W Atlanta Downtown
Twelve Centennial Park(Atlanta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,127 results
All reviewsbltbliss spacool corner roomw insiderliving room barwow suiterooftop poolbliss productscar servicevalet parkinghigher floorworld of coca colacentennial parkgeorgia aquariumconvention centerdowntownalonzo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here during a weekend that had several things going on-a cheerleading competition and the Honda Battle of the Bands marching band competition. You know this spells a traffic nightmare in Atlanta.It took us 15 minutes to get into the roundabout to valet park the car. I actually had no intentions of valet parking but the traffic sucked so bad I couldn't even get to the parking lot across the street. So that was $30 I didn't really want to spend but oh well.

As I entered the hotel, I felt like I walked into a cool secret club that I did not belong in. This location has a great aesthetic appeal to it. To your right is the bar, I think at this location it is called Drinkshop. They also have another area that is part of the bar called Living Room. We did not partake of these things while we were there.

Check-in was efficient and easy. I booked a cool corner suite to have enough room to entertain a few friends when we came back from dinner. Boo liked the room but wanted to know if we could get a room on a higher floor. When we asked, they sincerely apologized for not having the room available on a higher floor and as compensation gave us two free drinks. Very nice.

When we came back to the room, we brought friends and libations. Now, I will preface this by saying that I always kind of though that the W was a "social" hotel. Meaning, your neighbors wouldn't mind if you got kind of loud. Well, one of our friends was a little too loud and not even after being in the room 20 minutes we had security knocking on the door for a noise complaint and something I had to sign acknowledging that and if they came back everyone would have to leave. I'm not cool with that. Now the upside to this situation is that the same security members suggested another place for us to go in the hotel without disturbing others. That worked out so well.

Side note-the lighting is super super dim. I understand the energy rating they tout but I mean it is really too dark. Also, the tv remote sucked for some random reason. This has also happened at another W location so this isn't just at this hotel.

Overall our stay was pleasant...I just know for the future you can't have friends over at any of the W's if you don't want security at your door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you Tunicia for your review and Happy Belated Birthday. I’m glad you enjoyed your Cool Corner room and I certainly appreciate your feedback. I’m glad to hear you loved the hotel and I’m sorry that your stay was disrupted by security. We do have a very strict noise policy and have to be proactive in resolving situations when they are brought to our attention. For social gatherings, we offer Drinkshop, our craft cocktail bar and the Living Room, our intimate lounge where you can enjoy some music and a sip on a cocktail. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

W Atlanta Downtown is great! I got a verrry late checkout, which was helpful as my workday went much longer than anticipated. Then after that long day, I extended my stay for one night and was able to stay in the same room, which was super-convenient. Finally, I forgot an item in my room (oops!) but was able to retrieve it easily from the front desk the next day, which I really appreciated. Thanks to the very accommodating and pleasant staff!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give every guest a welcoming experience that exceeds their expectations. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was greeted by all the staff from the front desk to the staff walking a guest's dog during the polar vortex, and immediately felt welcomed. More importantly, it didn't feel like the staff were welcoming as a part of their job, but rather, it was a very pleasant greeting and the few conversations I did have felt genuine and heartfelt as they asked how my trip was going. As an introvert, this was a task well done by the staff on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Ernst and Young building. It'll give you a better view of the Atlanta skyline.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you Jeffrey for taking the time to highlight the service you received. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team. Our talent make the hotel great and help create wonderful memories for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Let me start off saying that if I were on a girls weekend or a romantic getaway, it wouldn't have been that bad. However, I was staying to attend Market and had my 4 month old baby and mother with me. Our first room was clean, but appeared that the bed had been "used" so we had to switch rooms, our keys never worked so we were constantly having to go downstairs and get them to fix them, our room had no microwave, so midnight feedings would have been a nightmare, no coffee pot in the room, I mean, I know less is more, but come on, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face it was so dark in the room, and the silhouette wall between the bathroom and the actual room was a bit much with my mom and friend in the next room. Once I called Tasha with all of my concerns she immediately made everything better. She went out of her way to make my stay better. She even offered to use her lunch break to run get me supper so i didn't have to get the baby out in the cold weather. She is the only reason I would consider going back. Thank you Tasha!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed the service at W Atlanta Downtown and it’s good to know Tasha was there for you when you needed her. I look forward to sharing your kind words with Tasha and the rest of the team. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

As Atlanta ground to a complete standstill with the much publicized winter event! the staff at the W Atlanta Downtown went into overdrive.
We booked this Hotel to exhibit at the IPPE show at the GWCC and would highly recommend it again. During what was a very difficult couple of days the entire staff went about there business to delight customers like it was just another day. It certainly was not as they could not get home after their shift and stayed themselves in the hotel. Working the bar at night and greeting us once again next morning serving breakfast. Not once did I see any member of staff show signs of frustration or exhaustion, from event staff, to bar, valet, desk, concierge, restaurant and management. All went out of their way to ensure our stay was nothing but perfect with the General Manager putting bags in cars for the valets on our departure, very classy! Thank you and keep up the great work, it clearly shows.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Michael for posting a review. In these difficult times, we are happy that W was your home away from home. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and look forward to seeing you again. Perhaps in the summer when there will be no snow. Cheers!