“Young & Modern”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Young & Modern”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The downtown Atlanta W has definitely become our guilty pleasure in Atlanta. Ultra modern & Ultra chic it is easily understandable why its a favorite amongst young business professionals and partygoers. Here is the play by play.

Location & Scene: The W downtown, was extremely easy to find. You can see it from the interstate before arrival. Once arrived you are then greeted by the valet guys. There is a fee for valet parking although I cannot remember how much. On entry to your right there is the W bar and lounge. The entire first floor is dimly lit. The lighting adds ambience and is the same throughout. The bar area itself offers small tastings and an extensive drink selection. We enjoyed the bar area for about an hour or so and met quite a few travelers who were all very nice. What I will add to the location and scene is that this particular W has a certain type of crowd. Mostly young, hip and successful. Loved it.

Room: The room was up to the W standard. As always very sexy and modern. We were in the Wonderful room with shower only. We had a direct view of Atlanta via the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom itself is small but open. The shower is see through so definitely not kid appropriate. No real complaints about the room, just wished the bathroom was its own closed off space.

Overall, the W is great. We have stayed at this location about 4 or 5 times. Usually we travel to Atlanta during the Fall/Winter months, so we have never indulged in the pool area. We will be taking an ATL summer trip this year where I will review the pool area seperately. Overall A++!

Room Tip: Leave the kids at home.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BRITTGOESFAR
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review. We strive for a superior customer service experience across all facets of the hotel. I am so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and that my team has made it more memorable each time. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
San Francisco
Reviewed 3 June 2014

hotel is new, very chic, and modern. this is just a personal preference, but the decor may be a bit too modern and shades-of-brown for me. didn't ruin my stay, just not my decorating preference. staff really helpful and courteous across the board. the main restaurant is their own brand, but sort of like a high-end steak house (think Ruth's Chris) -- be prepared to get big steaks at big prices. a second restaurant with a scaled down menu, and scaled down pricing, would be helpful, if they can find a way to do that. breakfast in what they call the Living Room was nicely done with good variety of food, and very helpful staff

Room Tip: if you're prone to being disturbed by noise, get a high floor ....it's right in downtown Atl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that we impressed you with our southern hospitality. On your next stay you might enjoy our new Living Room menu. We have a great selection of light bites available every day from 11 am to close. Drinkshop, our craft cocktail bar is also open Thursday through Saturday from 8 pm to close and serves small bites as well. We look forward to having you as our guest again. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was thinking of so many ideas for how to plan the most memorable and awesome proposal to my amazing girlfriend and I decided to go with the helipad at the W hotel downtown. I called to inquire about how I can pull off the proposal and I was referred to Pablo-Andres Lopez. Pablo is the Facilities Manager and Events Coordinator and he is the man! Weeks leading up to the proposal, Pablo was very accessible and returned all calls and responded to all emails promptly. Days leading up to the proposal I called to confirm all plans were a go for the big day since the forecast showed rain; Pablo assured me that he will have a back-up plan in place just in case. The day of he was very attentive and I was confident he would be able to help me pull this off when my girlfriend arrived. As she arrived blindfolded, Pablo went to assist her; he brought her up the elevator to the top floor and outside to climb 3 or 4 sets of stairs in a long dress and did I mention she is afraid of heights. Pablo guided her safely up to the helipad platform where I met her to propose. Undoubtedly, she said yes! But the night was not over. We went down to the lobby for dinner and then to our hotel room for a surprise engagement party for her with a few friends and family. Pablo helped us out by bringing a bottle of refrigerated champagne for us to toast. Afterward, he took care of all our guests' valet and parking including my own. After this awesome experience, I would recommend to anyone to check out the W Hotel downtown and should you need to plan an event, Pablo is your guy! I will definitely be back soon! Thanks again Pablo for an awesome experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StanUz
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown for your special occasion and congratulations on your engagement! It sounds like your girlfriend had the perfect proposal! We love helping to make sweet memories for our guests. We could not do this without the professionalism and dedication of our team. I will be sure to share your kind words with Pablo-Andres. We hope to see you many more times in the future. Cheers!
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a great hotel! Very nice overall. Had an issue upon check-in when we found cigarette ash on the counter but we got moved to a better room and all was good. The rooftop pool was really cool!! The bar downstairs was easy to access and the location is walking distance to the nicer part of downtown Atlanta. Overall very nice hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you Mike for your review. I’m sorry that your room was not styled properly but I’m glad we were able to solve the problem quickly. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful WETDECK, rooftop pool and bar on property. I’m glad you found some time to take advantage. Please come again and experience even more of what we have to offer. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff and very close to the Aquarium and Coke Museum. Only downside is parking is a bit pricey, which isn't a big deal. The room was gorgeous and very clean. Definitely will come back :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. It’s a nice perk for W Atlanta Downtown to be so close to so many different downtown attractions, either by foot or by taking advantage of our complimentary car service. We continue to receive wonderful comments about our guest rooms and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us anytime. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown!
Kansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a trade show in Atlanta. Glad the company was picking up the bill. Very pricey for a hotel 2 miles from the convention center. Rooms were nice but very dark. You could turn every light on in the room and it still felt like the middle of the night. Hope to stay elsewhere next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank boodognate
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding the design of the guestrooms. It is somewhat intentional and creates a soothing atmosphere, but we are planning some lighting adjustments because we have received this same feedback from other guests. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff at the W Downtown Atlanta was great. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. They always greeted us by name and answered all our questions. Valet service was great.
Especially Travis--great guy.
Maureen C.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you Maureen for the wonderful review. We strive to give every guest a welcoming experience that exceeds their expectations. I look forward to sharing your kind words with Travis. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown!