“Good service”

Ranked #103 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Midwest Illinois
“Good service”
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

As soon as I walked into my room on the 10th floor I smelled cigarette smoke. I was exhausted from a long day of traveling and didn't want the hassle of trying to get another room. Well after about 2-3 hours in my room, the smell got worse and started to bother me no matter how much perfume I sprayed. I called the front desk, who was apologetic, and had a new, smoke smell free room within minutes on the 11th floor. A staff member even brought my key up for me, so I didn't have to go down to the lobby. After this, I got a great nights sleep. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and I'd stay again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wanderlust678
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear "l0vebug,"

Thank you for your review -- we apologize that your first room smelled of smoke but glad that we were able to quickly resolve the problem for you. Thanks for your kind words and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Take care,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Georgia
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hotel room is very modern. Fixtures are unique. No tub in room and only towel bar is a ladder next to the toilet. Did not allow a good location for hanging clothes to dry. My view was to look at another office building. Some extra touches - they change the floor mats in the elevator at least three times a day. Service at checkin was very nice. Overall service was very good and friendly. Parking is by valet or there is a garage right next to the hotel which is much cheaper than the valet. The hotel is connected to the colony square shopping center. The food at the hotel was also a bit unusual but very good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear "justme2Georgia,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay here, but sorry we disappointed you in some ways. Here are a few tips that may help you have a perfect stay next time: We do have some suites with tubs, so please inquire about those the next time you make a reservation. You may also want to inquire about rooms with gorgeous views of Piedmont Park. Valet parking is a more economical choice for guests who want in-and-out privileges, and we also have some packages on our special offers page at watlantamidtown.com that include parking. We do hope you'll give us another try the time time you're in the city.

Take care,

W Atlanta - Midtown
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Getting off the elevator to go to our room, the hallways were dirty with debris, room was clean, but starting to get run down, chips in furniture, scuffs on doors and walls. Spice Market was okay, but for the quality of food, over priced. The worst part was hearing all the noise from our bed between 1 to 3 am in the hallway. Could hear every drunk person coming out of the elevator, people running up and down the hall, knocking on the doors, including ours. Finally at 3 am we caerlled down and they sent up security and it seemed to quiet down after that. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelOnMyMind07
Dear "TravelOnMyMind07,"

Thank you for your review -- I am sincerely sorry that we disappointed you and you didn't enjoy your stay. I do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in the city. If you do, please email me to let me know so we can insure that you are well taken care of: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This was a very nice hotel, and I got a good rate by shopping online. The only problem is the $30 hotel valet parking - which is cheaper than the parking garage if you go in and out. Staff was very helpful, good, clean nice hotel - just add $30 to the price if you have a car!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear "WBMT," Thank you for your review. We were happy to hear your experience at the hotel was a good one! Parking prices in the city can certainly be surprising but we take pride knowing ours is cheaper than other hotels. That being said, you are correct it is cheaper than parking in the attached parking deck and much more easy to get in and out priveleges. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.
W Midtown Management
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Like other "W" hotels, this one seeks to project an air of edgy sophistication. But it manages to also combine that with some Southern warmth. From the guys at the door to the people you meet outside your room, everyone was really friendly - a little unnerving if you are used to many of the other W hotels. The food and service were very good. I appreciated the free WiFi, and my room was very comfortable for working. The elevators were efficient - a must for such a large hotel. If I were to be in Atlanta for business I'd definitely check this out. The gym was smallish for a hotel this size, but fine, and open 24 hours which is great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear "sarahM2001," Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We are so happy you had such a great experience! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future hopefully.
W Midtown Management
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My room was modern, minimalist, and clean. I liked the decor, clearly designed to appeal to younger travelers. The service was great and staff were helpful throughout. The lobby is a good place to hang out in the evening for snacks and the attached restaurant was surprisingly good. The hotel is within a few blocks of many corporate offices and right next to Piedmont Park, great for a morning run. The free morning coffee in the lobby is a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Hello "mrworldwide87," Thank you for taking the time to right such a complimentary review. We are thrilled you had such good experience at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on any future return visit to Atlanta.
Lukus Kindlesparker-Hotel Manager
san diego, ca
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My stay at the W was neither a 5 star nor a 1 star. Here's my list:

Pros:
- Friendly service - staff was always helpful and the valet always offered to point us in the right direction
- Great location - located right on peachtree and a 5 minute walk to piedmont park. It's also adjacent to a food court.
- Good gym with treadmill, elliptical and plenty of weight machines. I went when they just cleaned so the treadmill was slippery.
- Appetizers at Spice Market are very delicious and so are the drinks, try the passion fruit whiskey.

Cons:
- Room was a little dated - The wood on the tables and vanity were scratched and peeling, it made you feel like you were in an old room.
- While the sheets were clean, we opted for housekeeping everyday and there were days that the floor was not vacuumed.
- The bed was hard and had a weird topper.
- Very loud, our neighbors were up at 6 am and I could hear them showering and talking. Also you can hear people talking in the hallway.
- Fridge is sensored and there is no space to put your own food away.

Ultimately, I would rather stay at another hotel but wouldn't mind coming back if needed.
Also, valet is $30 a day, there is a parking structure next to it that's connected to the food court, but it was $16 for 6 hours, I'm not quite sure it's worth it for overnight and I couldn't find the sign with pricing posted.

Also, if you're a starwood gold member, they already have free wi-fi connection (albeit a little slow) so ask for something else as part of your welcome gift.

1 Thank amiedelanoche
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Dear "amiedelanoche,"

Thank you so much for your thorough review -- we appreciate your attention to detail and comments very much. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, location, amenities and food, but sorry that we disappointed you in other ways. With regard to valet, one tip that may help on your next stay with us: Visit our special offers page at watlantamidtown.com -- there are packages that include valet parking, which may be beneficial.

Thank you again -- we hope you'll give us another try,

W Atlanta - Midtown