“Thank you St. Regis Atlanta”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Thank you St. Regis Atlanta”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta last weekend (10/30/2010 – 11/1/2010) celebrating his Birthday. It was a real treat; I think I enjoyed his birthday more than he did.

Check in was smooth, we were given an unexpected upgrade to a beautiful room with a huge balcony, lovely marble foyer, wonderful bath and comfortable bed.
The service was second to none, butler service and beautiful turn down service, morning coffee and tea service, and a Bentley as a courtesy car…all I can say is “OMG”.

There are so many wonderful things about the St. Regis Atlanta; the common areas are beautiful, fireplaces on the patio, crystal chandeliers, but the people really make the difference.

This is a weekend we will not soon forget. We love The St. Regis and are already planning our June anniversary, at the St. Regis Princeville in Kauai.

Thank you St. Regis Atlanta for a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dlclay1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I found the St. Regis in Buckhead (Atlanta) to be a fantastic hotel. From the high-quality customer service to the outstanding rooms, this hotel had it all. My room had a luxurious bathroom and balcony overlooking a pleasant skyline and the hotel was situated in a splendid part of town. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or leisure. It really only takes about 15 minutes to get downtown (save heavy traffic hours).

However, it is not a budget hotel. Since this is a luxury establishment, expect to pay for internet, parking, breakfast, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Dear KrazyKrem,
Thank you for staying with The St. Regis Atlanta on your recent business trip. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the luxury of your guest room with a view of the beautiful Atlanta skyline. I have shared your review with our staff since we strive daily to exceed the expectations of every guest, such as yourself. For your next visit to Atlanta, whether it be for business or pleasure, I hope you will allow us to welcome you once again!
TN
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The best hotel in Atlanta. The service is great. The rooms are great. The pool, spa, work out etc...all great. The front door/bell staff are outstanding. The take care of every request. All in all a very impressive experience. The only downfall is the bar. It is quite a happening hotspot. While that can be good, it can be frustrating just trying to get a drink. Wait staff in the bar move waaaayyyy too slow. Also, the rooms tend to be hot....year round. Besides those minor flaws, it really is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis on a Saturday night in October to celebrate our anniversary. The public areas of the hotel are splendid and spacious. When we arrived in our room on the 6th floor, our eyes were drawn immediately to a brown disgusting splatter on the wall. Interestingly, rather than move us to another room, a butler came with a cleaning agent and removed the stain. The butler was friendly and prompt and said he would talk to his manger about the issue. The room came equipped with a mini radio/Ipod player - ours didn't work. I mentioned these two issues to the reception agent upon checkout - he was polite but disinterested. Nice touches in the room included the juliet balcony and tv and large soaking tub in the bathroom. Breakfast in the Bistro on Sunday morning was perfectly fine and service was good. The bars are lovely and with superb wine selection. I've stayed at the Ritz-Carlton downtown and the Inter-Continental in Atlanta - I guess I just expected a finer attention to detail in the rooms at the St. Regis. Our rate at the St. Regis was $305 - that same night the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead was about $100 less - I'm not sure the St. Regis was worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for our wedding night, and it was absolutely perfect.

We had booked the suite in part out of sentimentality--my husband proposed at the St Regis in New York, so we liked the idea of staying there. That said, we had also heard glowing reviews, and every one was beyond well-deserved. From the kindness and responsiveness of the staff to the beautifully appointed suite to the bathtub unlike any I had experienced before, our experience was nothing short of magical. We were sad to leave for our honeymoon after only one night, and we will definitely be returning for special occasions going forward!

It is also worth nothing that the cost was comparable to other area luxury hotels, but the suite was head and shoulders above the competition. And definitely well worth every penny!

• Stayed October 2010
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear MrsAWW,
It is truly rewarding to read your review. Thank you for the compliments; I will be sure to share your experience with our staff. Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for spending this special milestone in life with The St. Regis Atlanta! We look forward to sharing many future celebrations with you!
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We stayed at the St. Regis in the end of September and found the rooms to be spotless, large, and very luxurious. However, I think all of the other results say the same.

What I want to comment on was some of the small details that hotel management needs to tweak. Most guests probably wont find these details to be important but I think management should be made aware.

My first example is the Butler Service response time. I emailed them and didnt get a response (or even an acknowledgment of my email) for days. I had to keep following up. I never did get an answer on setting up transportation into the city. Usually, this is par for the course with an average hotel. However, when paying a premium for service, this should not happen.

Secondly, although we checked in early, we were not even given an approximate time the room would be ready. As you can imagine, it makes it difficult to plan other activities. A simple estimate would have been most helpful.

The other thing that was mildly irritating was that the courtesy car was never available and the bellman didnt seem to know its schedule. Again, this isnt a huge deal but important for a hotel of this caliber.

My last point isnt really a critique at all - simply an observation - My wife and I are both 30 yrs old and were dressed in polos and jeans - It certainly seemed as though we were looked at sideways as if we didn't really belong - as if it was old-money-only

Overall, the St. Regis was excellent and I would stay there again without hesitation. I just hope they tweak some of the service issues.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Dear bugsy554,

Thank you for writing a review of The St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these kinds of details to our attention allows us to improve and as a AAA Five Diamond hotel, it is imperative that every member of our staff focuses on even the smallest steps of service. Thank you once again and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Don't even think about the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta! This is the best hotel in Atlanta and the service is top notch!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple