Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinman parkgarden roomroyal suiteb bkrog street marketthe main houserocking chairshistoric neighborhoodhouse is beautifulfive pointswonderful hostsmanager chefsunken jacuzziprivate porchbeautiful bed and breakfastmartin luther kingother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our cross country road trip. The house is beautiful and located in a great, quiet, neighbourhood. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The owners were great and kind enough to ship us some items we'd absentmindedly left behind. We enjoyed going for a run around the area in the early morning before breakfast to see the historic houses in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eekmoo
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed in the Aviary room and it was very comfortable. For that room you used the main bathroom on the second floor, so you had to leave your room and go a few steps to the bathroom, but we did not see this as a problem and that bathroom was large and well equipped, even a hairdryer. The house was very beautiful with great detail. We did not have very much contact with the owners/staff, but when we did it was always pleasant. They were very organized in having everything prepared for our late arrival with notes explaining exactly what to do for choosing our breakfast time and where our bathroom was located. They also provided drinks in a fridge. This was only our second stay in a B&B, and we were happy with the experience. The breakfast was not as much as I usually have had described in a B&B, but what we did have was very well prepared and tasty, and was plenty for us (belgian waffle with fresh berries, sausages, and juice and coffee). I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Atlanta.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaHint
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We love staying in beautiful houses like this one. We appreciated the complimentary drinks in the little refrigerator in the dining room - sodas, juices and beer. We stayed in the Royal Suite - beautiful room. It has a private balcony on the front - great place to just relax in the rocking chairs with a cold drink. The bathroom was one of the largest I have ever seen in a bed and breakfast! Loved the whirlpool tub, although it was a little hard for me to get into as I was having knee problems at the time. Separate shower was nice. Access to a rooftop deck was through the bathroom. One thing I did not like was that we could not lock our door. Breakfast both mornings were good. One morning we had blueberry pancakes. I wish I had known what breakfast would have been beforehand so I could have asked for no blueberries in mine, but that's my fault for not asking. I would still recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon D
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We've stayed in downtown Atlanta's Sugar Magnolia, sometimes in the main house and sometimes in the adjacent cottage suite, maybe ten times in the last several years, and each experience has been super safe, clean, comfortable, and enjoyable. I lived in Atlanta for twenty-one years, now in San Antonio, so every return visit is like going home. We're always so glad to stay in a fine Victorian neighborhood and home with all the best that the city of has to offer.

I've never written a hotel review before, but for the great staff of Sugar Magnolia I should have done this a long time ago. Jim, Debi and Josie have their own busy professional and social lives, but they're always around to make us feel welcome and help get us to the places and events that we came to see. Although there must be many fine alternatives in the city, we don't know what they are and can't imagine staying anywhere else.

We usually take the train from the airport terminal, walk to the B & B, spend long weekends with old friends and have easy access to great restaurants and atmosphere in Inman Park, Little Five Points and Virginia/Highland. Last week, we stayed in the cottage suite again by choice as it has a small kitchen and more privacy than the main house. We added the Cyclorama and Oakland Cemetery to our usual Civil War history tour, both within a few miles of Sugar Magnolia.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the main house are great, but we like the privacy and comfort of the cottage suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne D
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We absolutely loved our time at the Cottage! It's was exactly what we were looking for, a little sanctuary for us. The location was perfect for a bit of privacy, lovely strolls around historic Inman Park, as well as, being so close to great shops, restaurants, and fabulous people watching in Little 5 Points!
The Cottage was a home away from home, complete with a small kitchen, a fireplace, and a jacuzzi! Perfect for a romantic get away. The Innkeeper, Debi, was welcoming and fun, we thoroughly enjoyed sharing cocktails, snacks, and boating stories one evening in the sitting room of the beautiful old Victorian main house. As if that wasn't enough, we were greeted every morning with a fabulous breakfast delivered to us in a little wicker basket by either the ever smiling, Josie, or the lovely Sam.
Our time at the Sugar Magnolia Cottage was everything we had hoped for and more. We will most definitely be back, and thank you again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple