“Breathtaking Beauty”

Ranked #1 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Morrisville, NC
“Breathtaking Beauty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I conducted a site inspection of this facility for a client's potential wedding venue. To start, the grounds are beautiful. Everything is in it's place and pristine. I was unable to be toured around the facility as there was a wedding that day so Whitney, the event coordinator, was busy. I approached the first desk to ask again if they could have someone give me a tour. Smiling and courteous, they were unable to show my around but tried to provide me with additional information and insisted I look around on my own. This was fine with me.

I wandered around and took pictures and was very pleased. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 star is one reason. 1) For a 50,000 minimum Saturday wedding I expected everything to be flawless. There were bright red stains on the carpet in the area that I could only assume was the cocktail hour location. In the same area, there is a stair well that when opened had some random things for storage on the way to the stairs. For such a high end hotel, that was rather strange.

The staff was really great. Smiles all around and very willing to assist. The facilities were nice and the ice skating is such a nice touch for a winter wedding. Even though I did not stay here, I received superb service an am anxious to see if my client considers this location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear heySJ1989,
Thank you for considering our address for your client’s upcoming wedding. I apologize that our wedding specialists were unable to meet with you. I have shared your feedback with my fellow leaders to allow us to continue to improve our property. Should you or your client wish to return for a more detailed inspection, please contact our Sales Office to arrange for a meeting. I look forward to welcoming you and your clients to our address again and hope to be a part of their wedding celebration.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel with exceptional service. Everyone went above and beyond. We felt welcomed and at home. This establishment is a perfect blend of great employees and jaw dropping rooms. The room was spacious, clean, and overall wonderful.

Stayed January 2014
Dear RobertAlonso,
Thank you for your compliments on our award-winning service and property. We are glad to hear that our AAA Five Diamond service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I made spontaneous New Year's Eve reservation and found the complete experience from check in to check out simply marvelous. I had the most appreciation for the bathrooms, which were simple and elegant. The bar, athletic club, room service, and ice skating made the splurge worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Malik S,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience. I hope you had a memorable New Year celebration and will return to The St. Regis Atlanta again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a wonderful time had by all!!
It's great to know that customer service is alive and thrives at The St. Regis Atlanta.
From the lobby, to tea time, to the opulent bathrooms, everything is done at 100%.
We will definitely be back sooner than later!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank taxidiataltys
Dear taxidiataltys,
Thank you for your compliments of our metropolitan manor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our superior service and hospitality. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Garry makes the best drinks and is an awesome bartender! The Seafood Cobb Salad was delicious and filling! Came here for a quiet evening by myself and thoroughly enjoyed the ambience! As a Atlanta resident, I'm looking forward to coming back soon for great drinks and great convo!

Stayed January 2014
Dear BrigitteAKA,
Our staff’s dedication to the art of hospitality is demonstrated throughout our address and I am pleased to know you experienced this during your visit. We hope to welcome you back to The St. Regis Atlanta again soon.
Hartsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

What a great experience for a quick get away for girls...or anyone for that matter.

The service and room were impeccable.

Seriously, there is really no need to leave the premises, other than for an exquisite meal next door at Chops Lobster.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear LotsofTravelToGo,
It is wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We were honored you chose our address to celebrate the holidays and we appreciate you recognizing our staff and uncompromising service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Atlanta’s Best Address.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I returned for a two night stay here, 12/12-14/13. I have been fortunate enough to stay in many hotels in my life, including many four and five star properties. I'm Marriott Gold Elite and SPG Gold. This stay was only two nights, but it was the absolute finest hotel stay of my life--and I just stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes for eight nights. Yes, it really is good enough that two nights here outweigh eight at one of the highest ranked R-C's in the US.

The property itself exudes such a classic, elegant luxuriousness. Nothing over the top. Nothing pretentious. I can sort of see what a previous reviewer meant by "sterile elegance," but I think that is what makes this place great. It isn't overdone; it doesn't look like someone crammed as many items into the space as possible like you see at some other properties. Everything has a function, but is gorgeous understated elegance. No corners were cut anywhere on property.

The rooms are wonderful. Frette linens and towels (finest towels of any property I've ever stayed in). Bed is high off the floor. Pillows could be firmer, but that is just my preference. Remede toiletry products are excellent. Touchscreen panel on one of three phones in room let you control climate and lighting from your bed--including the do not disturb indicator on the door (no knocking here; your room has a doorbell). Marble abounds throughout the bath area. Deep soaking tub allows anyone to fully submerse, even if you're tall like me. You expect all of this at this price point, and they don't disappoint. The small details are what really put this room into a class of its own: potpourri in closet, high quality robes (not cheaper ones like some other hotels), live orchid and other plants in room, and who could forget the television behind the mirror in the bathroom! It is impossible to list every detail of the room, but rest assured it is exquisite.

The service is exemplary, and is what really sets this hotel apart from other fine properties and is what made this stay so perfect. From the valets to the bellmen, you are treated very well without feeling "stuffy." Check-in was professional and easy; I was given a room upgrade and welcome gift (SPG Gold) without having to ask. Only hiccup of entire stay happened here; was asked which paper I prefer and I stated WSJ--I received a USA Today my first day and no paper the second day. Not sure what happened. Robert, our concierge, took care of all requests via e-mail prior to arrival and each and every detail was tended to. Excellent!

Complimentary transportation within a two mile radius is provided with a driver and black Mercedes-Benz. Used this for travel to/from Lenox Square, and it is such a convenience as Buckhead traffic can be unnerving. Louis was prompt both ways and friendly to talk to.

Housekeeping is excellent. The room is immaculate. The room was so clean, as a game I looked for anything they had overlooked. I found nothing--it literally could not have been cleaner! Got to interact with the turndown ladies as we were still in our room. Very friendly and accommodating. Room service was great as well. Delivered at the exact time requested.

Dining at the hotel isn't cheap, but I feel you get what you pay for. Astor Court is great for lunch and breakfast. Most if not many of those dining seem to be locals, not hotel guests. Room service was warm and tasty (had the pastry basket). I haven't dined here for dinner; I feel Chops next door is a better option as they are around the same price point. But, having not dined here for dinner that isn't an entirely fair statement, just my preference.

During December, the Pool Piazza is converted to a Winter Wonderland, with Christmas trees throughout and a very nice skating rink installed. Had a great time skating (it is $30 per hour per adult). This was a very unique offering that makes it a great weekend getaway for the Christmas season. They also offer a Tea with Santa. Did not participate in this, but saw their Santa & Mrs. Claus and they looked great. The walk-through (not for someone my height, but close!) gingerbread house was fun to spend a few moments admiring.

My previous experience at the Remede Spa on property was excellent, and this visit didn't disappoint either. Sure, it is pricey compared to other spas but the setting and furnishings are excellent. Tatiana at the front desk is friendly and helpful, and Lainey was great again as my massage therapist. I've been to spas at other upscale hotels and my experiences here trump them all.

I apologize for the long review but this property--and its staff!--are worthy of all these praises and much more. I'm sure I left out a few more things, there is just so much to remember and consider. When my travels bring me to this area, business or personal, I will always look to stay here first! I only wish there were more St. Regis properties in the US.

Room Tip: Lobby is 1-3; Astor Court and walkway to nearby buildings/restaurants is on 4. 5 is all meeting and...