W Atlanta - Midtown
US$448
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
1,521 results
All reviewspiedmont parkwhiskey parkbliss spabliss productsmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby barfood courtbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipconciergeuberatlmarta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I ended up being very disappointed by a few incidents at this W. I really expected a lot more from a higher end hotel.

Checkin
No problem here at all. The front desk clerk was very friendly and had me to my room quick. Only slightly disappointed they had no upgrades for platinum members.

Parking
Expensive. If you valet its $32 and if you park in the deck its $31. Not sure if there are other parking decks in the area that could save a few bucks.

Room
The rooms are in good shape and i think have a great flow. The TV is up high so you can easily watch when you are laying in bed.

Bathroom
the bathroom it self was fine with a good selection of toiletries but I had next to NO water pressure. Really it was a dribble almost. So it took a long time to shower.

TV
Decent selection of channels and you can use the lodgenet app to switch channels.

Bed
Very nice and comfortable bed. I really liked it and there was enough pillows.

Staff
This is where I had a huge problem. At one point after I checked in a member of the staff walked right in my room without knocking. They didn't apologize and just walked right back out.
Then someone came knocking on my door at 7am the next morning. What made it worse was I had my do not disturb hanging on the door.

Internet
I did have one problem and the tech staff you call fixed it pretty quick.

Overall I wasn't mad but more disappointed. I can't believe they are supposed to be so high end and they have staff just walking into rooms.
I might stay there again if I HAD to be in the area and the rate was great but otherwise I'll just pick a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After just recently staying at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, we booked a stay at the W Hotel in Atlanta Mid-Town. There was no comparison!! ...The entire stay, the accommodations, the features and amenities, food, location, and especially staff, was so much more enjoyable and relaxing, and much more value for the money. My most enjoyable Hotel experience in probably 30 years of traveling!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DLynnD4
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for a wedding, veering off of the path of the recommended hotels for the weekend -- and I am so happy we did! It's a beautiful W and we were able to walk to a lot of places... I even walked to a nearby shopping mall to pick up some last minute accessories.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaMidtownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello GingerJamesNYC.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! Look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

From before I arrived until after I left, the staff here did their very best to make me feel at home. Vanessa was very nice and handled a last minute reservation change with ease, while Terrance at the front desk was particularly friendly and accommodating during my stay. Honorable mentions also go out to the shuttle drivers (Clemont and Scott) and the entire staff at the front doors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello TomE.
Thank you for the awesome feedback! We love our team here and are glad you enjoyed them as well. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've always heard how nice W hotels were, but this one was a disappointment. The location is great with lots of good restaurants in the area to walk to, but as far as the actual hotel, I expected more. Other reviews are absolutely correct when they say that sound is an issue. I could clearly hear every conversation going on in the hallways even though the people were not standing outside my door. We could even hear the elevator bells, though our room was five rooms away from the elevator waiting area. The rooms are very poorly lit making dressing quite challenging. The one good thing I can say is that the beds were very comfortable and had nice pillows and linens. However, I was not able to sleep well because of all the noise from the hallway and surrounding rooms. I don't think I would choose this hotel again if staying in the same area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello YellowRose56.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. Obviously, we are extremely dissapointed to hear your experience went this way. We would love to respond to you personally in the hopes of rectifying your experience. Please email us directly at- GMWatlanta.Midtown@WHotels.com so we may try to properly assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.