“Forget The Ritz...It's The St. Regis Atlanta”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Marietta, Georgia
“Forget The Ritz...It's The St. Regis Atlanta”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Besides being one of the classiest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed, we were extremely impressed with the overall appearance, and decor of this wonderful hotel and the incredible, professional care and attention we received while our two-night stay at the St. Regis Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
We are locals and we decided to spend a special "birthday weekend" in Atlanta at the St. Regis because we are Starwood members. I must say that it was one of our best experiences at any hotel. We have traveled to many places in the country and abroad. The St. Regis was, by far, one of our most enjoyable times ever spent at a hotel.
The look of the place was nothing but class.Our room was magnificent. My wife and I looked at each other and realized this was something special. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and attentive to all details. The pool staff was very caring to all the needs of the hotel guests and was always available to offer refreshments during a very hot weekend.
From check-in to chek-out, the St. Regis Atlanta became one of our favorite places, and we will, most definitely, be back again. Do yourselves a big favor and "forget the Ritz...it's the St. Regis, Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
Dear riffman1948 - Thank you for your compliments! We believe the St. Regis epitomizes the elegance and refinement unique to gracious Southern living and brings a new dimension of luxury to Atlanta. We appreciate your acknowledgement and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next weekend escape!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2010

What a great hotel , the room was perfect and the Gym was nice overlooking to pool. The pool likes like a place where all the "pretty people" in Atlanta are. The bar and the service was perfect. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2010

This hotel is smaller than it appears (the bulk of the building is taken by the St. Regis Residences) and the smallness adds to the atmosphere of good service and relaxation.

Highlights: staff that seems genuinely interested in meeting your needs, cool in-room "command center" for lighting and temperature, giant soaking tub with equally giant plush towels, and... drumroll please... a delightful attendant waiting outside your door with coffee in the morning! She rings the doorbell moments after you've answered your wake-up call, wishes you good morning, and carries in a tray with complimentary coffee and newspaper. Perhaps you'd like to enjoy it from your soaking tub!

Make sure to leave your room long enough to request turndown service. It appeared that they basically re-cleaned my room, refreshing the stock on all towels, refolding the edge of the toilet paper, putting out complimentary water, filling the ice bucket, and - of course - the traditional mint.

Why not perfect? For me, the obstacle was room service. I noticed the "afternoon tea" described in the in-room dining portfolio, which is certainly a unique offering. When I called to order it, I was told it must be requested 24 hours in advance, although the menu did not mention this. I settled for some Pellegrino from the mini bar. Much later at night I ordered a club sandwich and ice cream, which was delivered at superhuman speed by a bright-eyed attendant. Despite the quick and friendly service, the sandwich was one of the worst I've ever tasted, with thick hunks of turkey stuffed between burnt toast soaked through with mayo. I've eaten some bad sandwiches but never paid this much for one. (The front desk did refund half my room service bill at check-out but I wanted a good sandwich, not a refund.)

Note that the beds here are firmer than the norm in hotel chains these days. This is a Starwood property but they're not using the "heavenly bed" here. I loved the firmness but your mileage may vary.

This is my third stay at a 4+ star hotel in Buckhead. I have also stayed at The Intercontinental and the Grand Hyatt. While both competitors are more centrally-located to Buckhead's restaurants, shopping, and transit, the St. Regis is much newer, boasts more amenities, and has a better staff than these two competitors combined. Unless I was traveling to Buckhead only to shop at Lenox Square, I can't see why I would stay anywhere but the St. Regis if money was no object.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I chose to spend the 4th as a staycation in Buckhead at the St. Regis ATL. It was my 3rd time at this property, and I'm and SPG Gold member. This property has "upped their game" EVERY STAY! The rooms are extremely plush. I typically stay in hotels that are 5 star for leisure travel (no lower than 4). So, my bar is set pretty high. But, St. R ATL did not disappoint.

ROOMS: VERY comfortable and plush room with excellent attention to detail. I loved the electronics...one button to dim lights was great. I booked Delux King and requested my SPG upgrade to the Grand Deluxe for a huge outdoor terrace. Spent so much time there! Bathroom was awesome, although I was too small for the HUGE tub and it was uncomfortable as I get sliding down. :0) HUGE SOAKING TUB!

SERVICE: Service was also excellent (it was sketchy my last stay). Tremendous attentiveness. A number of small details where the staff did things "out of there way" to accomodate me and minimize any unnecessary effort on my part.

FOOD: This is their weakness (I think it should be it's own rating category on Trip Advisor). Food was decent...not excellent and not worth the $. I had breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant and lunch 2 times at the pool. The only meal I truly LOVED was the $35 special buffet barbeque for the 4th of July. DELICIOUS!!!
However, no worries, because of the location of the property, several GREAT restaurants are within walking distance for prices/dining levels ranging from modest to fine dining. I recommend trying the St. Regis Specialty Woodford Reserve Burboun...it is superior to the standard Woodford (superior to me...it is actually just different. Less oakey and a little sweeter). Shout out to Jermain the bartender for great service and attentiveness and conversation and Jeremy the new bar manager for being great with new drink ideas.

SPA: I didn't visit the spa at St. R on this stay (Remede Day Spa). It is WAAAAAAAY over priced. In Buckhead, you have access to a TON of great day spas with equal or better service at half the price! Skip Remede and try some of the others (I'd reco Joli Spa or even 29 Spa at the Mansion on Peachtree Rosewood Hotel)

POOL: Pool area is nice and quaint...but too small for heavy pool days. It was hard on the 4th to find a chair and the pool is so small it felt crowded. But, besides the 4th...every other pool day was calm and relaxing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the stay at St. Regis Atlanta and HIGHLY recommend the property

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My daughter and I came to Atlanta to run the Peachtree 10k, and decided to treat ourselves to a stay at the St. Regis. A treat it was! The service we received at the St Regis in Atlanta this weekend was the best I have ever had at a hotel. The staff amazed us with the way they anticipated our needs. We loved the tea service with our wake-up call!

Thanks for a wonderful, memorable weekend!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. His company has been using the hotel for meetings for several months and everyone raved about it (and these are people used to high end service). So when he asked me if I wanted to celebrate our anniversary here, I said "sure".

From the valet, to the bellman, to the front desk staff, to the pool attendant, we couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome. And the hotel itself is exquisite. The pool is in an enclosed courtyard and we heard not one sound that would indicate we were right in the middle of the chaos that is Peachtree/West Paces Ferry. The rooms are bright and airy with white linens and plenty of lighting. Immense bathroom with separate tub, wall in-shower, and commode, as well as dual sink vanity.

I told me husband it was nice to be in a hotel hallway with natural light pouring in, unlike those where you need a flashlight to get to your room (cough, cough...The W...cough,cough). I'm sorry, but you can't even compare the level of service this hotel provides.

Wish we could've stayed longer. Thank you for a great 25th!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you keld0rama! It is wonderful to hear our hotel can be enjoyed by leisure and business guests alike! I have thanked our staff for providing a warm welcome to you and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the natural light throughout our beautiful hotel. We hope you will choose to visit us again soon and congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary!
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 7 July 2010

There is not much that I can say except that St. Regis in Atlanta is absolutely best experience I ever had. We had blast there and the stuff was more then perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business