“Loved the stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Loved the stay!”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Quick check in, nice room, and very comfy beds! The hotel is right across the street from a great music venue and we were able to take a short walk there and back. My only complaint would be the mandatory valet parking ($20).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for your review! I’m glad to hear you found the hotel to be comfortable and convenient. On your next visit, be sure to check the Special Offers page on our website for packages that include complimentary valet parking. We look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Mississippi
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, I was greeted by Ada at the welcome desk. I assume I did not meet the hip standards of a W guest, even though I've stayed at many W's including this one twice before. When the credit card swipe would not read my card, she rudely told me I needed to use another card. I gave her another one, but the reader wouldn't read it either. She seemed very disgusted that my cards were worn. She told me that I must use them too often and asked me why my card providers had not given me new ones. I asked her why she couldn't key in my card numbers. She told me that wasn't a possibility. So I waited five more awkward minutes while she tried a couple more times to swipe my cards and stared at me like I was an alien bothering her. I was frustrated at this point bc I had two teenage boys with me who were anxious to get to the Miami Heat game we would soon be late for. Finally, she told me she would email me a card authorization form and I could go to the business center and fill it out. She admitted that she actually could key in my numbers but was not supposed to for security reasons. My time at the welcome desk took about 15 minutes. She did go ahead and provide me with room keys so the guys could go ahead and drop off their things and get ready for the game while I went back down to the business center to deal with the paperwork. When I checked into the St Regis the next day, they keyed in the numbers immediately after it wouldn't read them from the swipe. The teenage guys with me remarked about how everyone at the St Regis was over the top friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The Whatever/Whenever policy is true of the St Regis much more so than the W.

The savior of our W experience is Amy, the concierge with her AMAZING act of kindness in placing a sweet welcome note and incredible Lebron James poster (like a fat head) in our room celebrating our trip into town for the game. This made my student's night. She also extended to us an upgrade to a cool corner room, which was so very kind. Thanks Amy!

Overall, our room was great. We loved the pool. Room service was good and prompt. The location is wonderful for doing things downtown. Communication with the hotel prior to arrival was wonderful. Things were just soured by the whole check-in process.

• Stayed November 2012
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at W Atlanta Downtown. I was disappointed to hear about the challenges you experienced upon arrival but happy to hear that Amy was able to make your stay memorable for all the right reasons. I enjoyed the photos that you shared and will forward your kind words to Amy.
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Excellent staff well managed and very clean . skyline views that make for a romantic evening !!! The corner rooms will blow your lady away and its just a short walk to Morton's steakhouse or Ruth's Chris at centennial park

• Stayed November 2012
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I’m very glad you enjoyed your W experience and found our talent to be warm and helpful. You should definitely try our Studio Suite and BLT Steak on your next visit – amazing views plus. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If shiny and new turns you on, you would be all lit up here. Sleekly outfitted rooms, excellent and genuinely gracious customer service. Two minor annoyances marred an otherwise 5-star performance for me. There are only 2 elevators, and that made service very slow. Allow at least 5 minutes of waiting for every trip. And as luxurious as everything seemed, the towels were thin and not very comforting and certainly not plush. Maybe they were environmentally friendly, but that is how I usually measure luxury and these, surprisingly, fell far short. So, be prepared for that, and otherwise enjoy yourself.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for your review. I genuinely appreciate your feedback and your kind words about the hotel and our talent. I’m very sorry that you had a delay with the lift. Things generally flow pretty well but with a large group in the hotel it may have caused a delay. We will carefully inspect our linen inventory and remove any items that do not meet our standard of luxury. We are always working to improve service levels and I will share your comments with our management team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My time at the W was brief, but very welcoming and comfortable. I felt as if I had several questions I wanted answered and way too many requests. I, myself, felt like a pest. However at the front desk, a young many named Alejandro was very professional and answered every single question with a smile on his face. He addressed me by name and made strong eye contact when I spoke which let me know he was listening. Even when I callef down from my room I especially asked to speak with him. Great job Alejandro! Great job W!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed the service at the hotel and our talent made you feel welcome. I look forward to sharing your comments with Alejandro and the rest of our team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Cheers!
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I loved the modern look of the hotel. The pool was rooftop overlooking downtown Atlanta -awesome view! Staff was extremely friendly and took care of all our needs! The bar and lounge areas are very clean and a great place to socialize.

• Stayed November 2012
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for posting a review! I’m glad to hear that you were impressed by the hotel’s design and our attentive service. We want W Atlanta Downtown to feel like your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Cheers.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

I typically stay at W's when traveling and I must say, this is the "sexiest" one I've stayed at. The one Leary thing..if you get a king room..make sure you aren't staying with a relative or friend - the shower is pretty much in the center of the room and glass. Great for couples :)

1 Thank Claude R
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your kind words. The glass wall that separates the shower from the bedroom in our Wonderful and Fabulous rooms with king beds is definitely a unique feature. Our Fabulous rooms with 2 queen beds have an opaque glass wall and a shower/tub combo with a door that separates the bedroom from the WC for added privacy. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back!