“notice me!”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #108 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 4 October 2011

i have always loved staying at the w. i stay at the one in new orleans alot and love it, as well as others. this past weekend was my first time at the w atlanta midtown. after being in the car all day, my friend and i arrived. we checked into our room and chose to go for a walk, still in our casual tshirts from the long car ride. when we came back to the hotel, the three male employees guarding the door were less than pleasant. they were blocking the entire entrance to the hotel, flirting with a young girl all dolled up in a tight dress, bending over with her behind in the air. needless to say, her flashy attire and.. position.. was far more appealing to the employees than the two teenage girls in tshirts. they completely ignored us, and continued to block us from getting into the hotel. we became a little irritated by this, and pushed past them. they finally noticed us because we had not shown them our room keys (because they didnt even notice us standing there trying to show them) and one of them made a comment about my friend under his breath, but they didnt bother to ask us if we were even guests, they just continued with their prior distraction. great hotel, rude service.
our room was also very dusty, and there were smudges and handprints all over the mirrors and windows- way to ruin a view.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank emily s

Reviewed 1 October 2011

The comments about expensive drinks, club music, and gay people make me laugh. It's the W Hotel in Midtown Atlanta! The vibe is fun and cool, the staff (gay or straight, who cares?) is friendly, and beds are really nice. Yes, hotel and food and drinks are expensive - please show me an urban 4 star hotel where that is not the case! Anyway, off the soap box.

I really like Starwood Hotels - we often stay at the Westin Buckhead (which might be more appropriate for reviewers who found this hotel too loud or didn't like the decor) but decided to try the W Midtown on this stay (we were there for the annual Peachtree Road Race). For race runners, by the way, the W was much better than the Westin. There was fruit, granola bars, water and coffee available for runners at like 6am. We very much appreciated that!

We had a standard room (only a few rooms down from the elevator, but there was no noise) on the 7th floor. The decor was a fun black, grey and purple. The bed was awesome - I slept so well - one of the best beds ever. Like every W, nice bathroom products (BLISS). I didn't love the shower in our room however- we had issues getting the water to be hot (vs. warm) and got water all over the bathroom because of the open concept. Someone had knocked the bathroom pocket door off the track and we called to get it fixed - they promptly sent someone to take care of it. We did take advantage of the car service - once to downtown ATL and once to dinner in a nearby neighborhood (Virginia-Highland). Great service, very friendly and no problem booking a ride.

We spent some time at the pool - very nice, but not enough chairs to go 'round. Wish there were more space. Sadly, we didn't have time to visit the spa, but I would like to try it out, perhaps on our next visit. (we will return)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank groverly
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Love this hotel! Clean rooms, spacious, big bathroom and shower, great views!! Stayed here for a bachlorette party and had wonderful time! The pool area was awsome, nice lounges, service was okay (there was only one waitress working by herself, so she was doing the best she could) good food, good drinks! The location of the hotel was perfect! We were able to walk to all of destinations, no need for a cab!

Cons: Crowded front lobby and check-in took a while.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The W Hotel at the Mid-Town Atlanta GA location is a almost totally gay facility. They were not invading my space I was invading their space because they are the majority of the clients. The rooms are called modern, I declare them small, not clean, with poor service. Everything at this hotel is for sell, to the point of being obnoxious. Extremely limited elevator space for this size hotel. Declaring you are busy for slow service is no excuse and may mean you are in the wrong business. Room not being cleaned and sheets changed until 4:00 is not acceptable. Every employee I meet gave me the impression that just chilling, no professionalism.
In conc know what the W stood for when I got there"Where the hell am I" came to mind.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank RRGGPM
Reviewed 21 September 2011

...if I had seen a staff member during my stay
...if the tub would have drained
...if you weren't robbed every time you ordered a drink (seriously, $11 for a well drink)
...if there had been a coffee maker in my room
...if I had received maid service without having to ask
...if there anything nearby that would have helped with the overpriced drinks and $4 quarter can of pringles
Nice enough hotel with some cool amenities. Obviously refurbished and black lacquer paint slapped anything thet could. Nice tv, plug ins, etc. For my tall frame I was thankful for the shower height. Food in the restaurant was good, but an Omlet will set you back $18. Ridiculous. Loved The Living Room bar if you can afford the drinks. I was fortunate to get a room on a top floor so I very much enjoyed the view. Bottom line is would never stay there again and would not recommend unless you want to throw away money.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Tejasntv
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Enjoyed my short visit to W Atlanta Midtown. Very chic, fun but yet classic. BTW-it's the largest W property PERIOD.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view.