“5* at its best!!”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a wonderful time had by all!!
It's great to know that customer service is alive and thrives at The St. Regis Atlanta.
From the lobby, to tea time, to the opulent bathrooms, everything is done at 100%.
We will definitely be back sooner than later!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taxidiataltys
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear taxidiataltys,
Thank you for your compliments of our metropolitan manor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our superior service and hospitality. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Garry makes the best drinks and is an awesome bartender! The Seafood Cobb Salad was delicious and filling! Came here for a quiet evening by myself and thoroughly enjoyed the ambience! As a Atlanta resident, I'm looking forward to coming back soon for great drinks and great convo!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear BrigitteAKA,
Our staff’s dedication to the art of hospitality is demonstrated throughout our address and I am pleased to know you experienced this during your visit. We hope to welcome you back to The St. Regis Atlanta again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

What a great experience for a quick get away for girls...or anyone for that matter.

The service and room were impeccable.

Seriously, there is really no need to leave the premises, other than for an exquisite meal next door at Chops Lobster.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear LotsofTravelToGo,
It is wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We were honored you chose our address to celebrate the holidays and we appreciate you recognizing our staff and uncompromising service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Atlanta’s Best Address.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I returned for a two night stay here, 12/12-14/13. I have been fortunate enough to stay in many hotels in my life, including many four and five star properties. I'm Marriott Gold Elite and SPG Gold. This stay was only two nights, but it was the absolute finest hotel stay of my life--and I just stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes for eight nights. Yes, it really is good enough that two nights here outweigh eight at one of the highest ranked R-C's in the US.

The property itself exudes such a classic, elegant luxuriousness. Nothing over the top. Nothing pretentious. I can sort of see what a previous reviewer meant by "sterile elegance," but I think that is what makes this place great. It isn't overdone; it doesn't look like someone crammed as many items into the space as possible like you see at some other properties. Everything has a function, but is gorgeous understated elegance. No corners were cut anywhere on property.

The rooms are wonderful. Frette linens and towels (finest towels of any property I've ever stayed in). Bed is high off the floor. Pillows could be firmer, but that is just my preference. Remede toiletry products are excellent. Touchscreen panel on one of three phones in room let you control climate and lighting from your bed--including the do not disturb indicator on the door (no knocking here; your room has a doorbell). Marble abounds throughout the bath area. Deep soaking tub allows anyone to fully submerse, even if you're tall like me. You expect all of this at this price point, and they don't disappoint. The small details are what really put this room into a class of its own: potpourri in closet, high quality robes (not cheaper ones like some other hotels), live orchid and other plants in room, and who could forget the television behind the mirror in the bathroom! It is impossible to list every detail of the room, but rest assured it is exquisite.

The service is exemplary, and is what really sets this hotel apart from other fine properties and is what made this stay so perfect. From the valets to the bellmen, you are treated very well without feeling "stuffy." Check-in was professional and easy; I was given a room upgrade and welcome gift (SPG Gold) without having to ask. Only hiccup of entire stay happened here; was asked which paper I prefer and I stated WSJ--I received a USA Today my first day and no paper the second day. Not sure what happened. Robert, our concierge, took care of all requests via e-mail prior to arrival and each and every detail was tended to. Excellent!

Complimentary transportation within a two mile radius is provided with a driver and black Mercedes-Benz. Used this for travel to/from Lenox Square, and it is such a convenience as Buckhead traffic can be unnerving. Louis was prompt both ways and friendly to talk to.

Housekeeping is excellent. The room is immaculate. The room was so clean, as a game I looked for anything they had overlooked. I found nothing--it literally could not have been cleaner! Got to interact with the turndown ladies as we were still in our room. Very friendly and accommodating. Room service was great as well. Delivered at the exact time requested.

Dining at the hotel isn't cheap, but I feel you get what you pay for. Astor Court is great for lunch and breakfast. Most if not many of those dining seem to be locals, not hotel guests. Room service was warm and tasty (had the pastry basket). I haven't dined here for dinner; I feel Chops next door is a better option as they are around the same price point. But, having not dined here for dinner that isn't an entirely fair statement, just my preference.

During December, the Pool Piazza is converted to a Winter Wonderland, with Christmas trees throughout and a very nice skating rink installed. Had a great time skating (it is $30 per hour per adult). This was a very unique offering that makes it a great weekend getaway for the Christmas season. They also offer a Tea with Santa. Did not participate in this, but saw their Santa & Mrs. Claus and they looked great. The walk-through (not for someone my height, but close!) gingerbread house was fun to spend a few moments admiring.

My previous experience at the Remede Spa on property was excellent, and this visit didn't disappoint either. Sure, it is pricey compared to other spas but the setting and furnishings are excellent. Tatiana at the front desk is friendly and helpful, and Lainey was great again as my massage therapist. I've been to spas at other upscale hotels and my experiences here trump them all.

I apologize for the long review but this property--and its staff!--are worthy of all these praises and much more. I'm sure I left out a few more things, there is just so much to remember and consider. When my travels bring me to this area, business or personal, I will always look to stay here first! I only wish there were more St. Regis properties in the US.

Room Tip: Lobby is 1-3; Astor Court and walkway to nearby buildings/restaurants is on 4. 5 is all meeting and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patriot33

Dear Patriot33,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. It is our priority to exceed our guests’ expectations during their stay and I am pleased to hear you mention our staff’s attention to detail. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to The St. Regis Atlanta when you travels bring you back to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Ok so haven't reviewed since we stayed there in July. Just went down Tuesday for the Justin Tumberlake concert, and to my surprise, Ayman out front remembered my wife and I. So did the front desk manager who checked us in. His name escapes me but he checked us in around 3:00 on 12/17. That alone should tell you what high levels of standards this establishment holds. On our way out, Alex at the front desk could not have been more helpful and we can't wait to see everyone again for my birthday in February. Thanks again!! The ice rink looked great too!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jack A
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Jack A,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. It is our pleasure to provide uncompromising service to our loyal guests. We look forward to welcoming you in February for your special birthday visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

If you want to immediately get into the spirit of Christmas make sure you book your holiday tea at The St. Regis! The hotel is beautifully decorated with Christmas trees, lights, garlands and a life size gingerbread house. You can walk thru it! With the holiday tea service, you are given a menu of various teas to select from and you get a 4 tier tray of ridiculously yummy treats to nibble on while you sip your tea. The holiday tea at The St. Regis is an annual tradition for my Mom and I to decompress from holiday shopping and have time to get caught up. Our server was Joshua and he spent a lot of time explaining the various teas and getting to know us during our visit. The service is top notch and you will not want to leave this gorgeous place!! Make sure to visit when Santa and Mrs. Claus are walking around greeting you for Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Allison M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our staff strives to provide memorable hospitality to all guests and it is wonderful to hear your compliments of our holiday traditions. On behalf of our entire staff, we wish you and your family a very warm and merry holiday season.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

While seeking a scenic venue for a celebration, I ran across the St. Regis Atlanta facility on the internet. I was mesmerized by the pictures so I decided that this was the perfect spot for my celebration. My original contact with several employees via telephone was good.. After reviewing the menu options, I had one or two questions about menu items before proceeding to make my final confirmation. After making numerous calls & leaving messages to confirm with the Astor court supervisor, I still don't have a confirmation when my prospective celebration date is in January. I know that we all have busy schedules but following up is essential to good customer service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sunny202
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sunny202,
I extend my sincerely apologies for your experience and inconvenience. We have attempted to reach out to you directly via private message to discuss details of your celebration further. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to speak with you soon.