“Beautiful Bed & Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 20 Atlanta B&B and Inns
USA
“Beautiful Bed & Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I treated my boyfriend to the bed and breakfast as a surprised for his birthday. Upon entering the home, Jim was very pleasant as he showed us around the huge Victorian home. He showed us where we could get unlimited drinks in the dining room and my bf especially loved this as it was filled with Heinekens, Coronas, soft drinks and other beverages. Shortly after, he showed us our room... The royal suite and it was AMAZING!!!! The pictures described the room exactly. We were given a key to the home so we can come and go as we please. After returning from dinner, we was provided with matches to light the candles and they stored our leftovers. The home was very quiet and quaint as we were the only guests in the home. The only thing I didn't like was we wasn't given an option for breakfast. The following morning as breakfast was being prepared, I was asked if the bacon, egg and cheese croissant was okay. Although it was tasty, I expected a little more like maybe Belgian waffles with eggs, pancakes with a side, anything other than a croissant sandwich. Along with the croissanwich, we received fruit, juice and coffee. Overall, other than the breakfast, the experience was great.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Nicole H
debistarnes, Owner at Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Thank you, Nicole, for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Sugar Magnolia. We are sorry that the breakfast was not your favorite, especially since Belgium Waffles with strawberries and blueberries is one of our regular items (I think we served them the next morning). I hope you will come back, again sometime, and we will make sure you get them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I've attended large conferences in Atlanta in the past and have tended to be overwhelmed by the experience. This time I brought my wife and we stayed at Sugar Magnolia. What a delightful stay! Great Hospitality, the Metro (MARTA) is close by and easy, fast and convenient - easy access to great Atlanta dining options, my wife visited the Martin Luther King park and Jimmy Carter Library - and loved the whole experience. I cannot say enough good things. Thank YOU!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TimGr
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We have taken our holiday in the US for the last three years. Increasingly we try to find an Inn / B&B in a good neighbourhood & the Sugar Magnolia didn't disappoint.

Debi, Jim & their daughter Sam were great hosts. The property is great & really homely. We were made to feel welcome & had access to a lovely sitting room plus study as well as our room. Security (mentioned by another reporter) wasn't an issue - we always take common sense precautions with our valuables and the Sugar Magnolia felt very safe.

The Inman Park neighbourhood is a real find. See our other reviews about great restaurants in easy (10-15 min) walking distance of the B&B - the MARTA is also a real bonus.

Basically, why stay anywhere else if you're coming to Atlanta?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DickandLou
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

This B&B is in the most beautiful location, Inman park, old Victorian homes, runners, dog walkers, quiet and 10 minutes from everything! We love to explore and experience the sites and tastes of new places. Sugar Magnolia is beautiful. We stayed in the royal suite but I would recommend any room. Coffee any time, beer and sodas in the frig, I do wish there had been a better fresh drinking water source the water tank was empty. Sam was such a sweetheart, she was so patient, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We will highly recommend this lovely B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GagelTravelers
Sandersville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 2.5 years ago and really liked it. My husband joined me during my stay and he also liked the inn. Business took both of us back again and we stayed in the same room, The Garden Room.

The Inn is beautiful, and the room was lovely. It has a nice open porch and plenty of windows. Josie, who is the on site staff, is super nice and friendly.

Inman Park is filled with beautiful Victorian homes, a park, and MARTA is nearby. I didn't need my car at all because MARTA got me where I needed to be. There are also restaurants, both casual and upscale, shops, and a local artisans shop within walking distance. I have left or returned from MARTA early in the morning or after dinner on my own, and felt safe walking to the Inn because it is on a well lit street with folks out walking their dogs, etc.

There were two drawbacks on this trip. The deadbolt lock, allowing guests to lock the room when they leave, was removed, and the other rooms at the top of the stairway also lacked keyed locks. I am a trusting soul, but if there had been other guests in the Inn I would have wanted to know my stuff was behind a locked door when I left.

The other drawback is that there is no way to control the temperature in the room. We were there in the early spring the last time and the temperature was very temperate so we didn't even notice that we couldn't adjust it. On this visit the room was stuffy at night, and even with a ceiling fan, it would have been nice if was a just a couple of degrees cooler. I mentioned that when I left and Josie said they have trouble keeping that room as cool as the others.

I can overlook the temperature controls because that can be addressed easily. A lack of keyed locks though? I won't return unless I can confirm they have been installed.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank khc83
debistarnes, Owner at Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
We are very sorry this guest had a less than wonderful experience and disappointed in this rare low rating. We do have central heat and air and try to balance different guests' temperature needs, and we would have tried for this guest if we had known during their stay. Regarding guest room security, we do take that seriously and we have never had any guest property bothered in our almost 20 years of being open. Debi
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our trip to Atlanta, but we were especially impressed by our wonderful stay at the Sugar Magnolia B & B. This is an immaculately maintained house that is full of architectural character and antiques throughout. We even enjoyed just sitting on the front porch and enjoying the scenery. It's a great neighborhood to just walk around and see all of the beautiful homes. It's a short walk to the MARTA station, cute shops, and restaurants. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and pampered. We stayed in the aviary room, and it was perfect for a romantic getaway. The bed was very comfortable, and the quiet neighborhood granted us a good night's sleep. The breakfast was delicious and the table setting made us feel like royalty! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank weiswoman
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed in the Aviary Room of Sugar Magnolia B&B on Edgewood Ave. This is the quaintest room in the house, but is perfect for 1 or 2 & the bed is super comfy. All rooms of the house are on the 2nd floor & open up to a rotunda area w/ coffee/tea/cocoa avail 24 hrs. If you prefer more privacy, you'll want to select the The Garden Room (which sits a little farther back, down a hallway), or The Cottage Suite (in a separate bldg. from the main house). Our bathroom was also across the rotunda instead of in the room. The other rooms you don't have to leave your room to use the bathroom. Our bathroom however was big & airy w/ some natural light. The hosts were out of town during our visit, but Josie was gracious & welcomed us soon after we arrived. She gave us the run down on the house during our visit & how to reach someone if we needed anything. They keep a mini fridge stocked downstairs w/ Cokes, beers, & juice for guests - this was a nice surprise. We were able to enjoy a beverage while we checked out the house & grounds. In the mornings, Sammy greeted us downstairs w/ hot coffee & breakfast, made to order. Fixed menu, but simple & good w/ fresh fruit of strawberries & blueberries, apples, etc. we enjoyed chatting w/ Sammy & she gave us tips of things going on this weekend which we might enjoy doing/seeing. We come to Atlanta routinely & don't have big agendas when we do come. So it was nice to make our decisions that morning based on her recommendations. All-in-all this is a great place to stay, in a great & quiet location. The houses in the neighborhood are all pretty awesome. Take some time to walk or drive around the neighborhoods of this area if you like seeing the houses in revitalized areas, like we do.

• Stayed June 2012