“My Third Stay”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm currently lounging at the pool piazza of this wonderful property drinking an Arnold Palmer and enjoying the spicy tuna tacos. I give this all two thumbs up. Upon my arrival yesterday, I was warmly welcomed and shown my amazing Metropolitan Suite. Thanks for the SPG upgrade. The juliette balcony overlooking the pool is amazing. One of my favorite parts of this hotel is the exceptional bathroom. My room is very spacious with great luxurious touches. I love the art throughout this hotel! Honestly, my bed at the W Atlanta Downtown was more comfy, but I still received a quality night's rest. Both Ryans (doorman and butler) were quite hospitable and helpful. Dion (bellman) and Louis (concierge) are great! If I can find any mishaps in any way, I would suggest four...1) this is the first SPG property that has told me they cannot grant my 4pm checkout request, 2) the new red color of the awnings, pool chairs, umbrellas, etc. are not as appealing as the light blue ones during my first stay just after the hotel's opening a few years ago, 3) the addition of tables/chairs in the Astor Court make it seem crowded and not relaxing and their red color takes away from the light blues and other lighter colors, 4) the new SPG breakfast option is a bit confusing as I was told by front desk at checkin it had a $38 value even if I ate alone but the wait staff said it didn't (I'd rather have Starpoints over only being able to choose from a few baked goods; this applies to my W experience yesterday as well). Overall, an incredible retreat inside a very busy city. I'll for sure be back.

• Stayed: July 2012
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear KEEPTAHOEBLUE_NICE,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. We value the opinion of our loyal SPG members and I have shared your comments with our management team. I am pleased our staff provided exceptional service during your visit and it will be my pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Had a great massage experience at the very plush Remede Spa with Tonya. She has medical experience so she took care of ALL my problem spots. Use of the lovely pool was included. If you have lunch pool-side, be sure and have the "golden gazpacho" -- terrific! Lobster roll lukewarm and only so-so as was the Portobello sandwich.. From the doormen to the exceptional pool staff--all were so warm and eager to serve....best staff ever!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear claoudycat,
Thank you for your compliments of the award-winning Remede Spa at The St. Regis Atlanta. I appreciate your feedback on our culinary offerings at The Pool Piazza. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I'm a hotel snob and lover of all things starwood. This hotel knocks all others out of the water, even edging on the St. Regis in Rome. Although I used points, the experience was truly priceless. I hope this is what heaven looks like.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STLSteward

Dear STLSteward,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. We appreciate our loyal guests and are honored to be compared to the captivating St. Regis in Rome. Thank you again for choosing the St. Regis Atlanta, I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This place is great. I have been traveling to Atlanta for years and never given the St. Regis a shot. Mainly because of it's location. The Ritz Carlton and Mansion (now Mandrian) are both walking distance to Phipps Plaza and Lenox Mall. The St. Regis is nesteld back a little further going toward West Paces Ferry Road. However, not a big deal, as the St. Regis hotel driver will take you anywhere within a 2-1/2 mile radius of the hotel. They really spared no expense here. The room design and decor are all first class. Cleaner than any hotel I have ever stayed in!! Customer service is outstanding. My wife and I went to the pool only to have ice water and lemon brought to use as soon as we sat down. My only complaint was when we checked in I noticed in the mini bar they only had Budlight and Budwiser. No problem, as I walked across the street the Whole Foods to pick-up a assorted 6-pack of my favorite imports. When getting back to the room I buzzed the Butler to have him bring some ice to the room. Twenty to thiry minutes went by and he never showed up. So we went to the pool and I left a note to please fill the ice bucket and my small cooler full of 6 imported beers. (Just so you know, you can't get your own ice. The Butler must do it. No ice machines in the halls.) When I got back, 2 hours later, my bucket had ice but not my cooler. I tried to buzz the bulter again, but no one ever showed. I ended up just going to diner. However different experience the next morning. We order room service twice and the Butler was very prompt. Surely just a fluke the afternnon before.

Overall this place is great and will be back again. I will just make sure to bring my own ice. LOL.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BamaJon
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear BamaJon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our address and we appreciate your kind compliments of our décor and guest room. We hope you will return as our guest again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have stayed at the St. Regis in Atlanta about half a dozen times. The hotel is just as luxurious and plush as you would expect; there are no disappointments here. I have stayed in several high-end hotels in Atlanta, and I think the St. Regis is the best. The employees here have a unique blend of friendliness and excellent service. You know how you go to some exclusive hotels and the employees seem rather snobby? Not here. It's a very relaxed atmosphere coupled with real luxury. I recommend highly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MamaCarlon

Dear MamaCarlon,
It is a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay at our metropolitan manor. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a distinctive experience of bespoke service. I have shared your wonderful comments with our staff. We will look forward to welcoming you to our address again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had a quickie business trip to Atlanta and my hosts suggested I stay at the St. Regis. The service was flawless, despite having somehow loosing my reservation (probably not their fault). I had a 4 am wake up call that was made personally by the butler on duty. While it's no fun getting up at that hour, the call was friendly, kind and helpful. The room was beautiful with all the bells and whistles. It managed to be elegant and relaxed at the same time (can I hire the decorator for my own home?). The bathroom was well designed, with a separate cabin for the commode and two sinks. The public space lovely and gracious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear WanderingNewYorker,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of our elegantly appointed guest rooms and the service you were provided. Please allow us to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We live in Atlanta and stayed at this property so we would not have to drive home from socializing downtown. We did not get to the room till midnight and were so amazed at the beautiful room we didnt get to bed till 4am! Couldn't waste time in luxury just sleeping! The rooms are over the top luxury and high tech. The property has a secluded courtyard pool open 23/7, great outdoor lounge/bar area with fireplace, and the area above the lobby has plenty of plush seating great for relaxing and people watching. One of the nicest city hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in some high end properties. If you want the best in Buckhead, look no further.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite on front of hotel, room was huge and rounded windows over front of hotel were bea...