“Enjoyed our one night here”
Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #56 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Enjoyed our one night here”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

In Atlanta one night for a Braves game, and got the hotel on Hotwire so we didn't know what we were getting. The W is very modern/trendy with almost a club-like atmosphere going on at all times. Probably not a family spot, but nice for us. The staff was extremely friendly. There are some good bars and shopping in walking distance. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you Pete for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The W in downtown Atlanta is a very hip and sheik atmosphered hotel with modernized rooms. The bar is kind of retro with outdoor seating at service. Very nice staff and the night club that is open late is well worth the visit. I would stay here again if was traveling in the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Try and get a room high up with a view of the city. 25th floor or higher, suites recommended.
Green Features: Temperature set to save energy Efficient ventilation system Recycles ENERGY STAR laundry machines Water-efficient bathroom fixtures Tracks energy use
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NRJSPICE
Thank you for your recent review. I am so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us, and that my team has made it more memorable each time. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I need to thank Tasha Self at the front desk for making my stay, so enjoyable. Typically, I stay at Hilton properties (Waldorf) when traveling for business or pleasure, but choose the W because of location. I've stayed at other Ws (NYC and DC) and found "whatever whenever" more a marketing gimmick than practice - not at this W. My first room was too perfumey, so I asked to move. Tasha not only moved me, but put an ozone machine in the new room to pull any perfume /spa smell out, as I'm very scent allergic. If that wasn't nice enough, without asking, she updated my global profile to reflect that no scents are to be added to my room. As I waited for my new room to get ready she asked, if there was anything else. I needed to print something out for work and she offered to do it while I sat in the bar area. Tasha lives the W brand, and might recommend you have her train other locations. She has turned around my view of the W, and would definetly stay here again.

The hotel is very nice (quiet) and the staff is friendly and accommodating. They have a car that will drop you off anywhere (free) within 2 miles which is helpful - most things are within that radius. The bar and pool are a nice change of pace for a hotel. Like I said, in the previous paragraph, would stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our Whatever/Whenever service at W Atlanta Downtown. It is our staff such as Tasha that create memorable experiences for guests just like you and truly make our hotel a great place. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
atlanta
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The room was nice and spacious. The services was excellent! The bar downstairs was really nice. The pool was small and a little bit crowded, but it was ok. The gym was very nice! We were on the 8th floor.

It was pretty close to everything we wanted to do. Everything was in walking distance. Very close to Centennial Park, The World of Coca-Cola, and the Aquarium.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with floor to ceiling view of the city on 2 walls. It was a very large room. We...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
erie, PA
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the W while visiting Atlanta. Tameaka at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Everything at the hotel felt very glamorous I would've loved to stay longer! We we're even able to get late night room service after an extra log Braves game.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your boyfriend were able to enjoy your stay with us. We are happy that you guys were able to take advantage of our In-Room Dining service being offer late night after the Braves game. Tameaka is committed to providing exceptional guest experiences. We look forward to recognizing her personally and sharing your comments with the rest of our team. We hope to see you again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First and foremost i must thank Pablo-Andres & Nicole

We could not have been happier with the room we chose (Cool Corner Room) and the excellent service of the staff. I don't feel this is a hotel for children and if you cannot handle mixing in the the younger professional crowd it might not be for you. The room was very modern and the theme of the hotel was carried throughout. The only fault i had with my experience was the valet. It's as if you don't exist when you arrive but after getting over that nothing could have ruined my stay. The pool party was a great experience. All requests and issues were handled with great urgency. Again Pablo & Nicole made this the best and most memorable hotel experience for my wife. This was all for her and one big surprise and without their help none of it would have been possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you Garey for the wonderful review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our Whatever/Whenever service at W Atlanta Downtown. It is our staff such as Pablo-Andres and Nicole that create memorable experiences for guests just like you and truly make our hotel a great place. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2014

by far the nicest hotel experience i've ever had. The room feels so private and secluded. Me and my spouse had such a romantic trip thanks to the w. only complaint is I recieved no points for staying here for two nights last month on my starwood preferred guest account.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lyndsie for this wonderful review. I’m happy you enjoyed the room and were able to celebrate a romantic weekend at W Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest. I apologize that your points weren’t added to your account but please contact me directly and I can ensure this happens. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back!