“Lovely Property”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was my first stay at the St Regis Atlanta. I was here for a few days of R&R which the St Regis and its staff certainly helped me get. I had high expectations for this property and they were met. The entrance and lobby are impressive as is the whole hotel throughout. I had booked a Superior room and was delighted as a SPG Gold member to received an upgrade to their Grand Deluxe room.

The room itself was lovely and spacious. I especially loved the gorgeous bathroom and the huge balcony. It was very relaxing to go out on it with a drink and take in the view. All the room controls on the phone are also very handy. The phone also displays your name which is a nice touch. I made use of the gym for a workout which overlooks the pool and was pleased with it. They offered free waters and towels in the gym so you did not have to bring your own from your room. I also made use of the pool which was super. I did indulged in a few cocktails as well poolside which were delicious. I know many have complained about crowding at the pool, and I was a bit concerned about this going in, but in my two days there was not hardly anyone else out there.

Negatives: only one

The only downside to the great balcony was observing a few people smoking on higher floors who would drop there butts below. The fellow right above did this on night one several times making a mess for me. The higher floors do not really balconies, only just enough room for one to take one step out so they don't smoke up the room and hence the problem for anyone with a Grand Deluxe Room below. I mentioned about the cigarettes accumulating on my deck and they were promptly removed by the time I got back from dinner.

I did have breakfast one day as well which was excellent! I also made use of the Hotels free car service which was very handy. Overall I was treated very well by everyone and I look forward to being able to return one day to the St Regis Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly_TPM
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Kelly_TPM,
I appreciate you sharing your experience and we are pleased to know you enjoyed many of the amenities of our award winning property. We hope that you will return for another rejuvenating stay again very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My beautiful wife and I had Brunch here .....All I can say is everything was first class and excellent...The service, the food, the decor, the silverware, the restrooms, the prices. Compared to NYC or Chicago the meal inc tip was almost free! We are now thinking of an excuse we can give ourselves to stay here in a Suite since we only live 30 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear aa6nz,
Thank you for your kind compliments of our brunch offering in Astor Court. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our entire culinary team. We hope you will return again very soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

WOW What an experience. We went down for the two Phish concerts in Alpharetta last week and could not have been happier to have stayed here. Azee at the front desk was a genuine sweetheart and gave us a gorgeous grand deluxe room with large balcony. Thanks again and we will definitely return soon!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Jack A,
I appreciate your comments and have shared your complements with our staff. I hope to welcome you to our address again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We took advantage of a summer package allowing Friday noon checking, 2 free drinks at the pool, free valet and Internet access. We selected the Metropolitan suite and it was gorgeous and clean, we loved it! It was on the 6th floor, close to the pool. We arrived between 1 and 2pm. Our room was ready, we had a very pleasant checkin and headed for the pool where we enjoyed a late lunch with cocktails. We had no trouble with seating and the staff was attentive and helpful.

We enjoyed dinner at Chops, which is next door. Walked back over to the hotel for drinks at the St. Regis bar. It was a little crowded and loud when we got there but the crowd thinned out before we left.

We enjoyed our evening and had a good night's rest. Ordered our complimentary coffee and Bloody Mary which were apparently delivered to the wrong room. After we called back to check, we quickly got our drinks. This was the only glitch and not a big deal.

Beautiful and luxurious hotel and we celebrated my hubby's birthday in high style. I hope we can go again soon!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G

Dear Kathy G,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Summer Friday package is a wonderful offering allowing access to our award-winning Pool Piazza. We are pleased to know your stay was pleasant and we appreciate you celebrating your special occasion at our address. We look forward to your next visit again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although we live about 1 mile from St. Regis in Atlanta, my family and I (my husband and 8 year old twin daughters) have stayed at this St. Regis several times included opening weekend. The girls love the pool especially. We also love the beauty of the hotel, the attentiveness of the staff and the proximity to wonderful restaurants. This last stay was on a very wet 4th of July, and we had decided to stay in Atlanta and not head to our normal beach trip. Such a nice change of pace! Love St. Regis!

Room Tip: Although we love the Metropolitan Suite, the St. Regis Suite is larger so if you are traveling with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kelley O,
It was a joy to read your kind comments on your recent stay at our address. Our younger guests are just as discerning as our adult guests and it is a pleasure to hear your children enjoyed their stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed with friends at St. Regis over Father's Day. Location of the hotel was perfect for walking to dinner and the surrounding watering holes. Car service also made it easy to get around. We stayed in room 818 & 816 and they were perfect. Attention to detail was evident and everything was top notch. Since our rooms weren't immediately available they provided 2 rounds of drinks which was a nice $130 gift. Very classy. Pool area was great, service around the area was also impressive. Everyone is waiting to take care of your every need at this hotel. Will return to this location!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear RodG,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you to our address again very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions living in Atlanta and needing a weekend getaway from time to time. The hotel is beautiful as is the pool area; however, when staying at a hotel at this rate I expect to be able to sit out at the pool. There was often a wait for chairs (1 - 2 hours) and there are only 5 tables at the outdoor restaurant and 3 bar stools. I tried to have lunch at the bar when the tables were taken and they bar stools were held for over an hour for two guys who purchased wine and returned 1 1/2 hours later to drink it.

When I pay a St. Regis nightly rate, I expect to be able to relax by the pool or eat at the pool restaurant at any time. Definitely not a given and if you are staying or the weekend, you may miss a whole day at the pool if you don't grab a chair at dawn.

I am delighted that Atlanta has a St. Regis, but a lot needs to be done to bring it up to the quality of the St. Regis brand. Also, if you are expecting a pool view, best to confirm right before you can cancel because it is rare that you can get such a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, but don't count on it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank krisvik
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear krisvik,
Thank you for sharing your comments. We understand your concerns regarding space at our Pool Piazza and my fellow leaders are working diligently to improve this experience for our guests. It is our priority to exceed the expectations of our guests under every circumstance and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our award-winning service.