“Over the top service!”
Review of W Atlanta Midtown

W Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #117 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel has the coolest rooms, lobby, bar areas. Comfort is not hard to find in any location! Rooms have the most amazing views and beds that are beyond comfortable! You will not regret staying, only wish you would have booked a longer stay!

Room Tip: Spectacular rooms have the most amazing views but any room is grand!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hello Beth J.
Thanks for the awesome feedback! Hope to see you again on your next visit to Atlanta.
W Atlanta-Midtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I needed a room at the last minute and Sadia was working the desk and was able to accomodate me. The next day, my plans changed and I again needed a room at the last minute. Not only did Sadia again help me, she remembered me from the night before! Hold on to this employee!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hello BSDMarkW.
Thank you for your review. We are so glad everything worked out for your stay and we hope to see you again soon. And we agree- Sadia is definitely a keeper

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Attended the Atlanta Gift Show and stayed here for 3 nights. Since I booked room through the show I guess they can't guarantee the type of room you've booked which is not clear on the confirmation the show provides. Definitely needed a room with two doubles which the staff (referred to as 'talent' by the hotel) was helpful in making sure I received at check-in. Loved the signature look of the place too. Only drawback could be that there is no coffee maker in the room but they do provide piping hot, strong coffee, hot water, tea and lemon water in the lobby each morning. Good selection of restaurants within walking distance too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello KimK.
We are so glad you had a great visit with us and hope you enjoyed the Gift Show. As you mentioned, we do have a great W Cafe downstairs in our Living Room that has all the coffee you need to get your day started and we are glad that worked for you. Next time, please don't hesitate to call Whatever/Whenever and we can bring a coffee pot to your room. Will we see you in July?
We hope so.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had a great time at the W Midtown in Atlanta during my 4 day stay in town. I'm used to the W Hotel group and this one was up to my expectations.

The room was well sized with a large double bed and a great view, so no complaints here. I had good desk space which is always important to me and the AC was easy to control.

The staff were very friendly, especially reception and concierge. They were useful in giving me good dining suggestions near to the hotel and further afield into Buckhead and East of the city too.

I did not make use of the pool, but there is a great outdoor terrace at the front of the hotel which is a great space to meet with friends and fellow guests. Whisky Park bar/club venue was a nice place to spend an evening with an upmarket crowd and good music as ATL is renown for. Prices in here felt right for the ambience and the hotel.

I only had breakfast on my last day, which was served until 11am and I had no complaints here. Good food and a kind service from the staff.

I would certainly return to this W on my next return to Atlanta and it's a matter of paces away from Piedmont Park which is a beautiful place to enjoy in good weather. If you enjoy W Hotels, you're going to be just fine here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Coolskin8.
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are thrilled you had a great stay with us. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel never fails to amaze me!! From the minute you arrive you are made to feel welcome. I come each year to the BET Hip Hop Awards and despite it being VERY VERY busy, the staff always make up for it. We waited around 5 mins and was offered Wi-Fi in our rooms at no extra charge!! The room was immaculate and cool. The mini bar and snack area had a nice selection and was well stocked. The pool are was clean and most shockingly, there was nobody there, so it was real nice to have it too yourself!!
The only downside was that I was charged twice on my card for using the parking facilities, however, once the staff were alerted it was quickly rectified so no harm done!!! Two staff members whose customer service I thought was outstanding were Reginald, Byron and Brittany (I think it's her name!) on the front desk.
I would strongly recommend staying here everytime!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Cherry_ATL_LDN.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Keep an eye on your bill if you made a reservation over the phone.

I was charged twice, once when booking the room and another when I checked out. When I got home 4 days after leaving the hotel, I checked my credit card statement and saw that it was doubled. When I called about the issue the man that answered was really rude and did not conduct himself professionally. He was very dismissive and rudely said you should get a credit within a few days.

After a full 7 days I called my credit card company and they were able to take care of the issue and all is fine.

The stay at the hotel was nice enough. I liked the modern look and the layout of the hotel was fantastic. We had one little issue with the room itself and the fixed it right away and issued us a $25 credit for our troubles.

Bottom line: Nice hotel but their call center to handle issues lacked professionalism.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a better Atlanta view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John Y

Hello JohnY.
We feel terrible about the billing issues and would love to speak with you personally. Please email us at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com so we can personally assist you and make this right. We truly apologize for this inconvenience we caused you.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Travel all the time, as a result I'm a bit jaded, but the staff of the W in Atlanta were wonderful. Restaurant and Bar are part of the Culinary Concept Group, Jean Georges former corporate commercial restaurant operation. The food was every good, bar service was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John J
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hello Jctruthserum.
Thank you for your review. We really feel that we are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff here at the W Atlanta-Midtown and thank you for your nice comments about them and Spice Market. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Atlanta.