“A True Room With A View”
Review of W Atlanta Downtown

W Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #56 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, FL
“A True Room With A View”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Upon checking in I was thanked for being a Gold Member and given a Fabulous room that had floor to ceiling windows with a view of the buildings of Midtown. The room was spacious and I loved the layout with a living area facing the windows. The bathroom was one of the most spacious I have been in for a hotel. The only negative I have is that I wish this property was in Midtown where there are more restaurants. Other than that I lived the view, the room, and the staff.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Robert H
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as a Gold Starwood Preferred Guest. We want W Atlanta Downtown to feel like your home away from home and we strive to offer that same experience to all of our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team. Our complimentary car service will transport you to many of the amazing restaurants and shops within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. We have also partnered with many of the surrounding restaurants to offer W free Wi-Fi connectivity. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First, let me start by saying that I stayed at this hotel due to a business trip. However, my children 14 and 13 was along for the trip.

When we arrived, I felt like our only option for parking was valet. Later I found out that there was an additional parking lot but that it was not security monitored. Also, we asked the price of valet and if there was a charge for each time we got our car out. We were told it was a $30.00 charge each time. We actually found out later it was $30.00 each day.

When I checked in, there were a couple of issues as well. Since the hotel was going on the company card, we had to fill out a credit card authorization form ahead of time, which we did. However, when checking in I encountered problems due to the hotel misplacing the form. Thankfully I had a copy on my phone.

The room was nice and modern which the kids thought was cool. I did find alot of dust on the lamps but other than that the room was very clean. Couple of issues: the fridge would not open. I had to call down to the front desk who told me I had to unlock it with the key....the problem was there was NO key. Maintanence had to come to the room and unlock it for us. The second issue was the toliet ran non stop.

The pool was very nice and was where my children spent most of their time. It overlooks the city. The location is great as well. Within walking location to Coca-Cola World, City View, parks, and resturants. The concierge service was awesome! They suggested many great places to eat and places to see. Frank the driver was great too!

One comment that my children said was that they felt out of place. They didn't see any other children only business professionals.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there was some miscommunication about the valet charges. I apologize but I’m glad it was cleared up. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s energetic atmosphere and the design of your guestroom. I was however very disappointed that your room was not styled properly prior to your arrival. This is clearly not consistent with our standards. We couldn’t agree more with you about our central downtown location. We love it! Additionally, our complimentary car service will transport you to many of the amazing restaurants and shops within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. We have also partnered with many of the surrounding restaurants to offer W free Wi-Fi connectivity. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown.
Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I wanted to share that the staff at the hotel was amazing! From the front desk personnel (sorry I didn't get your name) to Janelle the superhero working with our team reservations to Abraham and Travis tag teaming my luggage/boxes and transportation! The only thing that I would recommend is speeding up the elevator - they seem to be slower than normal.
The attached restaurant was equally as amazing! The manager was so helpful & courteous!
Overall customer service makes/or breaks my business travel & this was perfect!

Green Features: I love that this was an option - I am hardly in the room when I travel for business & knowing that I can help our environment is a GOOD thing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Lynn for this wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate the positive comments about the hotel and our talent. We couldn’t agree more with you; Janelle, Abraham and Travis are wonderful and we are lucky to have them. We look forward to seeing you again! Cheers
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Came for a business trip and enjoyed the location. Hotel has a beautiful lobby bar area, pool deck overlooking downtown area, and pleasant but robotic staff. The check in staff seemed rehearsed and a bit cold. When I travel, i tend to wish welcomed and taken care of. Traveling often makes you WANT a second home away from home. Anyway, the hotel has nice, dark, swanky, rocker rooms. My only complaint was that they gave me a room with no view. The view was a rooftop. Not very classy. Rooms have swanky decor but a bit dark. You have to turn on all the lights and open up the window to see better (and I sure don't have eye sight issues). Bar drinks are possibly pricey but they are good (monitor champagne anyone?). My biggest complaint was the air conditioning temperature. Upon arrival at hotel lobby, the elevators, and my floor ---- all of which had high temperatures and we are in the summer months already. They need to fix this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review. We want W Atlanta Downtown to feel like your home away from home. Traveling for work can be exhausting so we like to ensure that even business trips feel like a get-a-way. We appreciate that you chose W Atlanta Downtown and please come back to visit us anytime – business or pleasure! We hope to see you again. Safe travels!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A home away from home! Excellent service and accommodations. BLT restaurant was delicious! Love the Popovers! Everyone really bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and special. It is clean and has a great gym. Love the pool bar for an evening drink!

Green Features: Krutika Patel at the front desk was more than accommodating. Every one in the hotel was warm and really made you feel at home from the valet to the waiters at BLT and the guest services staff. I always try to stay at the W downtown when I'm in town. I highly recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Mechelle for your review. I'm so happy to hear that W Atlanta Downtown was your home away from home. We strive to offer a warm feeling to all our guests and I'm glad we met your expectations. When your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!
Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

stayed here for a weekend trip in atlanta. got it on expedia for $330 for 2 nights. we were checked in promptly and got a 1 king bed room. the room was nice, modern, and very comtemporary! the hotel reminded alot of the newest nightclub in town. everything was decorated dark and contemporary. one thing i would have liked was better lighting in the room, otherwise, the room was very nice.

we got a nice view of downtown atlanta. we visited the hotel pool on the 16th floor in between residences and the hotel rooms. it was pretty nice and had a nice view of the skyline, especially at night. they also have free tea and coffee in the morning.

the room had a flatscreen TV and the bathroom was very nice. the shower is open and has a window. bathroom privacy might be an issue for friends and family members (it is open without any closed off doors).

id recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel in atlanta. it is located 2 blocks from the MARTA civic center stop. also close to peachtree street if you're looking for nightlife activities.

Room Tip: choose room facing the skyline
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you Carmen for taking the time to post a review. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the décor in the guestrooms. I’m sure other guests will find your review helpful. We're so glad you share our love for Atlanta and our central location. You may also enjoy our complimentary car service that will transport you to many of the wonderful venues within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Cheers!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is long overdue since my stay was close to a year ago. Stayed in this hotel for a few days and loved everything about it. The service was great and our room was amazing. We had a king corner room and it was awesome. We got in room dining for breakfast and it was delicious! I also visited the spa for a few services and they were great. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends. This may not be as enjoyable if you are looking for a family environment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mkat88
Thank you for your review. We genuinely appreciate your comments about Bliss Atlanta Downtown and I’m very glad to hear that you were able to experience some of our spa services. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your W experience and found the room to be comfortable. You should definitely try our Studio Suite on your next visit! Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!