“Best luxury hotel experience ever!”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Best luxury hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We have stayed at Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons and others but we were extremely surprised that the St. Regis Atlanta surpassed all of them! Wow! We can not believe that we had not heard of this oasis in Atlanta before now! If I could rate Sleep Quality a 6 I would. Absolute comfort and absolute quiet in the room. Pool with water fall takes you away - never once did we hear a car horn, siren or other city "noise." We will be back - this year!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Dear adamtan40: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We consider our hotel a true in-town resort and we appreciate your comments on the serenity and peacefulness you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The St. Regis hotels are among the best in the world for their rooms, public spaces and service. I have stayed in many of the 35 hotels around the world.

The Atlanta property, one of the newest, is among the best looking and most comfortable of all. The workmanship, materials, colors and design blend old world standards with a contemporary feel.

The property is extrememly well located offering the best of Buckhead for evenings combined with a short 15 minute drive down Peachtree to downtown in the morning.

I have found the service to be excellent, and unlike other reviewers, I have not, in my 12 stays suffered the difficulties that others have. While other properties offer more aggressive guest engagement, I believe that this property follows better the Southern model of unobtrusiveness, anticipation and discretion appropriate to its location. That being said, I am have been greeted warmly and by name with each visit.

I would also add that the St. Regis Bar is a very popular destination and the staff of bartenders are outstanding.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the St. Regis Atlanta. My mom and I stayed at this hotel for a girls-only weekend getaway. We were greeted prior to arrival via email by the butler who offered his assistance. Upon arrival, the valet and door staff were friendly and helpful.

The room itself was beautifully appointed, with many little details that made it especially comfortable. The chaise lounge was a wonderful spot to read a book. Also, the bed had nice reading lights that came from behind the bed. In the bathroom, the deep soaking tub was lovely, and the TV inside the vanity mirror was a neat touch. Also, we had ice waiting for us in our room with our evening turndown service.

The computer display on the phone that controls the room lighting and climate was easy to use after a couple of minutes. When we arrived in our room, the bellman explained how the system worked. I enjoyed the fact that the air conditioner actually got the room nice and cool, unlike many hotel air conditioners.

My only complaint is that I feel the parking charge is a bit excessive, but that is to be expected I suppose.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2010

From beginning to end, this was by far the most amazing experience in a hotel I have ever had. I do not understand its place as #5 on the list in Atlanta, when it rightly should be #1. The comfort of the room was excellent- large and comfortable. The bathroom contained an ample bathtub, separate shower and toilet. The staff were exemplary; the concierge offered excellent recommendations for dinner and even followed up on how our dinner out was. Various staff remembered our names and seemed more than willing to go out of their way for anything we needed. Also, room service was prompt and very well put together. Turn down service in the evening had wonderful music to come back to the room to and we truly felt pampered. Well worth every penny, I simply can't say enough good things about this location. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
PearlGirl25 - I would like to personally thank you for sharing positive feedback of your stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of recognition and bespoke service. We look forward to your return in the near future!
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My wife and I traveled to Atlanta from Maryland for my niece's wedding by automobile. I had decided that we were going to stay somewhere different than where my family was staying as it was the beginning of our vacation and chose the St. Regis based on it's reputation. We arrived right around 3:30 with the wedding starting @ 6:30 and things could have not run smoother. We pulled up to valet and identified what bags we were checking in from the trunk and was escorted to the front desk where they were already pulling up our information for check-in. All that I remember walking in was what an elegant entranceway and main room center pieced by a beautiful spiral staircase.

I informed the concierge that we would need transportation (in the form of a taxi) to the wedding as we wouldn't be driving. He asked where we were heading, suggested the time we should leave as it would be a rush hour Friday in downtown Atlanta. We got our room keys and floor and were walked to the elevator as we were informed our bags would be right up.

We arrived to the room and it was to say nothing short of elegant with a long foyer flowing into the master suite area and a huge bathroom with double doors on the right. There was a sitting area with a a desk off of the bedroom, a nice love seat in the corner, double mirrored half doors opened up to view the bathroom with a large soaking tub at the centerpiece. Before we could take it all in our bags had arrived signaled by a quiet rap on the door. Our "butler", removed everything and hung up the suit bag, asked if we would like anything unpacked and put away and showed us all of the amenities available to our room. He made sure to go over the central controlled console that handled the lights, phone, front desk, do not disturb, music, central air/heat..... all from the side of the bed. He then showed me the appointments in the bathroom with.....an embedded digital screen in the mirror with complete cable access and remote.

Our taxi was waiting when we came downstairs, the bed was more than comfortable, the room was quiet with no hallway disturbances, the staff was great on arrival through departure. Depending on your budget it can be a bargain or it can be an extravagant luxury; either way it should be something you experience.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Recently wife, family and I had the opportunity to stay at the St Regis Hotel in Atlanta, Ga and I am compelled to share our experience. From the time we first set foot at the front door to the time we departed we were made to feel welcome and the service was flawless. The staff at all levels provided friendly and prompt service and, as far as I'm concerned, went above and beyond our expection. Additionally, the rooms and amenities are wonderful as was the food and beverage at all venues. The experience we enjoyed at the hands of the entire staff made our weekend that much more pleasant. You can be sure you will see us again in the near future.

Louisiana
Reviewed 27 May 2010

This is the third time I have stayed at the St. Regis in Atlanta. Before, I my comfort zone was the Four Seasons. The St. Regis in Atlanta blows the Four Seasons out of the water. Don't get me wrong. I love the Four Seasons. The service is wonderful and the hotel is nice. However, the St. Regis is so much more than the Four Seasons. The rooms are beautiful; a hundred times more beautiful than the Four Seasons. The service is impeccable. They treat you like royalty. You can even borrow their Bentley if you want to take it for a spin. My room had a beautiful foyer that opened to a beautiful room with a sitting area. The room is decorated to where it is very soothing. Light walls with blues and silvers and a bathroom to die for. A double vanity bathroom that has a tv inside of the mirror. There is a bathtub that is as deep as a swimming pool, and a great shower too. The bed, of course, is wonderful. Also, you can control everything from the climate of the room to the lights just by touching a few buttons on your phone. There is also a really nice gym. The pool is beautiful, even though I did not get a chance to swim in it. However, I did have the chance to get a massage at the hotel. That was one of the best massages I have ever had. In summary, I have stayed at quite a few five star hotels in my life, and the St. Regis Atlanta is probably in top three i have ever stayed. I highly recommend it for business or pleasure. One more thing. You have to go check out the wine bar and the library bar. Awesome.

Stayed May 2010, travelled solo