“Never Write Reviews, Except....”
Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #56 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Never Write Reviews, Except....”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I need to thank Tasha Self at the front desk for making my stay, so enjoyable. Typically, I stay at Hilton properties (Waldorf) when traveling for business or pleasure, but choose the W because of location. I've stayed at other Ws (NYC and DC) and found "whatever whenever" more a marketing gimmick than practice - not at this W. My first room was too perfumey, so I asked to move. Tasha not only moved me, but put an ozone machine in the new room to pull any perfume /spa smell out, as I'm very scent allergic. If that wasn't nice enough, without asking, she updated my global profile to reflect that no scents are to be added to my room. As I waited for my new room to get ready she asked, if there was anything else. I needed to print something out for work and she offered to do it while I sat in the bar area. Tasha lives the W brand, and might recommend you have her train other locations. She has turned around my view of the W, and would definetly stay here again.

The hotel is very nice (quiet) and the staff is friendly and accommodating. They have a car that will drop you off anywhere (free) within 2 miles which is helpful - most things are within that radius. The bar and pool are a nice change of pace for a hotel. Like I said, in the previous paragraph, would stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our Whatever/Whenever service at W Atlanta Downtown. It is our staff such as Tasha that create memorable experiences for guests just like you and truly make our hotel a great place. We look forward to your return. Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
atlanta
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The room was nice and spacious. The services was excellent! The bar downstairs was really nice. The pool was small and a little bit crowded, but it was ok. The gym was very nice! We were on the 8th floor.

It was pretty close to everything we wanted to do. Everything was in walking distance. Very close to Centennial Park, The World of Coca-Cola, and the Aquarium.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with floor to ceiling view of the city on 2 walls. It was a very large room. We...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
erie, PA
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the W while visiting Atlanta. Tameaka at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Everything at the hotel felt very glamorous I would've loved to stay longer! We we're even able to get late night room service after an extra log Braves game.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your boyfriend were able to enjoy your stay with us. We are happy that you guys were able to take advantage of our In-Room Dining service being offer late night after the Braves game. Tameaka is committed to providing exceptional guest experiences. We look forward to recognizing her personally and sharing your comments with the rest of our team. We hope to see you again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First and foremost i must thank Pablo-Andres & Nicole

We could not have been happier with the room we chose (Cool Corner Room) and the excellent service of the staff. I don't feel this is a hotel for children and if you cannot handle mixing in the the younger professional crowd it might not be for you. The room was very modern and the theme of the hotel was carried throughout. The only fault i had with my experience was the valet. It's as if you don't exist when you arrive but after getting over that nothing could have ruined my stay. The pool party was a great experience. All requests and issues were handled with great urgency. Again Pablo & Nicole made this the best and most memorable hotel experience for my wife. This was all for her and one big surprise and without their help none of it would have been possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you Garey for the wonderful review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our Whatever/Whenever service at W Atlanta Downtown. It is our staff such as Pablo-Andres and Nicole that create memorable experiences for guests just like you and truly make our hotel a great place. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2014

by far the nicest hotel experience i've ever had. The room feels so private and secluded. Me and my spouse had such a romantic trip thanks to the w. only complaint is I recieved no points for staying here for two nights last month on my starwood preferred guest account.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lyndsie for this wonderful review. I’m happy you enjoyed the room and were able to celebrate a romantic weekend at W Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest. I apologize that your points weren’t added to your account but please contact me directly and I can ensure this happens. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We drove 5 hours to this hotel based on reviews we read. Once we arrived and checked in we were severely disappointed. The valet was too busy talking to other people to tell us where to go so we could check in and get our luggage out of our car. After we navigated through the large group of drunk people hanging out in front of the door we went to check in at the front desk. It was so loud I thought I was in a night club not a hotel. Once we got to our room we were greeted with dust and chipped paint on the furniture. The room was very small for the amount we paid. The beds were very soft though. It took 15 minutes to get our luggage to the room which was not a fun experience since we had just drove 5 hours and had a baby with a wet diaper. The valet would not let us take our bags with us when we got out of the car. My husband went to walk around the hotel to check out the pool and other amenities that were offered and within 10 minutes he quickly returned to the room due to all the people smoking pot and the fear of the affects second hand smoke would have on our 8 month old. We had intended on staying two days but we checked out less than 12 hours after we checked in. No one even bothered to ask us why we were checking out early. Also no one even bothered to ask us about our stay until the valet gave us our keys to leave. Definitely not a family environment. If you want an over priced night club environment this is for you. We went with high hopes and intentions of spending a lot of money on a nice room when we probably would have been better off at a days inn with a nice bed.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank jrcasper
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apology for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. You should expect, and we should deliver, an exceptional guest experience. I was, however, disappointed that your room was not styled properly prior to your arrival. This is clearly not consistent with W standards. I genuinely appreciate your feedback and you can be assured that we will use your comments to make changes that will improve the operation of the hotel. We do have a 100% no smoking policy and a strict noise policy and are proactive in resolving situations when they are brought to our attention. However, I can understand your disappointment and frustration when trying to relax during your stay. I am working with our valet parking company to determine why it took so long to retrieve your luggage. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and I hope you can give us another opportunity. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The downtown Atlanta W has definitely become our guilty pleasure in Atlanta. Ultra modern & Ultra chic it is easily understandable why its a favorite amongst young business professionals and partygoers. Here is the play by play.

Location & Scene: The W downtown, was extremely easy to find. You can see it from the interstate before arrival. Once arrived you are then greeted by the valet guys. There is a fee for valet parking although I cannot remember how much. On entry to your right there is the W bar and lounge. The entire first floor is dimly lit. The lighting adds ambience and is the same throughout. The bar area itself offers small tastings and an extensive drink selection. We enjoyed the bar area for about an hour or so and met quite a few travelers who were all very nice. What I will add to the location and scene is that this particular W has a certain type of crowd. Mostly young, hip and successful. Loved it.

Room: The room was up to the W standard. As always very sexy and modern. We were in the Wonderful room with shower only. We had a direct view of Atlanta via the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom itself is small but open. The shower is see through so definitely not kid appropriate. No real complaints about the room, just wished the bathroom was its own closed off space.

Overall, the W is great. We have stayed at this location about 4 or 5 times. Usually we travel to Atlanta during the Fall/Winter months, so we have never indulged in the pool area. We will be taking an ATL summer trip this year where I will review the pool area seperately. Overall A++!

Room Tip: Leave the kids at home.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BRITTGOESFAR
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review. We strive for a superior customer service experience across all facets of the hotel. I am so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and that my team has made it more memorable each time. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!