“Jamekia D. Great Experience!”
Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #58 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Jamekia D. Great Experience!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Seon, Brian and Carolina were so awesome for my birthday celebration in November at the Drink Shop. The hospitality was over and above with planning and preparing for my special night. I commend them for excellent service and the professionalism from start to finish.
Once again thanks for all that you do!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and a great view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for this rave review! I look forward to sharing your comments with Seon, Brian, Carolina and the rest of our team. Happy belated Birthday and thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps to celebrate again next year. Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

First i would agree with otgers that the rooms are way too dark... the ambience is fun for about 5 minutes and then you try to get ready to go out and you run into trouble. We opened our blinds fully to get more light in the room but the outside of the windows were so grimy and dirty it ruined the view entirely.

We ordered room service on our last day and I have never had such terrible food served to me. My husband and I enjoyed fine dining all weekend in Atlanta but I would rather have eaten at an ihop. My husbands eggs were almost entirely raw, the whites were nowhere close to cooked and my waffle seems to have been precooked and was so stale and dry I couldnt eat it.

It was a very disappointing end to our stay. I will say the bartenders were exceptional... very friendly and professional. Tgey made wonderful recommendations and pairings. I would recommend the bar to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post such a detailed review about your experience and we look forward to exceeding your expectations next time! This is certainly not the norm for our room service. Our in room dining comes from the BLT Steak kitchen, which has been recognized as one of the top five steak restaurants in Atlanta. We hope that you’ll come again and give us a second chance. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently stayed at the W with a large group of friends for the Saints vs Falcons game. The hotel was perfectly located and offered easy access to bars, restaurants, and other attractions within walking distance. The hotel also offered a courtesy car service for things that were a little bit further out. To be honest the driver Travis was by far my favorite employee. He was very knowledgeable, personable, and possessed great customer service skills. The security guard Alonzo was great as well. He definitely contributed to making us feel welcome in the hotel. I assumed he was a guest service manager or maybe a lobby ambassador based upon the service he provided. I never would have guessed he worked in security. In the past, i've worked in the hospitality industry and have even trained the front office staff at the Waldorf-Astoria. I certainly have an eye for employees who offer great service. In my personal opinion, the front office staff could take a few pointers from these gentlemen on how to provide genuine, personalized guest service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your comments and I will be sure to share them with Travis and Alonzo. We couldn’t agree more with you about our central downtown location. We love it! It’s a nice perk to be so close to the Georgia Dome and many other attractions. I hope you enjoyed the game, it was a good one. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Pablo Lopez was the concierge that helped me with my stay there. He is SUPPPPEERRRRR friendly and awesome! I had plans to do propose to my girlfriend and had a couple options as far as hotel wise to do it. But, ultimately, I picked The W Atlanta Downtown because of Mr. Lopez. Keep up the great work ethic and personality man! Oh, and pretty good place to stay. The room is nice, but it wasn't too clean (but could be partly my fault ^_^). However, the view is to die for!

Room Tip: Can't beat the corner room! Great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Ken, It is a pleasure to read your review regarding your stay. Our staff strives to provide each guest with sweet memories and we are glad we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with Pablo. Please come back again soon. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
London, UK
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A very modern and stylish business hotel, but they've possibly tried too hard.

My room was quite small but with a good(ish) view through a nice big window - main issue was how dark it was in there - even with all of the lights on it was still very dark in there.

The gym was good but the pool was closed the whole time I was there, which was annoying.

Room Tip: They're all really dark, so take a torch.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We receive many great comments about the design of the room but I certainly understand that it is not for everyone. I appreciate your positive comments about FIT, our work-out facility on the 16th floor. Wet, our rooftop pool is usually open all year round for anyone wishing to take a dip. However, it was closed recently for 2 days for a routine maintenance check. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please come back and visit us again and get the whole W experience. Cheers!
McDonough, GA
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed their with my husband for his birthday weekend. I reserved one of their WOW suites and it did not disappoint. However the contemporary stylings actually made it hard to find the guest bathroom because it was behind a wall of glass mirrors. I know they make every attempt to have you purchase items from their mini bar fridge but when you pay the money for a WOW suite I think they've made enough money off you that it shouldn't matter and they should give you access to fridge. They have a nice lounge on the second floor that stayed open until 2 am - nice drinks and a nice variety of music. You could tell the DJ catered to the crowd. The valet was a little poorly organized but outside of this the I will definitely return.

Room Tip: The WOW suite is worth the money
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review! We think our rooms are amazing – especially the Wow Suite. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Interestingly, we usually receive positive feedback regarding the hotels contemporary design. I’m glad to hear that you were impressed with Drinkshop, our craft cocktail bar which has a great selection of specialty drinks. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Cheers!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My company came to Atlanta for a Board meeting and we were "wowed" from the moment we arrived. From the valet...truly excellent men with great sense of humor, customer service at the reception (Maddy is fabulous...she came through with getting my dry cleaning done PAST the deadline for same day...and has a magnificent personality perfect for the W).

Vicki Taylor, Director of Venues, Cathy (Kathy?) in Food & Beverages...both are truly AMAZING...embodying the Whatever, Whenever mantra of W. Khoa made sure everything was perfectly prepared and organized to our specifications and beyond. Thanks ladies.

There is a young man in banquets named David who made a huge impression with his attentiveness and professionalism. It was a relief knowing that he and the other members of the banquet team that were always present for all of our meal functions. David...THANKS MAN! GREAT JOB!!!!!

The members enjoyed thmselves immensely...so did I!

Thank you! We'll be back!

Green Features: Very much in keeping with my company's own philosophy on green practices.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Mark, Thank you for this wonderful review. I’m glad you were able to get your dry cleaning back the same day. We really try to adhere by our Whatever/Whenever mantra. On behalf of the entire staff, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to recognize the service received. I am delighted that you enjoyed your interaction with the staff because they truly are one-of-a-kind. I will be sure to share your kind words with Maddy, Vicki, Cathy, Khoa, David and the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back.