“Best Ever B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Urban Oasis Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have stayed in many B & B's around the country and this one was the best. Judi and Duane are warm, interesting and generous. Their knowledge the area was quite helpful. The space is so comfortable, light, airy and colorful! Also the best sleep ever. It is not necessary to get in the car for great restaurant options but not difficult to get downtown or to midtown by car. Easy access to the Beltline (for walking, running or biking) that has art all along the way and some fun shopping opportunities. Oh! Mustn't forget, breakfast was outstanding! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda K

Reviewed 19 July 2013

What a wonderful place to spend a weekend. Judi and Duane's hospitality were great! The neighborhood is a great place for walking, especially the new Beltline which is just around the corner. There are plenty of yummy restaurants. The house is an art gallery in and of itself.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

A wonderful stay in a very funky environment, with inviting, interesting people, simple accommodations, and full run of the place - who could ask for more? Every day is an adventure in this colorful, eclectic lodge, a real alternative to Atlanta's otherwise stuffy, fluffed, Southern brocade.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed at the Urban Oasis in March of 2011, and I'm finally getting around to writing a review. I was in Atlanta for a conference downtown and looked for a place to stay that was nearby, but a little off the beaten path. This place was perfect! Prior to my travels Judi notified me that a wedding reception would be taking place on the evening of my arrival, and that if I was interested I could join the party and enjoy all the food and drink I desired. What!? In short the party was great, Judi, Dwayne and the party-goers were super inclusive and made me feel most welcome at an event in which I wasn't invited. I couldn't have asked for a better "Welcome to Atlanta." The following day I had to give a talk at the convention center, and (after shaking out the cobwebs from the previous nights beverages) Judi offered to give me a ride downtown so I didn't have to walk to the MARTA station (which isn't that far). What a host!

The location was great: not far from a MARTA station and walkable to Little Five Points where I found plenty to do and see including the excellent Porter Beer Bar. On the day of my departure is was a bit rainy, so Judi offered to give me a ride to the MARTA station to catch a train to the airport. It was the perfect end to a stay that highlighted by exemplary hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Judi and her Urban Oasis were truly fantastic. Walking to the main entry I was met with lovely flowering bushes and a little garden and patio (complete with fountain). The B&B is housed in an old warehouse which was magically transformed into an incredible space. I mean, a REALLY incredible space.

The home is painted with a fresh and energetic palette that complements the contemporary fine art hung throughout. Judi keeps a casually chic space warm and inviting with her conversation and hospitality. As I am a young artist, she recommended all sorts of artists to look up and galleries to check out both in Inman Park (where the B&B is located) and throughout the larger city.

Judi has great food/dining ideas too! We loved walking over to Victory Sandwich for lunch and Barcelona Wine Bar for dinner and evening drinks. Highland Bakery and Inman Perk are two other great (and close) spots to try in the mornings. Inman Park is a charming little neighborhood: adorable homes and great downtown strip. It was such a treat to stay at Urban Oasis and walk to all sorts of great spots - especially as the ATL is not known as being such a walkable city.

We HIGHLY recommend Urban Oasis. Just what we wanted from a B&B and with that extra special "something" that we could have only hoped for. Judi and Dwayne are gems!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly j
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed over a weekend for a friend's wedding nearby. No problems at all! Loved the proprietors who were very kind and even gave me a few rides to and from the train station, and to the places I needed to go that weekend. The place itself is spacious but cozy, quiet, and has a great modern vibe. I stayed in a room that shared downstairs bathroom access and there were no problems with that arrangement either. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank slaypiece
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We tried this B&B based on its unusual facility and we truly enjoyed the experience. Very eclectic design and different from any other B&B we've stayed in. Judi extremely helpful in suggestions for places to eat and see in Atlanta. At her suggestion we ate at Seafood restaurant called Six Feet Under with a rooftop deck directly facing a cemetery. Very good seafood! Three dogs very well behaved and no bother to us. Very casual and laid back place. Bread, cereal & fruit for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013