“Excellent, as always!”

Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent, as always!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I choose your facility every time we visit our son and his wife in Atlanta. Everything is consistently pleasant. The facility is beautiful, the service is impeccable and every employee we have ever encountered is cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear mbb4502,
We appreciate your compliments and loyalty. Allow us to welcome you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband was nervous to book at a hotel other than the Ritz. I am glad I persuaded him to book the St Regis. We stayed at the Ritz in Buckhead on our last family trip to Atlanta two years ago and the pool was so old and dated.....I knew I didn't want to go back. With twin little girls the quality of your pool experience determines where you stay. We made the right choice with the St Regis. When we checked in it was late evening. At check in our girls were greeted with a special gift .....a St. Regis bag containing a stuffed bear. We were also given a Free movie pass for a special in-room movie night with popcorn and a soft drink if we wanted to use it......which we did on our last night and it was great. At the pool on the first day we were greeted by a pool attendant whose only job is to make sure you find seating for all members of your family. He diligently watches the pool deck and clears chairs as guests leave and sets them up new again. A wonderful staffer comes immediately and pours iced lemon water and gives you a menu. The food was great. I highly recommend strawberry smoothies for your kids. I am not even sure if that was on their menu. I just requested them and they did it. They were so smooth with no chunks of ice. These people really know what they are doing. The next day when we returned to the pool I was greeted by three different staffers from the day before. Good morning Mrs. Malone. How are you Mrs. Malone? I hope you slept well Mrs. Malone. Yes, yes, and yes. I love these guys. I can't say enough about this place and I'm looking forward to our stay at the St. Regis in Rome next month.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Christine M,
It was a joy to read your kind comments on your recent stay at our address. Our younger guests are just as discerning as our adult guests and it is a pleasure to hear your girls enjoyed our Family Traditions amenities. We wish you safe travels to Rome and hope you will return again very soon.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the St Regis Atlanta as part of my 10 year high school reunion. The staff at the hotel are always attentive and helpful. One thing to mindful of is that they have changed their complimentary ironing/pressing policy. Now it's included for suites only, otherwise it's $17. Ouch!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sara W,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide service beyond expectation to all guests and we are glad to hear you experienced this first hand. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have stayed twice at the St. Regis while visiting my college student in Atlanta. I find the hotel to be very pretty and the rooms generally clean, though some are beginning to show signs of wear and tear. Further, the bathroom floors always appear as if they swabbed the mop around but didn't really clean as dust and hair are conspicuous.

Otherwise, the hotel itself has comfortable beds and the staff is accomodating but a little stand-offish. Not sure if this is the culture of the property or the company, but I do find the staff at any of the Ritz-Carlton's I have stayed at to be a bit warmer.

Be sure to triple check the room you have requested/booked. I made my last reservation in January for an Easter visit and had reserved two queen beds so my daughter could stay with me vs. the dorm. Upon.check-in, that they had me in an accessible room and said they were completely sold out of double rooms due to a wedding. I begged and pleaded (apparently, the wedding was booked in February and, clearly, they were booking many more rooms then me!) but was stuck with a king bed and offered a roll-away cot which I accepted but which was never delivered.

All in all, its a good property and the real draw is the rooftop pool. Very nicely done and feels more comfortable than most. Wouldn't recommend the lounge, its very dark and tends to get very loud to the point where you can't hear your own conversations.

If they have a special offer, as a Starwood member, I would consider staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get on the higher floors and away from the elevator. I always faced the front of the hotel a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear tg225,
We extend our sincerely apologies for your experience during your recent stay. We carefully review all guest feedback and your comment will be addressed by our housekeeping and front desk managers. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.
Chattanooga TN
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The St. Regis is our favorite hotel in Atlanta. The staff is exceptional because they are friendly, professional and responsive. The rooms are beautiful, beds are comfy and the pool is like an oasis. Food service at the pool can be slow at times, additional food service staff at the pool would be helpful. The gym equipment is great with plenty of space and it's never crowded. We love the location because it is close to so many of our favorite restaurants but not in the middle of the worst Atlanta traffic. The valets and doormen are our favorite in Atlanta because they are always so friendly. We keep returning!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear gangogirls,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our bespoke services and your feedback on our Pool Piazza service. Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Atlanta.
Atlanta Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked a standard room on the 8th floor which was very nice. I would not recommend paying extra for the "balcony" which is basically doors that open to a railing, but not an actual balcony. Our room rate was $315 but with parking, taxes, fees and a light lunch at the pool, our bill was well over $500 for 19 hours at the hotel. On arrival, the room was not ready, we waited 3 hours for our room. There was no shampoo or soap in the room. It took 2 calls to get it. We called before going to dinner to request turndown service. But, no one ever came for turndown service. We requested a children's size robe and were told no problem but the answer should have been "no" since they never brought it. There are no ice machines, so you have to call for ice and they expect a tip for ice. A single drink (without a mixer) from the minibar was $19 which seems excessive. The pool was very crowded, but not with hotel guests. The pool also caters to the residences (condos) and several residents had reserved most of the chairs for their guests. Even though the chairs and umbrellas sat unoccupied for most of the weekend there was no place for the guests to sit. The pool staff could not help many of the guests who had no place to sit. One family had a gigantic spread of food at the pool, it looked and smelled horrible. This was not what you would expect from a 5-star hotel, more of what you would expect from a 2-star motel. The Jacuzzi was cloudy and there was a layer of scum on the tiles at the water line. The power went off for close to 3 hours, for apparently scheduled maintenance, but no one told us about this when we booked the reservation.

Room Tip: The balcony is not a real balcony, just doors that open to the outside with a railing.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear atlantahost,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. Your comments have been shared leadership team to be corrected and to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Really not much to say other than this is a top notch hotel. The bar is great, the pool is relaxing, and the rooms are well taken care of, clean, and comfortable. Mary and Garry at the bar are very nice people and the whole staff is helpful above and beyond the call of duty. Of course it is pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JDLIII,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide service beyond expectation and I am pleased to hear that your service was extraordinary. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. Allow us to welcome you again very soon.