room door in an envelope with a nice note. She even gave me a free drink to be used at the W bar to help my day. I was impressed by her assertiveness, recognition and willingness to go the extra details. The hotel is equally as nice. I love the workout facility. I box for conditioning and the W has a heavy bag and speed bag. It also has amazing views of the city. I will always stay here when traveling to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Corner room view is fantastic. Choose free breakfast as your gift if you are a platinum member.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown! I look forward to sharing your comments with Carly and the rest of our team. I appreciate your positive comments about SWEAT, our work-out facility on the 16th floor with amazing views. Even top athletes use it to stay in shape while on the road. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I've often stayed at the W Hotel in Downtown Atlanta and I must say this is my favorite hotel in the city of Atlanta. The service is 2nd to none and they staff members at this location do a great job in accommodating all needs of their guest. From the wonderful presentation of the rooms to the exquisite service provided by the staff, this is by far the best hotel money can buy in Atlanta.. Special thanks to Staff member's Carly and Michael, and also to Manager's Ada and Alejandro.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and especially our talent. I will be sure to share your comments with Carly, Michael, Ada, Alejandro and our entire team. I know they look forward to your next stay so we can arrange yet another amazing experience. Cheers!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night and the overall experience was phenomenal. From the check in staff, to Frank their hotel Acura SUV driver to Amy at the concierge desk, the experience was one of the best that I have had in a long time. The decor of the hotel was fresh and new-age, which is a change from your standard cookie-cutter hotel. Our room was on the 9th floor and had a nice view; it was very comfy from the bed to the shower. The hotel pool on the 16th floor offers great view and is a great place to relax.

Room Tip: High Floor room will give you the best view. The hotel only goes up to the 15th Floor with rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I will be sure to share your feedback with Amy, Frank and the rest of our team. They do a terrific job and consistently provide outstanding service to our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel and had an opportunity to use our 16th floor zero-edge pool. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Roaring Gap, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed two nights and enjoyed it immensely. The decor is modern and classy. The beds are very comfy. Our 10th floor room provided us with a peaceful night's sleep. Everyone working there is helpful, friendly, and energetic. The spa was heavily booked, as they accept non-guests, so plan ahead if you want a massage. The "heated" outdoor pool was cold, but beautiful, and on the 16th floor! The Fitness Center and hotel location are both great. The use of the Accura and driver were a big plus.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad to hear that you were impressed with the hotel’s design and our many features. We are extremely proud of our talent for the exceptional service they provide to our guests. Our bliss spa does book up quickly so I highly recommend pre-booking your spa services. Thank you for your comments on the pool. We have the heater set to 82 degrees which may feel cold for leisure swimming. We will be increasing the temperature as fall approaches. Thank you for choosing W and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had a Wonderful room that had a great view of downtown Atlanta. I loved the glass shower - I could still see the TV while showering. If someone could place a towel hook closer to the shower I'm sure guests would appreciate it. The room color and decor is dark but we were only there at night so it didn't detract from the experience. The staff we encountered were very friendly, especially Carley at check-in. We did not visit the bistro or restaurant but we took advantage of the coffee and pastries in the Living Room on our last morning. As a couple in our forties, we aren't into the "see and be seen" scene - the pool area was occupied by a much younger group on a Sunday late afternoon and I was glad I didn't have a child who wanted to use the pool - it wasn't kid friendly with the wet bar and loud music and extra-scantily clad young women. One caveat - this hotel had a lot of noise, inside and out. The hotel-provided earplugs were appreciated, but not very effective against the sirens, slamming room doors, music from the pool area, and guests on our floor (11th) who yelled to each other in the hall until 11pm. That said, the bed was comfortable, even for a difficult sleeper like me. If both of the hotel lifts are in working order, it doesn't take too long to get to and from your floor. Our stay was to attend a convention and this hotel is very walkable to the central downtown area. This is a very nice hotel, even though I felt too old to stay there (that's just me). Finally, the customer service was great - the general manager immediately took care of some erroneous charges on our bill. If you're looking for a hip, rocking place to stay while in downtown Atlanta, this is the place for you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad Carly and the rest of our team provided you with exceptional service. It’s also good to know you liked the shower - it’s a popular feature with many of our guests. Wet (our pool area) is definitely the place to have fun. We generally only have pool parties on the weekends and now that the weather is changing they are pretty much done. Visit our website for more details on future programming. The pool is heated and open all winter for anyone brave enough to take a dip. Hopefully on your next visit you will have an opportunity to experience BLT Steak. They offer an amazing dining experience. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Can't compliment the service enough. Food at BLT is very good, although above average price even for a hotel. Hotel decor is very contemporary and feels cold and artificial with lots of purples, grays, and chrome.

• Stayed August 2012
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for posting a review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We continue to receive wonderful comments regarding BLT Steak - recently recognized as one of the top five steak restaurants in Atlanta. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Cheers!