“Genuinely friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Genuinely friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was greeted by all the staff from the front desk to the staff walking a guest's dog during the polar vortex, and immediately felt welcomed. More importantly, it didn't feel like the staff were welcoming as a part of their job, but rather, it was a very pleasant greeting and the few conversations I did have felt genuine and heartfelt as they asked how my trip was going. As an introvert, this was a task well done by the staff on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Ernst and Young building. It'll give you a better view of the Atl...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you Jeffrey for taking the time to highlight the service you received. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team. Our talent make the hotel great and help create wonderful memories for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Let me start off saying that if I were on a girls weekend or a romantic getaway, it wouldn't have been that bad. However, I was staying to attend Market and had my 4 month old baby and mother with me. Our first room was clean, but appeared that the bed had been "used" so we had to switch rooms, our keys never worked so we were constantly having to go downstairs and get them to fix them, our room had no microwave, so midnight feedings would have been a nightmare, no coffee pot in the room, I mean, I know less is more, but come on, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face it was so dark in the room, and the silhouette wall between the bathroom and the actual room was a bit much with my mom and friend in the next room. Once I called Tasha with all of my concerns she immediately made everything better. She went out of her way to make my stay better. She even offered to use her lunch break to run get me supper so i didn't have to get the baby out in the cold weather. She is the only reason I would consider going back. Thank you Tasha!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed the service at W Atlanta Downtown and it’s good to know Tasha was there for you when you needed her. I look forward to sharing your kind words with Tasha and the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

As Atlanta ground to a complete standstill with the much publicized winter event! the staff at the W Atlanta Downtown went into overdrive.
We booked this Hotel to exhibit at the IPPE show at the GWCC and would highly recommend it again. During what was a very difficult couple of days the entire staff went about there business to delight customers like it was just another day. It certainly was not as they could not get home after their shift and stayed themselves in the hotel. Working the bar at night and greeting us once again next morning serving breakfast. Not once did I see any member of staff show signs of frustration or exhaustion, from event staff, to bar, valet, desk, concierge, restaurant and management. All went out of their way to ensure our stay was nothing but perfect with the General Manager putting bags in cars for the valets on our departure, very classy! Thank you and keep up the great work, it clearly shows.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you Michael for posting a review. In these difficult times, we are happy that W was your home away from home. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and look forward to seeing you again. Perhaps in the summer when there will be no snow. Cheers!
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our last stay in September was fantastic! So much fun.... Pablo (as always) showed us a great time! He is so busy, yet he makes us feel like we're his only clients. Frank, one of the W drivers is such a delight too! Every time we go back to Atlanta, it's like seeing old friends. We're leaving this week for another trip to ATL, and of course another stay at the W downtown. So, I'll let you know how it goes. They set the bar pretty high each time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Angela for your feedback. I’m so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that Pablo-Andres and Frank were able to help make your stay extra special. We look forward to having you back at W Atlanta Downtown!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Impressed by the staff - prepared with beverages, smiling and helpful service, extended checkouts and extra toiletries when weather delays stranded me and colleagues. Went the extra mile on service and helping us get back to the airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations during a challenging time for everybody, I am even happier to hear that you returned safely. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta-Downtown, we hope to see you again soon with improved weather.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed a few nights as my daughters attended the Passion conference. The hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. I appreciated the water refreshment at the front desk. I always picked up a cup before heading to our room. The room was spacious and the complimentary toiletries are of my fav brand (Bliss). We met Travis, who works at W, and we mentioned that we are here for the conference at Philips Arena and asked for directions and he informed us that the W had transport service! That was much appreciated as we were strangers to the Atlanta area. He was very gracious and helpful :) We had breakfast at BLT. It was delicious! The reason for not giving a five star rating is that our room was directly above the night club. The music was LOUD that Friday and Saturday night stay. I would ask for a higher floor the next time we travel to Atlanta. I also showered one day mid afternoon and there was no hot water, just lukewarm.. not sure why this was so.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room. Our room faced the driveway and front entrance, not sure if there is a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you Anna for sharing your recent experience at W Atlanta Downtown. I’m glad you enjoyed the variety of features and the amazing bliss amenities in our guestrooms. I’m pleased you were able to experience BLT Steak – it’s a phenomenal restaurant and we are so lucky to have it on-site. It’s a nice perk to be so close to the Phillips Arena and many other attractions, I hope you enjoyed the conference. I will be sure to share your comments to Travis. I apologize for any disruption that may have come from Drinkshop, our 2nd floor craft cocktail bar. I can assure you that this is an uncommon occurrence. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My first but def not last stay at the W downtown ATL ...first off its valet parking only but they are polite and fast which is key. Second the room is cozy in size but def is cool and sexy...the bathroom shower is awesome can you say rain showerhead with perfect water pressure... also has sep water closet in bathroom...the bed is very soft and housekeeping and in room dining are responsive, courteous and get it right the first time. Third, The lounge area in the lobby has nice ambiance its called the living room I went on thursdsay night and also popped my head on friday night and the served mixed drinks were nice and strong like they are supposed to be ...but the STAR of this hotel hands down is Lindy. Best customer service ever! Smart, warm, engaging, and extremely professional and takes care of business! I had many needs ...starting with boxes to be shipped from another W hotel, a presumed lost blackberry which they searched for without a second thought, a fedex label to be printed, etc. Need I say more? This was all handled with an efficiency I rarely experience. I was at the W for business but I was so impressed with Lindy that I will now stay there for personal trips going forward. Management take note Lindy is a great asset! Thank you W ...the W should be for Workin it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you Tamara for sharing your recent experience at W Atlanta Downtown. I’m glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel and found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable. Our staff truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. We are pleased you were able to experience this during your stay with us. Loandi is wonderful and I look forward to sharing your comments with her and the rest of our team. I hope we can continue to welcome you when your travels bring you to Atlanta. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.