“Charming house in a great little community!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
winston salem
“Charming house in a great little community!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here on business with the Justice Center of Atlanta. Walked from the B&B to the Center in 10 minutes. Debi was very accommodating and a wonderful host. Breakfast in the morning and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in the evening were included with the room rate. My room (Aviary Room) was comfortable and locked from the inside; however, you could not lock the door when leaving the room from the outside (FYI). Highly enjoyed my stay and would recommend if you are on business at the Center or visiting the Atlanta area. Debi and Kathryn went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and even shipped my suits back to me when I left them there! Charming staff and place. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank phantomlaura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The Sugar Magnolia B&B is quietly tucked within the historic neighborhood of Inman Park, which is conveniently located only a few minutes away from Freedom Parkway and all major interstates, giving you easy access to all of Atlanta. The neighborhood is quiet and Edgewood Ave is lined with pretty trees that are yellow in the fall and the house is surrounded by other beautiful Victorian homes. I recently shot an engagement for my best friend, Will and his fiancé. Debi and Jim were gracious hosts going above and beyond to ensure the proposal went smoothly even faking an open house. Debi was very friendly and kind. We waited together for the couple to arrive and she helped me find the perfect hiding places to capture the moment. She was excited and happy to help. The house has the perfect mix of vintage elements and amazing light during the day. I also loved listening to Jim play the piano. He is super talented! Although I did not stay here, I can recommend Sugar Mag's customer service as excellent and would say this would be an ideal spot for an engagement, especially for a couple who has a history in Inman Park or for a lady who loves a vintage atmosphere!

Room Tip: Royal Suite has a fantastic balcony and a very large bathtub!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amber W
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at Sugar Magnolia on our way home from a family Thanksgiving weekend north of Atlanta. What a pleasant experience! It was conveniently located near I-75; it was walking distance to a great restaurant; our suite was very well furnished; our bed was so comfortable; the bath was luxurious; and the hosts, Debi and Jim, were very gracious and made sure our stay was enjoyable. We will definitely return, and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite is very roomy and romantic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Al N
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had the great pleasure of experiencing the sweetness of the Sugar Magnolia Bed and Breakfast through a moment to remember my whole life- when the man that I love asked me to be his wife. The Sugar Magnolia is nestled in the gorgeous, historic neighborhood of Inman Park with majestic trees and exquisite Victorian homes. On our second date, my fiance and I took a long walk around the neighborhood and came upon the Sugar Magnolia. We admired it for its charm and character. It's long been an area that makes the heart happy to us- hence why my fiance thought it would be an ideal location to propose. They whole team at the SM were absolute stars helping my fiance to stage and "open house." They played the part quite well, acting as those who who touring. The owner, Debi, was a pure starlet delivering a card from my fiance that lead me upstairs to a beautiful room full of rose petals, candles, and music. There on the balcony of the room, was a man waiting to ask my to marry him. They allowed his dream of how to start the next chapter of our lives become the perfect reality. After the proposal, we were greeted by their staff by best wishes, hugs, and a excellent serenade by Jim on the grand piano in the salon. We danced next to the beautifully decorated Christmas tree to the classic tune of "Amazing Grace." I truly cannot express how wonderfully hospitable and accommodating the lovely family of the Sugar Magnolia are. We will forever be grateful for their care, love and service to make our special "moment" one that will remembered with joy and thankfulness.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Debi Starnes and the whole crew at the Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast were truly amazing in helping me create the perfect atmosphere to propose to my lovely girlfriend. I rented the Royal Suite and set it up for an excellent proposal on the top balcony overlooking the gorgeous Inman Park neighborhood. The house is especially beautifully decorated around Christmas. My future wife and I will never forget the memories we made at the Sugar Magnolia and will enjoy our time there for years to come. I am very thankful for the wonderful hospitality of the whole crew at the Sugar Magnolia, they made me feel very welcome and were quick to lend a helping hand to make the big day for Ashley and I perfect. I am forever grateful for this excellent experience.
I was able to rent out a room, come in during the morning and set up flowers, music, candles and decorations. The staff and family of staff at the B & B even faked an open house for me to bring Ashley into to create a great atmosphere for the surprise they played along very well to sell the open house and then presented Ashley with a card inviting her to go upstairs to the room and letter I had written her with all of my thoughts. From there, the last line the card invited her out to the balcony where I greeted her with a ring and big question. Thankfully she responded with a yes and the rest will be history.
After the big events upstairs, we came back downstairs to enjoy the decorations and were enraptured by beautiful live piano playing of a Christmas medley and Amazing Grace - which was an excellent way to end our time at the Sugar Magnolia just minutes after becoming engaged. Thanks to Debi and her whole staff and family for helping me to organize one of the greatest events of my life - Will

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My family and I spent last weekend at the Sugar Magnolia during my son's wedding celebration. The accessibility to all the family activities and the beautiful surroundings of Inman Park neighborhood were just perfect. The accommodations were excellent and the southern charm welcome of the innkeeper Kathryn along with her amazing breakfasts made our special occasion a memorable one! Sugar Magnolia B & B is definitely a place to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Huntersville, NC
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We just stayed at the Sugar Magnolia B&B for an Anniversary weekend and it could not have been more perfect. We had seen the inn from the street while walking by on our last visit -- it has stunning curb appeal. We made a mental note to try it, and were not disappointed. The entire Inman Park neighborhood features stunning detailed architecture from over a century ago (Atlanta's first "suburb"), is quite walkable and under quite a tree canopy.

The Sugar Magnolia is just as beautiful inside as out. We stayed in the Royal Suite, and had our own private balcony with rockers facing the street, and also access to a shared deck facing the back (with a view of downtown in the distance in fall, as leaves drop). The room was good size, with a nice little alcove for the queen bed, and a huge bathroom with double sinks, a jacuzzi tub and shower. Wi-fi was good, although rarely used.

Breakfast was excellent, with waffles one day (I had read the waffles were excellent and mentioned that in my reservation request, and Kathryn made a note and made them our first morning! We thoroughly enjoyed talking with her both mornings.

When we arrived Debi & Jim directed us to a walkable wine shop, and we came back and enjoyed the evening sun with some wine. We thoroughly explored the neighborhood, went to Virginia Highlands to shop and eat, and also stopped along North Highland a few times (the Atlanta Cupcake Factory is not to be missed for a treat). But mostly we relaxed.

We have a new home away from home in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite was excellent, but we had a chance to see the Garden Room and it is charming and lig...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple