“Nice hotel, nothing really special”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #102 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Romania
“Nice hotel, nothing really special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Located in downtown Atlanta, at the end of the main street, this design hotel is exactly what you would expect from it. Rooms are pretty small, with all the modern amenities, the lobby and restaurant are modern in both aspect and function. Free WiFi with limited speed, extra speed is an extra, expensive parking, expensive room service.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank ggabi
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear "ggabi,"

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Atlanta. The next time you plan a trip here, you may want to check the special offers page on WAtlantaMidtown.com -- we have special packages that include complimentary valet parking, which may benefit you.

We do hope you'll stay with us again.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Salinas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I were in town for a convention. We were a slight distance from the convention center although we were in great walking distance to amazing restaurants and museums. The hotel itself is a little more modern than I had expected. The room was modern, clean, but a little small. The staff was extremely well mannered and accommodating. They could not find our room reservation at first but managed to get us exactly what we reserved.
I did indulge in the Bliss spa ...amazing !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Nikki C,

Thank you for your kind review! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our location in Midtown, and Bliss spa. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in Atlanta.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Concierge service is great and the front desk is efficient and friendly. The rooms are comfy. The restaurant staff was extremely accommodating. Overall a good experience.

The only problem that I had was with housekeeping. I had a 4 p.m. checkout with my SPG gold status. I confirmed it with the front desk when I checked in and again on the day of my departure. The housekeeper knocked on my door at 1 even though the do not disturb sign was on my doorknob. I told her that I had a late checkout. About an hour later, the housekeeping manager called me in my room and barked at me, "When are you leaving?" Again, I explained that I had a late checkout. She just hung up in my face at that point. The front desk and the housekeeping staff need to communicate better regarding late checkouts.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear KMichelleM,

First, please accept our apologies for the miscommunication with your late check out -- we have addressed the issue with our staff and your comments will help us improve. Thank you. Also, thank you for the kind words about our service and comfortable rooms -- we hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is my favorite W so far! The rooms are small but so comfortable, clean, everything I needed. Customer service was perfect! Although the pool is small, the amount of lounge chairs was decent. The cocktails were good, food, cold towels delivered and again, customer service on point. I enjoyed the lounge/bar area a lot and it was nice to have a club in the hotel, even though the night I went it was pretty young (early 20's - 30's). It is the little things the W does like fruit infused water available for all in the lobby and people to greet you.

The bed/pillow were soft and comfortable with complimentary water in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Dransom,

We are thrilled to be your favorite W! And glad you enjoyed our pool and other amenities. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

The W over looks Piedmont Park. It is located in beautiful Midtown ATL and offers lush amenities!!! to include access to the latest Acura MDX(Official Car of the W)

Room Tip: Make sure you stay up above the 7th floor to get good cell phone reception and make sure you ask to...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LaWanF
Dear LaWanF,

Thanks so much for your review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, our beautiful "backyard," Piedmont Park, and our Acura service. We hope you'll return soon!

Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Recently completed three day business trip. Room is clean and comfortable. Easy walk to restaurants. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Saratogajh,

Thank you for the kind words! We hope you'll stay with us again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Last week, I held a dinner event at the Altitude event space of the W Atlanta Midtown. The space was the perfect size for a reception and dinner for 50 people, but it could have held many more. The view speaks for itself as you are able to overlook Piedmont Park directly, with extended views of the skyline of Atlanta and the surrounding highlights, i.e. Stone Mountain, Kennesaw Mountain, etc. As if that wasn't enough, Gaylene and all of the staff who helped to plan our event bent over backwards to ensure that everything worked out flawlessly. And the chef did an amazing job on the customized menu. I would highly recommend this event space for a 'wow-factor' event or wedding and I would definitely recommend the event staff at this property. I hope to do many more events at this property in the future. Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear TLee68,

You have made our day! I've shared your comments with our chef, Gaylene, and the entire team -- we're thrilled that you enjoyed your event and hope you'll return soon.

Thanks again,