“I'm wondering...”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #109 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I've been staying here for almost a month on extended business... I've tipped heavily and so far, The W has taken but not given back. Called for the last 4 days to get my mini-bar re-stocked. No luck yet. The rooms are clean and there are nice views. Some odd plumbing but not too bad. I'd hold your tip money until you get some real service however. Very polite... just not big on following-through with basic requests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello ShellyJ.
I appreciate you taking the time to send your review. However, I hate to hear our service was not up to both of our expectations. Please email me directly so that we can make this right for you-especially if you are still staying with us. GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lukus Kindlesparker. Hotel Manager
W Atlanta - Midtown

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room was clean and had a great view. The only "concern" was a small vanity table outside the bathroom that certainly could use replacing and, of all things, the toilet seemd it needed to be more securely bolted to the wall (I don't think I've ever had to make a comment like that before!)
I will say the service was very attentive and extremely helpful and friendly.There was an overcharge on my bill and it was immediately remedied.

I certainly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello PM914.
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel. W Atlanta-Midtown is very proud of our team and we will certainly share this with them. We also appreciate you informing us of the 2 concerns in the bathroom. We have shared those with our Engineering and Style Departments so they can be addressed and corrected. We do hope to see you again when you are back in Atlanta.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is super trendy, love the décor! Walking distance to lots of things to do in the city, restaurants and a couple blocks from the Marta station. All of the staff was super friendly except for the manager of the club upstairs, he was seriously lacking. After coming from a wedding where the couple had just spent a large sum of money you would think he would have been more accommodating. Other than him the staff was wonderful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello do412.
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay. Sounds like you had an awesome time and we hope to see you again on your next visit. And we do hate to hear about your experience with Whiskey Park Management so we have shared your comments with the upper management team. Hope to see back in Atlanta and W-Midtown soon.
All the best!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel used to be a Sheraton while most of the renovations are nice. You can hear the elevators if your room is too close, the bathrooms aren't quite up to new W standards, and gym is lacking. Otherwise a solid hotel I stay in when in ATL for business.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Teresa D

Hello TeresaD.
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you will notice our ongoing improvements/renovations to the hotel. All the best, W Atlanta-Midtown

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I traveled from Indiana for a wedding. The wedding party stayed at this hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The decor is very modern. The staff was very nice and helpful. When we got to my room which was a double queen, it looked like a regular hotel room, the view of the city was beautiful though. Next door some young teenagers were having a party so it was a bit loud especially since I took my newborn along with me. My biggest complaint was the parking. It was $32 a day to park the car in the hotel which would have been fine if we had known earlier. Also the hotel had no vending machines so we had to buy their overpriced food but a good side to that was they offered free soft drinks in the bar. Over all the stay was nice but the rooms were way overpriced in my eyes and we got a discount for being in the wedding party.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello LawPerry.
Thank you for the nice feedback regarding your stay. We do hope the great staff and beautiful hotel outweighs the parking and food pricing.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I travel to Atlanta a lot for both Business and Pleasure and I am NEVER let down by the W Atlanta Midtown! The staff is always very helpful and always assist me with whatever I need! I would highly recommend to any business traveler or anyone looking for a nice place to get away for the weekend. The valet staff is the best in the business! Always very professional and friendly!!!

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with any choice of room at this hotel! My only advice would be to stay away from...

Hello BryanA.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! We truly feel so very lucky to have such a great team working at our hotel. Look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel, and found the service to be remarkably good. Room was typical for a W -- dark but well designed and very comfortable. I attended two days of meetings so wasn't able to leave the hotel at all, so can't really comment on the area. I had hotel food provided during our meetings -- honestly it wasn't very good, until the chef served up some fried chicken (possibly the best I have ever had!) with blackeye peas and mac and cheese. That was a memorable meal! Advice to hotel, your chef really knows how to do Southern cuisine! Staff was really top notch. The front desk was very good about adding staff whenever a line formed, so I never had to wait long. Room service was fast and friendly. I lost my phone somehow, and was relieved that someone turned it in to the front desk, and when I called the general information number they quickly put my mind at ease. Very, very stellar customer service.

Hello AnneKay9.
Thank you for your very nice review. We really feel that we are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff here at the W Atlanta-Midtown and thank you for your nice comments about them and our property. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Atlanta.