“Old World Grace With The Latest Modern Conveniences: Top Ten in the U.S.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Atlanta

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
kentucky
“Old World Grace With The Latest Modern Conveniences: Top Ten in the U.S.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Seasoned travelers expect a certain level of service (for the price) in European and Asian Capitols and in U.S. cities like New York, Chicago, San Franciso - but Atlanta?
So many things about this excquisite property seem foreign for a city that has a reputation for having a meltdown over a little ice on the roads. For one thing, the standard rate of $400-plus a night - even on an "off" day in February! I'd expect to pay that maybe in NY or San Franciso, but Atlanta? Work was footing the bill, so I didn't object... Once you approach the front entrance, you realize this is no ordinary hotel for Atlanta - or anywhere, for that matter.
Even the Dowager on Downton Abbey would be pleased by the grand entrance and the level of service.
Brooke, my cheerful and excellent front desk person, greeted me with a genuine smile - She then passed me off to my friendly bellman/butler who informed me about a nightly champagne toast at 6pm (complimentary) and told me about lots of other extra features. He also demonstrated the very cool television screen inside one of the mirrors above a sink in the lux bathroom - That way, you can watch ESPN or the BBC while shaving! The room, which was no doubt one of their smaller, more "affordable" ones, still featured a marble foyer, giant tub along with a European toilet that allows you to do a "half" flush for number 1 and a "full" flush for you know...
The Concierge and his assistant were both extremely professional, helpful and polite and the driver of the house car was friendly. He will take you within about a mile of the hotel in a discreet black Mercedes instead of some giant limo or Maybach, There is so much to see and do near the hotel that this is very helpful.
I can easily see people feeling like this was the best hotel they'd ever enjoyed.
Only because I've had the privelege and luck to stay at quite a number of top-tier properties do I make the following observations about some "hiccups"
1) There was no bottle of water in the house car - I started to get a coughing fit and could've used some water which has always seemed to be standard in house cars.
2) The business center (I think they call it the library or study), was small with just one or two computers - In comparison, I've seen some other business centers that offer both Apple and Windows computers to accomodate serioius busines travelers.
3) While the computers in the business center were free - along with printing - the in-house high-speed Wi-Fi was an asstoundng $19.95! Granted, the standard speed - which is good enough for emails - is free - but I'm sorry: if I had been paying the about $500 for a room - I'd be livid. That's just tacky.
4)The room service menu was very small, with the expected hefty prices. Instead, I walked across the street and helped myself to the largest deli buffet I've ever seen at the Whole Foods market - I had dinner and a scrumptous dessert for what a dinner roll and coffee would have cost at the St. Regis.
5)The fitness center is adequate but they have those weird new Precor elipticals instead of the standard ones that you see in most gyms.
6) Less than a block from the hotel sits one of the best museums in Atlanta - The Atlanta History Center - which features a major Civil War exhibit and houses the city's collection of artifacts and memorabilia from when they hosted the Olympics, along with a cool Golf museum and one dedicated to folk art. but when I asked one of the valet's what I might see if I were to take a walk - he just mentioned the malls and some nice scenery. Luckily, I walked in the direction of the scenery and found the museum on my own.
7) It is about a 20 minute brisk walk to the closest MARTA station (light rail from downtown and the airport). When I called, the operator had said it was close - about a half-mile. But I'm guessing it was more like a mile. I didn't mind and enjoyed the walk along PeachTree, but some visitors may be frustrated - especially since you walk past the Grand Hyatt and lots of other perfectly accpetable hotels before you get to the out-of-the-way St. Regis.
Again, these are all REALLY picky things - I easily would rank the St. Regisl in the Top Ten hotels in the U.S. - If you can get work to pay for it, or you're enjoying a beneficial exchange rate - it's worth the splurge.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear stevereviwes,
Thank you for your compliments and we especially look forward to sharing your kind note with our front desk team. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the suggestions you outlined in your review. We hope you will visit our address again when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Definitely my favorite hotel in the Atlanta area. Excellent accommodations as is expected with St. Regis, and certainly the room does not disappoint in any way. Great food choices within walking distance as well as the food at the hotel itself. The burger and chicken club are not to miss in my opinion. Additionally, excellent bar service and selection from knowledgeable and very friendly bartenders. In fact, i usually see the same bartender in there each time I go, and I'm always happy to see that as I know everything will be top notch. Also, Don't be afraid to ask for drink suggestions, as they always seem to come up with exactly what you are looking for. Lastly, the spa facilities are only average, but the service and treatments are spot on.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear aaron b,
We appreciate your comments on our culinary offerings and service you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Weather could have been better, but the hotel made the trip worth it! Excellent Valentines get a way!!
Room service had a nice selection, it arrived hot and quick. The personnel had great suggestions on area attractions and were spot on for suggestions. Can not wait to return this summer.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Iscreamuscream1,
Thank you for sharing positive feedback of your stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service. We are pleased to hear of your exceptional Valentine’s visit and hope that you return this summer to enjoy our Pool Piazza!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Everything was amazing- room, service, people, etc... Everyone was very accommodating and friendly.There are tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Great place to relax. Hope to be back sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear TMC5030,
I appreciate your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff who strive to provide service beyond expectation. We hope to welcome you to our address again in the near future.
Evian-les-Bains, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I am a seasoned traveller and this was my first time in a Saint Regis and I really enjoyed it! Great service, unpretentious, discreet but classy at the same time. The room was very comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the technology functional!
I would recommend this hotel and will go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank manil0u
Dear paranoa,
Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words and we look forward to having you as our guest once again in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before, and i stayed here with a friend of mine during the recent Atlanta snow fiasco. The hotel on other occasions seemed really good to me. But being a luxury hotel that belongs to a chain of highly prestigious SPG group, the recent experience left a sour note. The hotel does not have enough inventory to serve dinner to its guests when the roads shut down in Atlanta on day 1? We were told dinner service was not available at 9 pm. We went to the bar next door for dinner. The bar did a 'last call' at 11 pm,even though there were many people stuck and nothing to do. The one person i liked interacting with was a staff who was stuck at the hotel with her dog, she brought me warm covers to make my self on a small sofa/chair and was really pleasant to talk to.
The front desk was of no help in terms of even advising to maybe make myself comfortable on a lobby chair, even though i am a Platinum member of this chain.
I normally love St.Regis but when it mattered the most, St.Regis, Atlanta went down just like the rest of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Wanderlust1809,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we extend our apologies that your visit was anything less than exceptional. The unfavorable weather conditions in Atlanta were a struggle for our operations. Our limited menu offering was created to help our limited staff provide the best experience to our guests with the supplies given since our scheduled deliveries were unable to reach the hotel in the dangerous road conditions. We value our loyal SPG guests and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known when you return to Atlanta.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My first time at the Atlanta St Regis and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Initially disappointed upon check in as platinum and no suites available, no club lounge/lounge benefits, etc and then the new SPG choice for platinum amenity...500 points OR breakfast.....really??.......the charming young lady at the front desk (Brooke) tried her best to help. Room was great, spacious, elegant, great bathroom toiletries. Breakfast in the Club Astor was excellent as was the service, had dinner there with a colleague after escaping another local restaurant that was reco'd but was virtually deserted, happy we chose dinner at the hotel. The Great 2" Snow Storm of 2014 was another adventure, city closed down for a couple of days, staff had to sleep at the hotel (as did many weary Atlantans that couldn't make it home and ended up sleeping on any horizontal space in the public areas on Tuesday, that evening people were sleeping in grocery stores, Target, etc, quiet an urban disaster), the St Regis took it all in stride and made all feel welcome and well taken care of. The bar staff (Leo and colleauges) were charming each evening despite everyone working multiple 16 hr days in a row, same with restaurant staff and room service, and car valet/front door guys. Thanks to all for taking such good care of everyone during this exceptional period. Couldn't think of a better place to wait out the snowy/icy weather.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear adventureofalifetime,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. Atlanta’s “winter storm” was crippling to our city but I am thrilled to know our staff’s commitment to service and hospitality shinned through to our guests. I appreciate your feedback of our SPG amenities and upgrades and I have shared your comments with my fellow leaders. I hope you will return to our address when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.