W Atlanta - Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$203
US$148
US$191
US$186
1,522 results
All reviewspiedmont parkwhiskey parkbliss spabliss productsmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby barfood courtbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I typically stay at the W Midtown for business. Rooms are always clean and staff is always friendly. I like the Spice Market for breakfast which is always good. Good location. Great for business and my go to choice in Atlanta for Starwood Hotels

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hello PaigeC.
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. Sounds like you had a good time and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is modern, stylish and pleasing on the eyes - but sadly that doesn't translate to a good experience.

The rooms are not soundproof at all. If someone in the room next to you is having a conversation at normal levels, you can hear it word for word. This is a slight annoyance that turns into a larger one when the people next to you are laughing and screaming til late in the evening.

The first dresser drawer I went to open the handle came off and I had to pry it back on.

I went to shower in the morning, after a sleep deprived night, and when I went to adjust the shower the entire thing fell onto the ground. Even after a maintenance guy came to fix it, it was an awkward experience since there was no shelf at all for the soaps or shampoos. I believe this was a handicapped accessible room, so if you do decide to stay here I'd suggest asking for a room with a tub and a standard shower.

Due to these issues, I requested a different room and I will say the staff was accommodating in trying to make that happen even though they were at capactiy. During a break in the conference I'm here for I moved my stuff and brushed my teeth to freshen up before heading to the next session. The sink sprayed water all over my khaki pants and I ended up having to change. Also, the sink didn't drain so when I went back downstairs I had to request a second maintenance person to come up and fix something wrong with my room.

Overall a really frustrating experience and not at all what I would expect for a W property. Maybe cut back on the style and focus on function - provide better soundproofing and appliances that actually work.

If I attend another conference hosted at the W, I'll stay somewhere nearby to avoid the sleeplessness, wet pants and overall frustration.

Room Tip: Avoid handicapped accessible rooms if you don't need it. Consider a nearby property instead.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hello JFCass.
We feel terrible about the experience you had during your recent stay with us and would love to speak with you personally. Please email us at GMWatlanta.midtown@whotels.com so we can assist you and make this right. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Just checked in, waiting on my husband to get here. Love the look, the decor, the service is great so far. Disappointed in the price to park! $32 a day for valet?! And we have two cars... Eek... That wasn't planned! Wish there was a bathtub in the room too, was looking forward to a little relaxation when I got out of the car for 5 hours. The view is great, wish we had gotten a suite, the extra room would be nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly B

Hello KellyB.
Happy Belated Anniversary and thank you for your review. We were happy to hear your experience at the hotel was a good one! Parking prices in the city can certainly be surprising but we take pride knowing ours is cheaper than other hotels. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Spent 3 nights at the W during Feb '14.

It's an interesting place with the entrance more akin to a dark night club with security staff letting you in.

You can tell that a lot of thought has been put into making this place feel different, though it's not my preferred taste of hotel decor.
My 12th floor room was well appointed, great bed & shower but in the daylight you could start to see traces of the decor looking old - scratches in a door here, chips out of the table there.

If you can I'd ask for a Nth facing room to watch the freeway juncture that separates the North and South sides of the city. The W is within minutes walking distance of the Atlanta Aquarium and World of Coke and the soon to be completed dome.

The restaurant downstairs was ridiculously good. I was part of a group of 10 and every single meal that came out was highly rated by the person eating it. And you'll pay for it being so! If you're after a simpler fair, there a more casual dining experience across the road from the hotel

Used the gym each day - it is a GENUINE gym - free weights, running machines, cycles and more along with a speed ball and bag, weight machines and a yoga/stretching area.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about this hotel were the staff - on the ball, quick to handle requests or offer advice as needed. Our group came in from all over the place - South Africa, Australia and across the US and bookings handled with ease

Another great thing was that it was just a couple of hundred meters walk from the train station back to the airport - don't bother with a cab as the MARTA was quick, clean and perfectly placed

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello Right Future.
Thank you for your review. We were happy to hear your experience at the hotel was a good one! We are very proud of our team here and will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I misplaced my Seattle Sea Hawks Jersey on my travels to Atlanta. Attending a Superbowl
Party during a Week Long Business Conference. Arrived at W Hotel and realized my Jersey was missing. 3 hours before Game time. Searched nearbye Sports stores, called Sports stores and No Jersey Available. Asked the Consciege could they help since I was heading into a meeting. 30 min before Game time they delivered not only a Jersey but a Jersey with Russel Wilson Number. It was the fantastic. The New Lucky Jersey will be worn at every game and remind me of the extra touches provided by W Hotel. The Hotel was great, great location, good food and Consciege did work to make me ( guest) extra happy to be staying at the W.

Room Tip: My room was excellent with a great view. Quiet great view and the bed was really comfortable. Hotel staff was fantastic. Always had a smile and willing to help out and provide advise

Hello JamesD.
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and even more so that you got another jersey. We look forward to seeing you again soon!